DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #271
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

I am here now. Weather yesterday was lovely, they are forecasting wind today. This batch of grandkids had never been before and are loving it. Son's family's room was ready by 11:00 am (hadn't been occupied night before.) Room 4509, pool view. Our room was ready at 4:30, 4510, PP view technically, but view is restricted by building jutting out on left side. Decent view of Mickey's Wheel of Death (which son's family rode and liked, although son did admit to being scared when swinging gondola swung out over water).
Love the studio villa. Some of us went up to the 6th floor viewing area and as reported projections are not visible, but music is piped in and visuals are still just great and impressive. There were probably no more than 20 people up there, but you really need that rail view to see up there as well as at the actual show.
Also, park closed at 8:00 with only one show scheduled, but WOC was going on after 10:00 pm so either testing or another show..
My bathtub issues continue! Every time I've been here, either at the villas or in regular hotel room, there is a bathtub issue. Either no plug at all, or the plug won't hold water. I forgot to check and naturally, when I go in for bath time, no plug. Call maintainence and one guy comes up..hmmm..goes out, comes back with another guy..hmmmm. They leave, come back and bring a rubber plug thing because they don't have the regular plug part thing they need, but will come back to fix. So, 1 hour, 2 techs and 3 visits. I don't get why they have such issues with tubs here. Still, very very minor gripe and really more puzzling than upsetting.
Crowds are low! walk on for the most part. Great visit time
Old 01-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #272
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Jack the pseudo-DVC member, just wanted folks to know I did secure my points and reservation for August 2011 today. I got a great deal for the weeks stay in a 1 bedroom again. I can not thank the gentleman with the points enough.

Thanks to all who contacted me.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #273
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
Jack the pseudo-DVC member, just wanted folks to know I did secure my points and reservation for August 2011 today. I got a great deal for the weeks stay in a 1 bedroom again. I can not thank the gentleman with the points enough.

Jack
Congratulations! So when are you going to just break down and buy?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #274
CrazyDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jack
Congrats... but seriously.... get your own!
CrazyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #275
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

I would love to get my own, I can even pay cash for the points but no one in the family is willing to pay maintenance after I croak, no one is willing to go to WDW since DVC is sold out. My kids are all college students from BA's to PhD programs.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #276
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Quote:

Jack
I'm glad it worked out! Enjoy that 1BR and your daughter's wedding!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #277
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would love to get my own, I can even pay cash for the points but no one in the family is willing to pay maintenance after I croak, no one is willing to go to WDW since DVC is sold out. My kids are all college students from BA's to PhD programs.

Jack
This is a very important factor. When we finally could afford DVC, we sat down with our 20 something DDs and explained that they would be responsible for the MFs unless my DH and I live to be over 100. There wasn't any hesitation in their combined YES they would pay the MFs. Now if they had said no, there wouldn't have been any DVC for us.

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #278
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
I am here now. Weather yesterday was lovely, they are forecasting wind today. This batch of grandkids had never been before and are loving it. Son's family's room was ready by 11:00 am (hadn't been occupied night before.) Room 4509, pool view. Our room was ready at 4:30, 4510, PP view technically, but view is restricted by building jutting out on left side. Decent view of Mickey's Wheel of Death (which son's family rode and liked, although son did admit to being scared when swinging gondola swung out over water).
Love the studio villa. Some of us went up to the 6th floor viewing area and as reported projections are not visible, but music is piped in and visuals are still just great and impressive. There were probably no more than 20 people up there, but you really need that rail view to see up there as well as at the actual show.
Also, park closed at 8:00 with only one show scheduled, but WOC was going on after 10:00 pm so either testing or another show..
My bathtub issues continue! Every time I've been here, either at the villas or in regular hotel room, there is a bathtub issue. Either no plug at all, or the plug won't hold water. I forgot to check and naturally, when I go in for bath time, no plug. Call maintainence and one guy comes up..hmmm..goes out, comes back with another guy..hmmmm. They leave, come back and bring a rubber plug thing because they don't have the regular plug part thing they need, but will come back to fix. So, 1 hour, 2 techs and 3 visits. I don't get why they have such issues with tubs here. Still, very very minor gripe and really more puzzling than upsetting.
Crowds are low! walk on for the most part. Great visit time
Sorry for the bathtub saga, but you are there, and it sounds like you are having a great time. That's so cool!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #279
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:

Jack
Very cool Jack! I'm glad you got what you wanted.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #280
wbl2745
I've gone over to the Silly Symphony Swings to "spin dry."

Quote:
DW and I have decided that at the point we can't or don't want to travel we'll sell our points for whatever we can get for them. Two of our daughters are teachers and one daughter is disabled. I don't expect them to be able to pay the MF. Our DVC ownership is for us, here and now.

DW and I are going to VGC in a couple of weeks. Really looking forward to the break from the snow!

DVC Member since February 24, 2010
wbl2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:17 AM   #281
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:

Jack
DH had no interest in Disney (he was into fishing) so when I purchased my DVC contracts, they were put in my name and DD24's name. She shares my love of Disney and since the contracts are all paid in full, she will only be responsible for MF's once I am gone. And she can sell anytime if the fees are not in her budget. I am glad I did it that way since DH passed away in September. All the other joint accounts have had to be transferred to my name only, but DVC is not affected.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:36 AM   #282
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

Congrats Jack, pseudo-neighbor. Happy that you were able to get the room you wanted.

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.
funatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #283
mikeandkarla
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how to get rack rate prices for the VGC? I can get rack rates for all WDW DVC resorts, just not VGC. I keep a running total of what the rack rates are in comparison to our DVC point cost. Thanks.

SSR , AKV, BWV___HOME SWEET HOME___
2014 VGF, RPR(Universal);2013OKW&BWV;2012 OKW,DCL,BLT,BWV; 2011 VGC,BWV; 2010 BWV&VB,AKV,RPR(Universal); 2009 POR,POP,VB&AKV; 2008 BCV&VB,AKV; 2007 SSR; 2006 ASMO; 2005 ASMU; 2001 ASSP.
mikeandkarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #284
nunzia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
DH had no interest in Disney (he was into fishing) so when I purchased my DVC contracts, they were put in my name and DD24's name. She shares my love of Disney and since the contracts are all paid in full, she will only be responsible for MF's once I am gone. And she can sell anytime if the fees are not in her budget. I am glad I did it that way since DH passed away in September. All the other joint accounts have had to be transferred to my name only, but DVC is not affected.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #285
nunzia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandkarla View Post
Does anyone know how to get rack rate prices for the VGC? I can get rack rates for all WDW DVC resorts, just not VGC. I keep a running total of what the rack rates are in comparison to our DVC point cost. Thanks.
If I recall, Jack had checked this out awhile back and the rack rate for a studio was $850 (before tax I assume) and a 1 BR was $1050...ridiculous, eh? but using those rates, think how fast my contracts will be at break even point

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: