DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #2176
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpster View Post
Thanks! We'll be staying in a studio and will probably do at least one load. I've read that we can get tokens from the front desk. Should we plan on bringing our own HE soap?

Also, how do trash bags in unit work? Do we need to bring some? And toilet paper?

It's our first stay as owners.

Thanks!
I don't know if these machines are HE or just regular?! I have read some posts where people recommend using those new Tide Pod things 'cuz they apparently work in either?! I just got a new HE washer but haven't tried the pods (yet). I may tho before we go so I can decide if I want to bring 2 or 3 for our trip to DL & Aulani this summer.

DVC units always include a supply of travel size toiletries in the bathroom along with TP, tissues, paper towels, 1 reg. cloth dishtowel, a small kitchen sponge and a tiny bottle of Palmolive (sometimes I think it's been watered down tho). I don't recall if there are extra trash bags maybe stored in the bottom of the trash cans maybe. We've always managed to be OK using the existing trash cans (and maybe a spare shopping bag from some of our purchases). They come in on Day #4 and empty the trash & supply new towels so we've never had a problem going that long. I know at WDW there are also recycling cans so that cuts down on the amount of actual trash too. I am assuming DL will offer recycling as well.

But stay tuned….2nd trip report coming soon for Disneyland and Aulani 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #2177
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderpamela View Post
That might be part of it... we checked in at 6:30 am and got one of our top choices, so I would guess that your theory might be right.
I've never checked in before 1PM and have gotten requests met, although not always. One single time I was told that they had people who had checked in early begging to be switched to the room I was assigned but since I had booked before them they didn't switch it. This was a CM that has been there for awhile and I'd guess it varies between who you get. Still, very nice I thought and something I wish would occur across all DVC.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #2178
Chereya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
I don't know if these machines are HE or just regular?! I have read some posts where people recommend using those new Tide Pod things 'cuz they apparently work in either?! I just got a new HE washer but haven't tried the pods (yet). I may tho before we go so I can decide if I want to bring 2 or 3 for our trip to DL & Aulani this summer.

DVC units always include a supply of travel size toiletries in the bathroom along with TP, tissues, paper towels, 1 reg. cloth dishtowel, a small kitchen sponge and a tiny bottle of Palmolive (sometimes I think it's been watered down tho). I don't recall if there are extra trash bags maybe stored in the bottom of the trash cans maybe. We've always managed to be OK using the existing trash cans (and maybe a spare shopping bag from some of our purchases). They come in on Day #4 and empty the trash & supply new towels so we've never had a problem going that long. I know at WDW there are also recycling cans so that cuts down on the amount of actual trash too. I am assuming DL will offer recycling as well.
I use the All packs for laundry - they're kind of like a dishwashing tablet. So convenient, especially for travel! I'm just going to pack mine in a hard sided disposable plastic lunch container.

I remember someone mentioning that they like to bring their own TP. Is the regular TP kind of thin and junky?

Does check in day count as Day #1 when I count to expect T&T service? We're checking in on a Sunday so should I expect Mousekeeping on Wednesday? If I bring my own large size trash bags, should I unload them all and leave them by the door? How much do others normally tip for a 2br villa?

I'm leaving for my trip in exactly a week!!! Still trying to tie up my packing - ACK! Having 8 people in the 2br villa and trying to make sure I remember everything I might need is driving me a little
Old 04-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #2179
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
I've never checked in before 1PM and have gotten requests met, although not always. One single time I was told that they had people who had checked in early begging to be switched to the room I was assigned but since I had booked before them they didn't switch it.
This implies that a guest checking in earlier and also having an earlier reservation could "steal" a room assignment from a guest checking in later
Old 04-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #2180
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chereya View Post
...If I bring my own large size trash bags, should I unload them all and leave them by the door?
You do not need to gather the trash for housekeeping, but if you have excess trash there is a "trash room" on the first floor
Quote:
...How much do others normally tip for a 2br villa?
I would leave $10 on T&T, and $10 on checkout. $20 if I was feeling extra magical
Old 04-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #2181
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

When we stayed at the Aulani my husband dumped the trash in the trash room daily, and said there were bags stored in the room. Not a problem at all.

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #2182
Chereya
DIS Veteran

Someone at some point earlier mentioned bringing larger sized plastic cups because the villa cups were small glasses. What about the coffee cups? Are they normal sized or do I need to bring my own coffee mugs?

How about things like salt & pepper shakers?

Trying to be as thorough as I can... my in-laws are coming with us and my FIL is a fuss budget.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #2183
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpster

What day of the week did you check in?
Sunday

I asked about changing rooms, and I did get a better room. Still not one of the ones in my list though.
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #2184
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Sorry if this question has already been answered before, I just could not find the answer to my question. We are DVC members staying on points at VGC in June and are contemplating renting a car. I thought I had read somewhere that DVC members can park their car across the street in the non valet parking lot for free. I was wondering if this is still true. Also, we will be staying at DLH the night before we check into VGC and I was wondering if we parked our car in the same parking lot (for when we are staying at VGC) will we have to then pay for the parking during that part of our stay or will it still be free. I am not trying to cheat the system by any means and if we have to pay for parking for the first night, we will. I am just trying to figure out our options. Thank you for any information regarding this.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #2185
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
This implies that a guest checking in earlier and also having an earlier reservation could "steal" a room assignment from a guest checking in later
Yes, it does, doesn't it!?!?!

Quote:
Someone at some point earlier mentioned bringing larger sized plastic cups because the villa cups were small glasses. What about the coffee cups? Are they normal sized or do I need to bring my own coffee mugs?

How about things like salt & pepper shakers?

Trying to be as thorough as I can... my in-laws are coming with us and my FIL is a fuss budget.

The coffee cups are small by most peoples standards. Probably 8-10 oz. I have no problem using them myself. I just refill and my coffee is always hot in the cup.

DVC doesn't provide salt & pepper in the rooms so you need to bring it or could grab a couple extra packets from one of the CS locations if you stop to eat at one. They may sell the shaker packs at Whitewater snacks but I'm not certain if they do or not.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #2186
Mousequake
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
Sorry if this question has already been answered before, I just could not find the answer to my question. We are DVC members staying on points at VGC in June and are contemplating renting a car. I thought I had read somewhere that DVC members can park their car across the street in the non valet parking lot for free. I was wondering if this is still true. Also, we will be staying at DLH the night before we check into VGC and I was wondering if we parked our car in the same parking lot (for when we are staying at VGC) will we have to then pay for the parking during that part of our stay or will it still be free. I am not trying to cheat the system by any means and if we have to pay for parking for the first night, we will. I am just trying to figure out our options. Thank you for any information regarding this.
Not sure about the second part of your question, but parking in the self-park lot across the street is definitely still free for those staying at DVC.
Mousequake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #2187
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
Thanks!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #2188
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousequake View Post
Not sure about the second part of your question, but parking in the self-park lot across the street is definitely still free for those staying at DVC.
Thank you for the quick response. Would I just have to show our DVC membership card in order to get the free parking or is that something that will be taken care of at check-in?
Old 04-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #2189
XMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
Thank you for the quick response. Would I just have to show our DVC membership card in order to get the free parking or is that something that will be taken care of at check-in?
It is taken care of at check-in. They give you something to put in your window and also activate your room key to open the exit gate when leaving so you don't have to pay.

You can try to park in the same lot the first night. They will just add parking to your bill I believe. You can also always take the magical express bus if you are flying in. There is an Alamo rental office behind Earl of Sandwhich in Downtown Disney. That way you could just get the car for the days you are going to actually use it instead of having it sit in the lot.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #2190
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=KAT4DISNEY;48023131]Yes, it does, doesn't it!?!?!

The coffee cups are small by most peoples standards. Probably 8-10 oz. I have no problem using them myself. I just refill and my coffee is always hot in the cup.

DVC doesn't provide salt & pepper in the rooms so you need to bring it or could grab a couple extra packets from one of the CS locations if you stop to eat at one. They may sell the shaker packs at Whitewater snacks but I'm not certain if they do or not.[/QUOTE]

No... & Yes about the salt /pepper shakers - We stayed at the grand villa 3 times but the last time there wasn't any so we called up & they brought it to us! They were small like the ones you get for room service.
Our times in the 1 or 2 bedroom villas had none but they DO SELL them at the White Water Snacks! Bought 1 set last August & still using them!
YES... DO BRING your own larger plastic cups! We brought SOLO plastic cups & worked out great instead of their glass ware!
Also if you have cream or sugar with your coffee bring your own or get extras from wherever you dine at. They only give you a few kits which did not have enough for more than 1 cup per person per day. They sometimes would call me to see if we needed anything (paper towels, dish towels & toilet paper) and bring what I needed within 15/20 minutes during our last stay just this week! At least that made up for NOT giving us our room request! Well, just a wee bit!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: