DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #2161
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
...I was wondering if the Villa's had a separate laundry area or if there was just one. (I know the studio's are the only one's that don't have washer/dryeres in the rooms) I'm not sure if I will do laundry while I'm there, but it's good to know.
My post showing the two laundry rooms
Old 04-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #2162
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
Links to the VGC floorplan are in my signature
It's not too late to make a request. The highest priority seems to go to the earliest reservations, but making a request in advance is certainly better than requesting a view while checking in.

These are all the 1 bedroom villas that face Paradise Pier and WOC. The second floor rooms will have a rather limited view.
Just clarifying if I can....earliest reservations or earliest requests?? When I initially made our reservation I simply asked for a WOC view if possible. Then later (just 2 or 3 weeks ago) after reading here that you could request specific rooms I sent an email to request specific villa numbers. I of course made the reservation promptly at 7 months....So do you think they will they look at the date I made the reservation with just "a WOC view" or the date I sent the email with the villa numbers?

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #2163
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

This is a WONDERFUL thread, thank you SO much for helping me get ready for our 1st DL visit (and stay at GCV) this August! I have a question, though- when you all request a certain number villa, where do you email that to? What's the address? Thanks-

Ellen
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #2164
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
This is a WONDERFUL thread, thank you SO much for helping me get ready for our 1st DL visit (and stay at GCV) this August! I have a question, though- when you all request a certain number villa, where do you email that to? What's the address? Thanks-

Ellen
I called the hotel directly, not knowing who I should have talked to, and the CM was very helpful, even telling me he knew a better room than the one I was asking for, and was able to tell me if anyone had requested certain rooms yet. We got the room he suggested!

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #2165
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
I called the hotel directly, not knowing who I should have talked to, and the CM was very helpful, even telling me he knew a better room than the one I was asking for, and was able to tell me if anyone had requested certain rooms yet. We got the room he suggested!

Thank you!!! I will call them later today when CA wakes up!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #2166
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
Just clarifying if I can....earliest reservations or earliest requests?? When I initially made our reservation I simply asked for a WOC view if possible. Then later (just 2 or 3 weeks ago) after reading here that you could request specific rooms I sent an email to request specific villa numbers. I of course made the reservation promptly at 7 months....So do you think they will they look at the date I made the reservation with just "a WOC view" or the date I sent the email with the villa numbers?
I think Nonsuch means the earliest reservation, so if you booked right at 7 months you should be up pretty high on the queue.

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #2167
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderpamela View Post
I think Nonsuch means the earliest reservation...
Based on various posts in this thread, earlier reservations receive some priority for villa assignment.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #2168
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Hi all - the information here has been amazing!

I put in a room request right when we booked at 7 months so hopefully we will get lucky. But even if we don't it will be an awesome trip!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #2169
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Based on various posts in this thread, earlier reservations receive some priority for villa assignment.
Hello everyone! Back from our LAST 3 nights @ VGC - at least until 2015! Once again this tip DID NOT work for us . We were assigned room #4518 (only one floor above where we stayed back in August which was #5518) Funny how back when I made this ressie the 1st of 3 reservations that it was my LAST of three (ressie back in Jan.) was the ONLY one honored. Not sure but maybe because we didn't check in earlier than 5pm on Saturday thus EVERYONE else checking in earlier than that got their requests honored on spot as they checked in? Oh well! All we CAN do is just keep trying to put room # requests EVERYTIME! Still we had an AWESOME time!! Some friends stop by for a visit so we took them to the 6th floor observation deck for WOC (our 1st time there also) then as soon as we returned to our room the DL fireworks show was on which was very nice - just turn your head left from our balcony to see !! We also decide to use the BBQ for steak & kabobs!! Some strange & interesting comments while holding the platter of steaks while in the elevator but who cares!! We spent more time in our villa than in the park but so well worth our time cuz our last visit was 1 night & we did not really enjoy the room then! We also chose NOT to invite anyone to stay with us so my boys got to stretch out in their OWN room for a change! Our LAST time to use our DL AP's is coming up shortly & we shall MISS being in our own backyard for awhile but at least I will have the disboards to keep me in the DLR spirit until 2015!!! Hope everyone planning for the VGC has a GREAT time as we did!! NOW looking forward to WDW & BCV this coming Christmas!!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #2170
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
Not sure but maybe because we didn't check in earlier than 5pm on Saturday thus EVERYONE else checking in earlier than that got their requests honored on spot as they checked in?
That might be part of it... we checked in at 6:30 am and got one of our top choices, so I would guess that your theory might be right.

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #2171
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Oh man we are flying in so probably won't be there early... :/
Old 04-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #2172
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

I made our recent stays reservation 11 months out, made specific room requests, checked in at 7 am, and didn't have a room anywhere close to what we requested. So my experience was that the earlier made reservation didn't get any kind of priority.
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #2173
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderpamela View Post
I think Nonsuch means the earliest reservation, so if you booked right at 7 months you should be up pretty high on the queue.
Quote:
But not as early as VGC owners who booked at like 10 or 11 months out.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #2174
cpster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks! We'll be staying in a studio and will probably do at least one load. I've read that we can get tokens from the front desk. Should we plan on bringing our own HE soap?

Also, how do trash bags in unit work? Do we need to bring some? And toilet paper?

It's our first stay as owners.

Thanks!
cpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #2175
cpster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71 View Post
I made our recent stays reservation 11 months out, made specific room requests, checked in at 7 am, and didn't have a room anywhere close to what we requested. So my experience was that the earlier made reservation didn't get any kind of priority.
What day of the week did you check in?
cpster is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: