DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #2326
wbl2745
I've gone over to the Silly Symphony Swings to "spin dry."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
The back gate does open with a room key. Several pool gates are marked "emergency exit", but it is OK to used them (unless there is an alarm warning).
Do you request in advance?
I always request the ground floor in advance. If we're not on the ground floor we're on the second floor, which doesn't really accomplish what I wanted. I've got a reservation for a studio during D23 in August, we'll see what we get.

BTW, I always make a note of the room number when I check-in. Since they give you the keys at check-in I've always been tempted to just go to the room at 4:00 PM even if I haven't received the text message.

DVC Member since February 24, 2010
wbl2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #2327
dcfromva

Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMom View Post
We stay park view often and it has never bothered us. It seems to add to the excitement of the theme park view. I'm sure what you experienced was isolated to Grad Nights. Try to remember back to when you were18 years old and were out later than ever and are celebrating a great accomplishment. It would be strange to tell a bunch of people that they can't scream as loud as they want on a roller coaster. Maybe check if it is Grad Night Season before your next stay and if it is, choose a pool view. Hopefully you were still able to enjoy the rest of your nights since Grad Night is usually Thursday & Friday nights only.
I stayed at VGC 14-22 June 2013 and I found it pretty noisy, too. I don't generally make any room requests (and I usually get pool view or ground floor ) I didn't make any requests this time either, so I was surprised to have a theme park view.... It was a really good view, but....
I don't think the screams were as bothersome as the running The World of Color at 2:30am--especially when the fire/explosions go off. It was impossible to sleep through.
I was wondering if the grad night schedule is published anywhere? I do like going in June because of the nice weather (compared to VA ) and favorable points values.
dcfromva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #2328
Breyean
OKW - 1993 & VCG - 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfromva View Post
I stayed at VGC 14-22 June 2013 and I found it pretty noisy, too. I don't generally make any room requests (and I usually get pool view or ground floor ) I didn't make any requests this time either, so I was surprised to have a theme park view.... It was a really good view, but....
I don't think the screams were as bothersome as the running The World of Color at 2:30am--especially when the fire/explosions go off. It was impossible to sleep through.
I was wondering if the grad night schedule is published anywhere? I do like going in June because of the nice weather (compared to VA ) and favorable points values.
Here's the schedule for next year...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/Ev...ad-nights.html
Old 07-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #2329
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Princess View Post
We haven't been to our west coast home in two years, and I've been feeling a bit homesick. We were supposed to go in February, but the PAP deals that were offered to us from WDW caused us to return there. We're hoping to make it out west in 2014.
I know the feeling. We haven't been in over a year, and that was only a short weekend trip to see Carsland so we haven't been to the VGC to relax since '11.
We won't get to go back there until Feb '14, and that's for another weekend trip. Unless my early December waitlist comes through (I'm running 4 of 'em but its looking doubtful, and I put them in around 9 months out), our next trip where we'll get to stay and relax at the VGC will be October '14 ... way too long, IMHO.

It was simply cheaper to go to WDW with that awesome PAP deal though, and we're trying to stick to a budget atm. Its a pity they don't run deals for DLR DVC'ers, but the parks are pretty packed with SoCal residents so I guess they don't need to. I hope that whenever they get around to building another West Coast DVC and therefore have more DVC West Coast members, they'll start running specials to get us into the parks & spending more.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #2330
5ofus
DIS Veteran

I'm getting to the end of this wonderful thread - currently on page 107! - but thought I'd pop in with a question or two.

How do they treat renters differently from DVC owners? Do we (as renters) get the free parking? Any other differences? We're only staying two days in a studio.

Secondly, and this may be answered in a page I haven't made it to yet, but do they allow you to 'check in' by phone? We're driving in from Las Vegas on our check in day so I can't see us arriving any earlier than 1 or 2pm. I've asked the owner I'm renting off to send through our room requests, but would like to have the best chance of one of the WOC view rooms (thanks Nonsuch for the fantastic lists and graphics of the rooms).

Oh and one more, one of my DVC owner friends was invited to pool hop to the DLH pools in February while staying at the VGC - is this something that is not normally offered? I think I remember reading that they don't allow it on the West Coast.

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #2331
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
How do they treat renters differently from DVC owners? Do we (as renters) get the free parking? Any other differences? We're only staying two days in a studio.

Secondly, and this may be answered in a page I haven't made it to yet, but do they allow you to 'check in' by phone? We're driving in from Las Vegas on our check in day so I can't see us arriving any earlier than 1 or 2pm. I've asked the owner I'm renting off to send through our room requests, but would like to have the best chance of one of the WOC view rooms (thanks Nonsuch for the fantastic lists and graphics of the rooms).

Oh and one more, one of my DVC owner friends was invited to pool hop to the DLH pools in February while staying at the VGC - is this something that is not normally offered? I think I remember reading that they don't allow it on the West Coast.
There is normally not pool hopping allowed at the DLR hotels. If one of the slides was broken, they sometimes send people over to hop as compensation.

They should not treat renters any differently, and as long as your reservation was input just right with MS, you should be fine ... the front desk doesn't know the difference between a renter, and say a family member/friend of an owner, its all the same to them. People staying on points reservations have parking included ... its not "free", because the maintenance fees on the points you rented include a line for parking, but you won't have to pay anything extra. Sort of like your public services aren't "free" you pay for them with your taxes, it just feels free.
I've never heard of anyone checking in by phone, and I haven't stayed in over a year but as far as I know there's still no online check in like there is in Florida.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #2332
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
There is normally not pool hopping allowed at the DLR hotels. If one of the slides was broken, they sometimes send people over to hop as compensation.

They should not treat renters any differently, and as long as your reservation was input just right with MS, you should be fine ... the front desk doesn't know the difference between a renter, and say a family member/friend of an owner, its all the same to them. People staying on points reservations have parking included ... its not "free", because the maintenance fees on the points you rented include a line for parking, but you won't have to pay anything extra. Sort of like your public services aren't "free" you pay for them with your taxes, it just feels free.
I've never heard of anyone checking in by phone, and I haven't stayed in over a year but as far as I know there's still no online check in like there is in Florida.
Thanks so much! I've finally finished reading every single post in this thread and now I'm even more excited about our stay - despite how brief it is.

I wish we could buy into DVC. I've stayed at OKW and the VWL and have loved both of them. Buying from Oz though creates more obstacles than the usual financial ones.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #2333
dcfromva

Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
Here's the schedule for next year...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/Ev...ad-nights.html
Thx for the link. That helps a lot.
dcfromva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #2334
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
...I've finally finished reading every single post in this thread and now I'm even more excited about our stay - despite how brief it is...
If you are bored, read the original thread
The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners Group
Old 07-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #2335
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
If you are bored, read the original thread
The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners Group
Hmmm, don't know about bored, more like relieved

Might pop over and read a bit of that if I do get bored though...

Old 07-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #2336
Bronte
DIS Veteran

We are DVC owners (BCV) and after many, many visits to the world we are thinking about going to the land for the first time !!!!
Will I be able to book 2 studios for a mid Sept. trip at the 7 month mark or will it be waitlist city for us ???

Thanks
Bronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #2337
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte View Post
We are DVC owners (BCV) and after many, many visits to the world we are thinking about going to the land for the first time !!!!
Will I be able to book 2 studios for a mid Sept. trip at the 7 month mark or will it be waitlist city for us ???

Thanks
I got a studio for the end of Sept last year at 7 months.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #2338
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte View Post

Thanks
Our studio rental was booked at the seven month mark. We got one night (Sept 11th) straight away and waitlisted for the 12th. That came through about a month later.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #2339
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

URL=http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/hgaus52539/media/photo-23_zpsb5ebd2a3.jpeg.html][/URL][/URL]

testing adding photos to my post
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #2340
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

[/IMG]

kareoke in the Grand Villa

testing still

Last edited by hjgaus; 07-12-2013 at 07:16 PM.
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: