DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #361
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbl2745 View Post
On the other hand, DLR doesn't have an Illuminations Cruise, a Hoop-Dee-Do Review, or a Candlelight Processional Dinner.
DL did have a Candlelight Processional dinner for a few years. I never did it, but read about a lot of fiascos with reservations, phone lines getting completely jammed, etc. Not sure whether or not they still attemp it or not. But they also only have CP on two nights over one weekend vs. the entire month of December., which would certainly add to the mess of trying to reserve something like that.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #362
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
DLR doesn't have the Brazilian tour groups, and sports and music groups that sometimes get out of hand (the only large tour group I saw was a Japanese tour group, and they were the most well behaved and considerate tour group I have ever encountered).
Then you had better not visit DL in the middle of June when there are middle school trips from area schools. Middle school students can be obnoxious and very rude. There have been a few times I have visited DL in June, and have seen groups of them climbing over railings, bushes or whatever is in their way to get their friends that are at the head of them. The best thing to do to head to Fantasyland. No middle school student would be caught dead in FL!

On the other hand, June is prom month, and I have often seen many high school girls dressed in a perfectly made Cinderella or other princess dresses with their handsome dates in tuxs. They are just so beautiful!

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.
funatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #363
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
DL did have a Candlelight Processional dinner for a few years. I never did it, but read about a lot of fiascos with reservations, phone lines getting completely jammed, etc. Not sure whether or not they still attemp it or not. But they also only have CP on two nights over one weekend vs. the entire month of December., which would certainly add to the mess of trying to reserve something like that.
No CP dinner at all in 2010 and only for D23 members in 2009. We booked the dinner in 2007 online after some major issues, but were not able to book it in 2008 after trying for about an hour online. Not sure what they did in 2009 (we gave up and went to WDW). -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #364
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
No CP dinner at all in 2010 and only for D23 members in 2009.
The D23 Candlelight event in 2009 included: buffet dinner, a small stage show "Minnie's Christmas Party", seating for Candlelight, dessert, and a panel discussion with cast members involved with presenting Candlelight. A great evening, $275 per person. We viewed the late performance on Sunday.

The problem is weather. Any premium event (D23 or dinner package) could easily be rained out. This year we waited through several hours of intermittent rain for the first Sunday Candlelight performance. The weather looked favorable enough to seat all the invited guests, only to have the show canceled when rain started again.
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #365
JaneSparrow
Mouseketeer

Hello. We will be staying at VGC 1BR on 2/14 to 2/17. This is our first DVC trip!
JaneSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #366
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

I was lucky enough to be a guest of lulubelle and her DD Saturday night in the 1-bdrm. villa they had--4508--overlooking PP. We were able to watch WoC--could actually see many of the projections as well as the fountains.

Both parks were pretty packed on Saturday. lulubelle and her DD said Friday night was empty--most rides were a walk-on and they were able to get pretty much last minute curb seats for the fireworks.

Don't know where all those people came from--especially since the SoCal passes were blocked out!

We had a great dinner at HOB (new favorite drink--Cucumber Collins) and Sunday morning we had a yummy relaxing breakfast at Steakhouse 55.

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #367
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

Toocherie, we were in a studio Saturday night. My hubby and my younger DD were able to check in at about 3pm. My older DD and I were at the Fairflex for the day and arrived at the GCH at 11pm that night. We were in room 6504. My DH sent me a photo of DD watching the same WOC show you mentioned while I was attending the Equine Affaire. I also got pics of the pins DD got while trading. I just love modern phones.

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.
funatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #368
wbl2745
I've gone over to the Silly Symphony Swings to "spin dry."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneSparrow View Post
Hello. We will be staying at VGC 1BR on 2/14 to 2/17. This is our first DVC trip!
Wow! We're going to be there from 2/15 to 2/17 in a 1BR too! This evening we just heard that some dear friends are going to be at DLR that same week, so we've invited them to stay with us. Hope the foldout bed is comfy. We both are getting sick of the cold and dreary weather.

DVC Member since February 24, 2010
wbl2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #369
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...Hope the foldout bed is comfy.
The murphy bed might be more comfortable for one of your guests.

Quote:
We both are getting sick of the cold and dreary weather.
Cooled down to 70 today
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #370
JaneSparrow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow! We're going to be there from 2/15 to 2/17 in a 1BR too! This evening we just heard that some dear friends are going to be at DLR that same week, so we've invited them to stay with us. Hope the foldout bed is comfy. We both are getting sick of the cold and dreary weather.
We will also have some guests staying with us on the 14th. We also need the warm weather, SO excited!
JaneSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #371
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
My B & SIL thought the fold out bed was very comfy...the Murphy bed is a bit small..my shortish BIL did fine, but did have to fold legs a bit to not hang over edge.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #372
SoCalKDG

DIS Veteran

Quote:
1BR from 2/13 to 2/18. Have fun everyone. Please note that rain is predicted for Thursday and Friday.

1/13 AV(AULANI VILLAS)
7/12 VGC
2/11 VGC
6/10 VGC
2/10 BLT
6/09 BWV
12/08 BWV
5/07 BCV
1/06 BWV
4/05 BWV
9/04 HIFS

SoCalKDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #373
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

I hope everyone enjoys their Valentine's Day trips to DLR. What a fun way to celebrate!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #374
Yukonjack
Closet DL Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKDG View Post
1BR from 2/13 to 2/18. Have fun everyone. Please note that rain is predicted for Thursday and Friday.
Nuts, hopefully the predications are off (given that it is near the end of the 10 day forecast). My wife and I are going to be in a studio from 2/16-2/19 and rain is predicted for each day!
Yukonjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #375
kmcrosby
Earning My Ears

Great CM Experience

Last week, I was in SoCal on business and flew my DW out to celebrate our 28th anniversary for the weekend. Unexpectedly my sister passed away from complications with breast cancer and had to return to DFW as soon as possible. However, with the Super Bowl and bad weather in Dallas last week, we could not get a flight back until early Saturday morning.

On Friday, we stayed at a hotel near DL so we could have dinner in DD and fly out early Saturday morning. Before dinner, we walked around the GCV. We talked to a CM at the check-in desk and asked if it would be possible to see one of the villas. We bought points before the GCV was finished and my DW had never seen a finished unit. We told her that we would understand if it was not possible. The hotel & villas were at capacity last weekend.

The CM stepped away to check with her manager and came back and told us a 1BD was available for us to see. If I remember correctly, the CM's name was Jai, and she seemed as excited as my DW that she could show it to us. The unit was absolutely beautiful. We love the Arts & Crafts style and detailing. We felt the warmth of "home" the moment we walked in, even though we only stayed maybe 5 minutes.

We thanked the CM and told her that she made our night. Considering the weekend was such a disaster, this CM's care, committment and compassion demonstrated the service and quality that we love about Disney. My DW and I felt like we received a little bit of pixie dust, and it was so desperately needed.

My DW said we need to spend all of our vacations at the GCV...I agree.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: