DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 04:41 AM   #211
Longhairbear
DIS Veteran

Did anyone watch this fireworks/fountains show at DCA from their villa balcony on NYE?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWKSLCGzGUI

Last edited by Longhairbear; 01-03-2011 at 05:16 AM.
Longhairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 AM   #212
mikeandkarla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhairbear View Post
Did anyone watch this fireworks/fountains show at DCA from their villa balcony on NYE?
That was awesome!! Liked the way they synced woc with the fireworks.

SSR , AKV, BWV___HOME SWEET HOME___
2014 VGF, RPR(Universal);2013OKW&BWV;2012 OKW,DCL,BLT,BWV; 2011 VGC,BWV; 2010 BWV&VB,AKV,RPR(Universal); 2009 POR,POP,VB&AKV; 2008 BCV&VB,AKV; 2007 SSR; 2006 ASMO; 2005 ASMU; 2001 ASSP.
mikeandkarla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #213
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

Thank you for sharing, Longhairbear. That was an incredibly special show. They really did it up on NYE. That was the first time I have seen fireworks at DCA. Do they do that every year?

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.

funatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #214
marts35
Mouseketeer

Thanks Longhairbear for the link to the Fireworks at WOC. What a nice surprise for all those there. It was fun to watch!
Then of course, I had to watch the ones from Disneyland, and a few others, and share it with DH It was great fun to extend the holiday a little more and look forward to our next visit, too!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #215
JimmyJam838
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
No, they don't do this. I read elsewhere on the Disneyland board that there is no similar service at Disneyland as there is at WDW for resort transfer. You have to check out of your DL resort and move the luggage yourself to the next resort. They will hold it in storage for you until you can check into your room.

We were going to do a VGC /DLH split stay at the end of this month and changed to VCE/GCH stay instead to avoid having to haul our luggage from one end of Disney to the other.
Thanks, maybe it would be a good idea to pack an overnight bag for that one night and leave the rest in the car or storage.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #216
Longhairbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatdisney View Post
Thank you for sharing, Longhairbear. That was an incredibly special show. They really did it up on NYE. That was the first time I have seen fireworks at DCA. Do they do that every year?
I think that was the first time. The WOC show can be changed very quickly, adding new effects etc.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #217
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

I have always thought that the WOC can be easily changed to fit any occasion. They did a great job with working in the fireworks with the WOC. I see a great potential with the WOC in future shows.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #218
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Are they still doing the Tron bit at the end of WOC? We thought it was very well done and cool.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:34 AM   #219
Longhairbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Are they still doing the Tron bit at the end of WOC? We thought it was very well done and cool.
I haven't heard if they are still doing Tron or not. With the flexibilities of WOC changing for any event quickly, the viewing deck at VGC might be better than we have all thought. The NYE fireworks at DCA/WOC must have been a blast to see from the VGC viewing deck, or even the villa balconies facing DCA.
We are hearing that private parties (corporate companies) renting DCA for an evening can have WOC customized to anything. That would be fun to see from the balconies, or viewing deck.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #220
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
I can't say about this week, but last week they certainly were. Saw it on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday evening...

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #221
funatdisney

After a lot thinking, planning and asking the family when they want to go to DLR, I finally have my vacations dates set for 2011. I am planning on four visits to the VGC 2011, all planned for second half of the year. I was able to get two of the four visits booked today.

I was able to book a three day visit for July 1st to the 3rd in a studio. A get-away for DH and me, which was originally booked for next month. Darn volleyball tourneys and the Equine Affaire got in the way (both on the same weekend). Lucky for me there was a cancellation and I was able to book this one. Studios are hard to get five months out! And...

a studio for one night, August 5. Celebrating DD's 16th birthday. She wants to close out the park with her girlfriend. I just couldn't stay up that late, so just had to get a room! No problem with this booking.

Two more to go: one four day visit in Oct. and one four day visit in December. I originally thought I bought too many points. I guess I was wrong about that.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #222
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhairbear View Post
The video makes me want to spend next NYE at DCA.

Looking at the points charts:
Dec 31 and Jan 1 are in Premier Season, which makes sense. This year Jan 2 drops to Adventure Season, requiring half the points. In 2012, Adventure Season does not start until Jan 8.
Shifting my usual early Dec trip to NYE will use up lots of points
Nonsuch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #223
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
The video makes me want to spend next NYE at DCA.

Looking at the points charts:
Dec 31 and Jan 1 are in Premier Season, which makes sense. This year Jan 2 drops to Adventure Season, requiring half the points. In 2012, Adventure Season does not start until Jan 8.
Shifting my usual early Dec trip to NYE will use up lots of points
2012 is one of those years when January 1 falls on a Sunday. At aminimum, that means that the Rose parade won't be held until January 2, so most local schools will be out all week. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #224
marts35
Mouseketeer

Grand Californian Owners and Lovers

Sometimes, I read threads in the DVC section which often end up being mostly about Disneyworld or the Disneyland section which can be interesting..... but I ALWAYS end up back here to see what's going on at our place.
I hope everyone enjoys 2011 trip planning and visits to VGCA.
Happy New Year!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #225
ChiSoxKeith
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to check out Grand Californian. Our 7 month window opens up in about 5 weeks and we can't wait to see DLR. Mind you we're only stopping by for a couple of nights on our way out to Aulani, but it will be a great way to start our trip.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we won't have a problem booking a room at Grand Califorian in September (after Labor Day).

Speaking of which....I assume there are shuttle services that run between LAX and Grand Californian. Anybody have any recommendations? Anyone want to give me something we (me, DW, DD5) won't want to miss (other than the obvious WOC).
You would think the 60+ minutes I put into running the weekly photo contests would allow me to put a link in my signature letting people know about the Disney related iPhone projects I work on. You would be wrong.
ChiSoxKeith is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: