DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #2311
XMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
Dont get me wrong, I like hearing the sound of the park and the scream and laughter from our room ..... during the day! But Not at 2 o'clock in the morning!!
This year was the first time they move the Grad Night after hour private party to DCA. I think they should do better with the planning of the event next year. May be close the Sky School roller coaster at mid night. Remember California Screaming has sream sheilds, GSS does not.

And the reason why they did not build the DVC wing at the first place was the same reason why did not build Cars Land or Tower Of Terror or Bug's Land....rtc. when they first open DCA.
They just released the information for Grad Night 2014 and it is planned to be the same. The kids will receive park hopper tickets then will continue the party over at DCA until 3am after DL closes. There will be 17 scheduled dates throughout May and June. They are typically Thursday and Friday nights so beware of any reservations you are planning. I don't particularly like to go to the resort at all on Grad Nights as many of the kids are loud, disrespectful and have foul language that my young ones don't need to learn.

Last edited by XMom; 06-26-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Left out something
XMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #2312
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
And the reason why they did not build the DVC wing at the first place was the same reason why did not build Cars Land or Tower Of Terror or Bug's Land....rtc. when they first open DCA.
What's the reason? What's the connection?

I'm missing something here.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 05:33 AM   #2313
TLPL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post

What's the reason? What's the connection?

I'm missing something here.
Budget constraint, market condition at the time, demand, all the basic financial considerations. You cannot build everything all at once. The land for the new wing was always there since yhe begiining , reserved for the expansion. You can go Google it, I did not made it up. I can't give you the exact reason because i am not the CEO of Disney. I am just a fan!!

-February: WDW/ DCL - Bay Lake Tower/ 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy/ Villas at Grand Floridian
-August: Vero Beach

-Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #2314
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

We haven't been to our west coast home in two years, and I've been feeling a bit homesick. We were supposed to go in February, but the PAP deals that were offered to us from WDW caused us to return there. We're hoping to make it out west in 2014.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #2315
maburke
DIS Veteran

Checking in tomorrow

I know you'll all think I'm nuts, but I'm hoping for a ground floor room. My DS is terrified of the upper floor beautiful views, so we're hoping for easy access to the pool and grill.

Haven't been to our west coast home in 2 years, so we're pretty excited! Last time, they were just testing Goofy's Sky School, but it wasn't open yet, so even if it's noisy, we're looking forward to that.

1972: Contemporary; 1991: Radisson; 1994: OKW; 2001: BC & Disney Wonder; 2002: BWI; 2003: BCV; 2004: OKW; 2005: BWV; 2006: HHI, GCH@DL; 2007: BWV, GCH@DL; 2008: BCV; 2009: AKV-Kidani/VB & THV; 2010: BLT/BCV; 2011: VGC; 2012:OKW; 2013: VGC; 2014: DLP
maburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #2316
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maburke View Post
I know you'll all think I'm nuts, but I'm hoping for a ground floor room. My DS is terrified of the upper floor beautiful views, so we're hoping for easy access to the pool and grill.
The ground floor HA villas (studio, 1 bedroom) are often available (or the last villas to be assigned). Several times, I have been offered a HA villa when the originally assigned villa was slow to be cleaned.

Good luck with your request and welcome home.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #2317
maburke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
The ground floor HA villas (studio, 1 bedroom) are often available (or the last villas to be assigned). Several times, I have been offered a HA villa when the originally assigned villa was slow to be cleaned.

Good luck with your request and welcome home.
Score! We got room 1505, which is a great location for us. Many, many thanks, Nonsuch, for your help: We checked in a 7am, and even though we had to wait until 4:30 for the room to be ready (and we never got the promised text ) I used your info on how to figure out our room number from the sign-in paperwork, and your map to see which room it was. So all day at the parks, at least I knew it was worth waiting for! And when we got it, it was sooo easy-access to the pool.

BTW, we are in a dedicated 2BR, so since the HA unit is not on the ground floor for these, I didn't think we'd get that.

1972: Contemporary; 1991: Radisson; 1994: OKW; 2001: BC & Disney Wonder; 2002: BWI; 2003: BCV; 2004: OKW; 2005: BWV; 2006: HHI, GCH@DL; 2007: BWV, GCH@DL; 2008: BCV; 2009: AKV-Kidani/VB & THV; 2010: BLT/BCV; 2011: VGC; 2012:OKW; 2013: VGC; 2014: DLP
maburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #2318
wbl2745
I've gone over to the Silly Symphony Swings to "spin dry."

I love the ground floor. You walk straight to your room without an elevator wait. You have a patio instead of a deck and can walk out the back door if you want. I've never checked to see whether you can get into the pool area through the gate accessible through the back. We always ask for the ground floor, but don't always get it.

DVC Member since February 24, 2010
wbl2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #2319
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Score! We got room 1505, which is a great location for us. Many, many thanks, Nonsuch, for your help: We checked in a 7am, and even though we had to wait until 4:30 for the room to be ready (and we never got the promised text ) I used your info on how to figure out our room number from the sign-in paperwork, and your map to see which room it was. So all day at the parks, at least I knew it was worth waiting for! And when we got it, it was sooo easy-access to the pool.

BTW, we are in a dedicated 2BR, so since the HA unit is not on the ground floor for these, I didn't think we'd get that.
Glad you got a great room!! How do you figure out your room number from the paperwork?
Old 06-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #2320
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
Glad you got a great room!! How do you figure out your room number from the paperwork?
Yeah, I would be interested to know this too!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #2321
czmom
DIS Veteran

Blender

Do the full kitchens have a blender in them? I am staying in a studio...but could I call Mousekeeping for a blender?

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #2322
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Yeah, I would be interested to know this too!
When you check in, even if your room isn't ready, it has been assigned to you.

They will give some paperwork to sign, like you won't smoke in the rooms, when check out is, and at the top (I believe) is the room number you are signing for.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #2323
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
Do the full kitchens have a blender in them? I am staying in a studio...but could I call Mousekeeping for a blender?
None of the villas have a blender, but are "available upon request"
Old 06-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #2324
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...Many, many thanks, Nonsuch, for your help: We checked in a 7am, and even though we had to wait until 4:30 for the room to be ready (and we never got the promised text ) I used your info on how to figure out our room number from the sign-in paperwork, and your map to see which room it was. So all day at the parks, at least I knew it was worth waiting for! And when we got it, it was sooo easy-access to the pool.
You are very welcome
I have also not received a text on several visits, but already knowing the assigned villa makes the wait much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbl2745 View Post
...I've never checked to see whether you can get into the pool area through the gate accessible through the back. We always ask for the ground floor, but don't always get it.
The back gate does open with a room key. Several pool gates are marked "emergency exit", but it is OK to used them (unless there is an alarm warning).
Do you request in advance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
They will give some paperwork to sign, like you won't smoke in the rooms, when check out is, and at the top (I believe) is the room number you are signing for.
I learned about this on this board, but was initially very skeptical. The room (both hotel and villa) number has always been printed on the form, and I often check in before 7AM for EMH
Old 06-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #2325
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
I learned about this on this board, but was initially very skeptical. The room (both hotel and villa) number has always been printed on the form, and I often check in before 7AM for EMH
Last December our son, who lives in Ca, got to the VGC before us and checked us in around 6am. He had my list (based on your postings) of the room requests I had made when I made the reservation, and he mentioned it to the CM at the desk.

She said she couldn't tell him the room we were assigned, but all the while she was pointing to the room number right there on the check in slip as he was signing it.

So they may not be able to actually TELL you, but it's there to see for yourself, I guess.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: