DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2011, 06:33 PM   #481
curiouslittleoyster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
How exciting for you! Congrats!
Thank you! We are very excited about Aulani and are hoping to stay there late next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
So what other rules are they going to ignore? Does this mean that I can 'steal' the robes, towels and kitchen equipment without repercussion too?

ALL rules need to be enforced -- period, the end. If someone above, below or next to me is smoking on their balcony the front desk will get constant phone calls or personal visits until it is rectified. And they'd better charge the offender the $250 cleaning fee. As an owner I don't want to pay a smidgen for it and I certainly don't want a unit that smells of smoke.

Friends and I stayed in a 2 bedroom a couple of weeks ago and we were very careful with all of the furnishings not to cause damage, spills etc. It didn't take a tremendous amount of effort.
I completely agree. We are also very careful during our stays and we treat the rooms as if they were our home because we do consider it our home. That studio was the first time for me to see a villa there in such condition. In addition to letting the front desk know, we also told our guide and contacted member services. Apparently, the issue needed to be forwarded to a couple different people but I was told I would receive a response soon. I'll post an update here.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #482
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
ALL rules need to be enforced -- period, the end. If someone above, below or next to me is smoking on their balcony the front desk will get constant phone calls or personal visits until it is rectified.
I don't like smoking at the Grand, so don't blame the messenger
I suspect that some smokers stay at the Grand because every room has a balcony.
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #483
DISNEYFOURME
Mouseketeer

Ok so we leave for our long anticipated trip in 2 more days but the posting of crowds there and rainy forecast is adding to my stress! My question is if the weather is low 60's do people still swim? Is pool heated? I know 60 degrees here near Chicago has people in shorts and flip flops but not sure what we will expect in CA? Thinking I should redo some of my packing!?! Hhheeeelllpppp!
DISNEYFOURME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #484
wbl2745
I've gone over to the Silly Symphony Swings to "spin dry."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYFOURME View Post
Ok so we leave for our long anticipated trip in 2 more days but the posting of crowds there and rainy forecast is adding to my stress! My question is if the weather is low 60's do people still swim? Is pool heated? I know 60 degrees here near Chicago has people in shorts and flip flops but not sure what we will expect in CA? Thinking I should redo some of my packing!?! Hhheeeelllpppp!
I wouldn't worry about whether "people swim" only about whether you'd like to swim. Agreeably, 60 is a little cool, but the pools are heated and there is a hot tub. My brother jumps in his hot tub in the middle of a snow storm here in Utah. You probably don't want to lay about on the lounges, but swimming might be OK.

We were at WDW in early December and there were huge crowds, totally unexpected. I think that Disney is learning how to draw crowds year-around, which makes sense for them. Just adjust your plans. Use Fast Passes to their fullest. Consider eating off hours. Get the World of Color Picnics so that you have better viewing of the show. Do off-the-beaten-track sort of things. Take a tour like the Cruisin' California Segway Tour, or the Art of the Grand Californian Tour.

You'll have a great time! VGC is fantastic!

DVC Member since February 24, 2010
wbl2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #485
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
It's supposed to rain on and off starting tonight through Tuesday.
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #486
DISNEYFOURME
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbl2745 View Post
I wouldn't worry about whether "people swim" only about whether you'd like to swim. Agreeably, 60 is a little cool, but the pools are heated and there is a hot tub. My brother jumps in his hot tub in the middle of a snow storm here in Utah. You probably don't want to lay about on the lounges, but swimming ok.
You'll have a great time! VGC is fantastic!
well thats the the whole thing keeping me calm is that the resort looks like its amazing and we are finally trying a one bedroom (instead of studio)! We will be there 8 nights (6 day park pass) so we can take it slow if crowds are too crazy. Swimming will be great to entertain my 2 girls (8 and 14) else I will have to listen to them whine about us not being at WDW as our usual spring break trip.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #487
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...we are finally trying a one bedroom (instead of studio)!
You will love the one bedroom (and the two bathrooms)
It will be hard to go back to a studio
I hope you get a great view

Quote:
...We will be there 8 nights (6 day park pass) so we can take it slow if crowds are too crazy.
It seems you might get some rain, but the crowds will be much smaller. Bring rain gear, and enjoy the short lines

Quote:
...Swimming will be great to entertain my 2 girls (8 and 14) else I will have to listen to them whine about us not being at WDW as our usual spring break trip.
I'm sure they will not miss waiting in bus lines, in fact they might whine about the buses during your next WDW trip
Old 03-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #488
DISNEYFOURME
Mouseketeer

Thanks NONSUCH! I totally agree (with all your points!) gotta go to bed..early flight tomorrow a.m.!! Soooooo excited!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #489
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
... we are finally trying a one bedroom (instead of studio)! We will be there 8 nights
That is so very, very cool! I am envious. How awesome for you. Enjoy it!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:04 AM   #490
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Room numbers from the outside

I have previously posted a floor by floor map of VGC, but thought it would be nice to show the villa numbers from the exterior

View from Pool:

View from Redwood Creek Challenge Trail:

View from Paradise Pier (Jumpin' Jellyfish):
Old 03-21-2011, 01:17 AM   #491
preedymtnwest
Mouseketeer

Wow, Nonsuch, I didn't see those pics before - that is awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #492
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Wow.that is great. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #493
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Very nice job Nonsuch... thanks for sharing.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #494
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by preedymtnwest View Post
Wow, Nonsuch, I didn't see those pics before - that is awesome! Thanks for sharing!
No one had seen those pictures before
I took the photos a few weeks ago, and added the room numbers yesterday
Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #495
preedymtnwest
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
No one had seen those pictures before
I took the photos a few weeks ago, and added the room numbers yesterday
Oops, my bad. I misread that you had posted them before but you said a floor plan, not the outside pics.

I especially like the color coding! Wish the member site had something similar for all the resorts, but then I'm sure those of us who stress about those things would drive them crazy requesting certain rooms!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: