DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #2131
floribr1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseflyfisher View Post
Looks like mixed results. Here is a thread on the Disneyland board that may be of some help:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ding+extra+day
Well, this is very interesting...

Thanks for posting this link. I will just add this to the ever-growing list of how a trip to DL is a completely different animal from a trip to WDW!
floribr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #2132
Chereya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaG View Post
Others have reported being able to do this at Guest Services. The 5 day max was implemented to stop ticket renters. However others have reported being told No. I'd check in with guest services or your concierge and ask, not a ticket booth.
Thanks, BeccaG This is more what I had in mind - talking to someone who had a larger interest in making my overall stay at the VGH better as opposed to someone who automatically gives the standard "not possible" answer. I tried searching for a specific phone number for the Concierge desk at GCH but didn't turn anything up. I think I found the main number for GCH (714) 635-2300, I could try calling there and pre-asking to see how amenable they would be to the idea. I don't expect to be able to do anything concrete with the tix until I'm physically there.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #2133
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Hi guys!

I'm not a VGC owner but I just wanted to say that I LOVE your resort (we own at AKV & Aulani, so similar styling). We did a Storyteller's character brunch the other day, walked around the resort to do pin trading, then peeked in the pool area, and peeked at the hallway where VGC connects to DCA (so jealous...) Everything looks wonderful and the vibe is so laid back!

The only thing is---there is a bald headed man (super tall) concierge/guest services guy (at the standalone guest services desk) that wasn't terribly friendly. He gave us a weird preamble before we started trading pins. Other than that, we're now convinced to give VGC a try even though we're locals. Loved the live piano music in the lobby and the little rocking chairs for the kids. My DD, 11 months, loved it. The look on her little face was priceless.

I had only been to VGC a few times before to dine at Napa Rose & Storytellers, but this past weekend we really took our time at the resort (sort of like we would at WDW when visiting VWL for the Christmas ambiance or the Poly for Dole Whips). VGC is such a great place!

My poor DD (age 3) kept asking me if we were "going up to the hotel room" as we were leaving I'm like, no honey, we live 15 minutes from here.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #2134
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Hi guys!

I'm not a VGC owner but I just wanted to say that I LOVE your resort (we own at AKV & Aulani, so similar styling). We did a Storyteller's character brunch the other day, walked around the resort to do pin trading, then peeked in the pool area, and peeked at the hallway where VGC connects to DCA (so jealous...) Everything looks wonderful and the vibe is so laid back!

The only thing is---there is a bald headed man (super tall) concierge/guest services guy (at the standalone guest services desk) that wasn't terribly friendly. He gave us a weird preamble before we started trading pins. Other than that, we're now convinced to give VGC a try even though we're locals. Loved the live piano music in the lobby and the little rocking chairs for the kids. My DD, 11 months, loved it. The look on her little face was priceless.

I had only been to VGC a few times before to dine at Napa Rose & Storytellers, but this past weekend we really took our time at the resort (sort of like we would at WDW when visiting VWL for the Christmas ambiance or the Poly for Dole Whips). VGC is such a great place!

My poor DD (age 3) kept asking me if we were "going up to the hotel room" as we were leaving I'm like, no honey, we live 15 minutes from here.
Hello neighbor! We are locals (20 minutes away-no traffic) and own here @ VGC as well as BCV!! Buying local was the BEST decision we ever made!
We've been able to use our AP's along with quite a few reservations here!!
We LOVE the freedom to do weekend or overnight staycations when the parks seem to get crowded! The Grand Villa has been the most FUN to stay in that I'm considering having either a Thanksgiving dinner with family or just a nice dinner party with friends one day!! I'm sure you'll love staying @ VGC eventhough you live close cuz at least you don't need to pay for a flight to stay in a Disney bubble!!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #2135
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

We're an east coast family that hopes to visit CA next April, and stay part of our trip at VGC. We would have to book at 7 months, as AKV and BLT are our home resorts. Will the week of April 15, 2014 be a super crowded week? Would probably book a studio. If it isnt likely to be available at 7 months, is it possible to find someone who would want us to book them our home resorts at 11 months, and they could reserve VGC for us at 11 months??
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #2136
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtimect View Post
We're an east coast family that hopes to visit CA next April, and stay part of our trip at VGC. We would have to book at 7 months, as AKV and BLT are our home resorts. Will the week of April 15, 2014 be a super crowded week? Would probably book a studio. If it isnt likely to be available at 7 months, is it possible to find someone who would want us to book them our home resorts at 11 months, and they could reserve VGC for us at 11 months??
I live in PA and my "home" resorts are OKW & BWVs and I was able to book a 2br at VGC for this Apr. (13-19). I was on the line at 8am at the 7 mo. window and didn't have a problem. Even called back a few days later and added a day. Keep in mind that Easter is in the latter part of April next year so that could affect your chances, too. Good luck! I am so anxious to visit Walt's original.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #2137
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers

I live in PA and my "home" resorts are OKW & BWVs and I was able to book a 2br at VGC for this Apr. (13-19). I was on the line at 8am at the 7 mo. window and didn't have a problem. Even called back a few days later and added a day. Keep in mind that Easter is in the latter part of April next year so that could affect your chances, too. Good luck! I am so anxious to visit Walt's original.
Crud, Easter and Good Friday will fall during next year's spring break. Maybe we'll have to go the 2nd week of June instead. Would that be hard to book too?.
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #2138
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
Hello neighbor! We are locals (20 minutes away-no traffic) and own here @ VGC as well as BCV!! Buying local was the BEST decision we ever made!
We've been able to use our AP's along with quite a few reservations here!!
We LOVE the freedom to do weekend or overnight staycations when the parks seem to get crowded! The Grand Villa has been the most FUN to stay in that I'm considering having either a Thanksgiving dinner with family or just a nice dinner party with friends one day!! I'm sure you'll love staying @ VGC eventhough you live close cuz at least you don't need to pay for a flight to stay in a Disney bubble!!
Hi there

With traffic and parking (ugh!), that 15-20 minutes turns into an hour, don't you think? Not that I'm ungrateful for living so close...but I remember the days (in high school) where I'd drive right up to the gates and park at Daisy (or was it Donald) and walk 5 minutes to the entrance...

Grand Villa?!! You guys are awesome. I don't know that I could splurge w/points for a GV since we live so close. We have out-of-town relatives that visit all the time. Some of them we don't *want* staying at our house I was joking w/my brother about joining together to buy VGC points so we can put our relatives in a studio. But then I realized that I'd use up all the points myself, hehe. A Staycation would be awesome!

For Thanksgiving, we actually had our morning brunch at Storyteller's. It was awesome That's actually the trip that made us decide to explore VGC a little more. LOVE the vibe there. We ended up going back to Napa Rose for Christmas and it was super fun. I think your idea of hosting holiday parties at VGC for friends is wonderful. I might have to steal your idea. Have a great time!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #2139
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtimect View Post
We actually check in tomorrow (so right at Easter), we had no problem booking a 2 bedroom right at 7 months (our home resorts arr blt and akv), i figured it was due to the high point requirements at spring break.

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #2140
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
Thanks for the info too. We're owners at AKL and were toying w/ a trip out to DL in a few years but I was worried about even having a snowball's chance. I've been lucky to get villas at BCVs during food and wine at the 7mo. window, so I'll just cross my fingers that that kind of luck holds for GCV.

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #2141
DonnaL
DIS Veteran

Checkers......just wanted to wish you a great trip in a few weeks. You're going to love DL! We're WDW veterans and just had our first trip "west" to VGC this past January. You will absolutely love VGC......we had a 1 bdrm lockoff on 3rd floor directly above Paradise Pier.....it was awesome. We just loved, loved, loved the fact that we could be just about anywhere in either park and get back to our room within about 10 minutes time. An example.....we did World of Color one night....in a great viewing area (we could also see it from our room and balcony....but, not full front view so wanted to get right in front at the park) and we were back in our room within 10 minutes of WOC ending! Amazing....can't do that ANYWHERE at WDW. We also booked at the 7 month window with no issues.....we own at VWL and SSR....and looking forward to our next trip west probably either January 2015 or possibly May 2015. Be prepared for many similarities and many differences......that's the best way I can describe.....don't know if you eat out every meal or order groceries, however, we ordered groceries from Von's and had great service. Check out their website....I believe they have a coupon code for free delivery on your first order. They will deliver to Bell Services for you if there is no alcohol in the order, however, if you order any alcohol you will need to be there to receive the groceries. One last thing......make sure you get to Radiator Springs Racers first thing in the morning on an early entry day.....it's awesome, but, you will wait in line ....even on early entry days...it's a piece of cake to get there first......just walk out the back door of your hotel and a short stroll thru California Adventure!!!
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:18 AM   #2142
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaL View Post
Checkers......just wanted to wish you a great trip in a few weeks. You're going to love DL! We're WDW veterans and just had our first trip "west" to VGC this past January. You will absolutely love VGC......we had a 1 bdrm lockoff on 3rd floor directly above Paradise Pier.....it was awesome. We just loved, loved, loved the fact that we could be just about anywhere in either park and get back to our room within about 10 minutes time. An example.....we did World of Color one night....in a great viewing area (we could also see it from our room and balcony....but, not full front view so wanted to get right in front at the park) and we were back in our room within 10 minutes of WOC ending! Amazing....can't do that ANYWHERE at WDW. We also booked at the 7 month window with no issues.....we own at VWL and SSR....and looking forward to our next trip west probably either January 2015 or possibly May 2015. Be prepared for many similarities and many differences......that's the best way I can describe.....don't know if you eat out every meal or order groceries, however, we ordered groceries from Von's and had great service.
Check out their website....I believe they have a coupon code for free delivery on your first order. They will deliver to Bell Services for you if there is no alcohol in the order, however, if you order any alcohol you will need to be there to receive the groceries. One last thing......make sure you get to Radiator Springs Racers first thing in the morning on an early entry day.....it's awesome, but, you will wait in line ....even on early entry days...it's a piece of cake to get there first......just walk out the back door of your hotel and a short stroll thru California Adventure!!!
Thanks, Donna! I have signed up for a grocery order from Von's but didn't know about alcohol delivery. Shouldn't be a problem as I will be arriving around noon. Thanks for all the info. I'm hoping to get a room that gives us a good view of WOC (thanks nosuch & hydroguy for room info). Must start packing and keeping my fingers crossed that the good weather they are having now continues!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Old 03-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #2143
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say we checked in yesterday, the room request list definitely worked! We got 4500, third on our list for 2 bedrooms, and the WOC view is unbelievable! Thanks for all the advice nonsuch!!!!!!!

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:50 PM   #2144
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
Just wanted to say we checked in yesterday, the room request list definitely worked! We got 4500, third on our list for 2 bedrooms, and the WOC view is unbelievable! Thanks for all the advice nonsuch!!!!!!!
That's great! We will be arriving in 2 wks. (2br) and that room was third on my list, too. Really want a WOC view so keeping my fingers crossed we will have the same luck. Have a great time and check in from time to time giving us weather/crowd updates (but only if you have time)!

Btw, what time did you check in and was your room ready? Thanks for thinking of us.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #2145
runmommyrun
Mouseketeer

We are 60 days out from our GCV and Aulani trip! Cannot wait to try both! I apologize as I'm sure this info is somewhere in this thread... I noticed a few of the more recent posts have mentioned a WOC view. Is there a chart or list somewhere that would show 1BR room numbers that would have a possible WOC view? I haven't made any room requests, so I may be too late. But thought I'd give it a shot if there are rooms where you can see WOC. Thanks for your assistance! We are so excited!!!
Beach Club Villas/Port Orleans-French Quarter, Star Wars Weekend (June 2014); Bay Lake Tower/AoA, MNSSHP & Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2013); Aulani and Villas at Grand Californian (June 2013); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2012); Beach Club Villas/Dream Cruise/Bay Lake Tower (June 2012); Bay Lake Tower, Epcot Food & Wine Festival (Oct. 2011); Bay Lake Tower (June 2011); Vero Beach (March 2011); Saratoga Springs (Jan. 2011); Wilderness Lodge Villas & Bay Lake Tower (Aug. 2010); Vero Beach (March 2010); Wilderness Lodge (June 2009); Off-site (1998, 1997 & 1986)
runDisney
2011 Disney Marathon & Kid Races; 2011 Wine & Dine Half Marathon; Castaway Cay 5K June 2012
DVC Member since March 2010
runmommyrun is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: