DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #2071
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Charging Privileges

We are going to DL in mid-April and I don't remember seeing this anywhere but does anyone know if you can charge back to your room like you can at WDW? I can't remember if I listed a CC# when I made my reservations. TIA.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 12/14-12/19
Checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #2072
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

When you check in they will ask you if you want charging privileges activated on you hotel room keys. But unlike WDW your theme park ticket cannot be added to your room key.

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #2073
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderpamela View Post
When you check in they will ask you if you want charging privileges activated on you hotel room keys. But unlike WDW your theme park ticket cannot be added to your room key.
Thanks, Pam, I didn't even think about the ticket part of it!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 12/14-12/19
Old 02-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #2074
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Does anyone else try to keep up with resale rates at VGC? I do try, though I have no current intention of ever selling.

Our home resort seems to be keeping its value as well as or better than any other DVC property. I've seen recent listings as high as $115 per point. I wonder if any future additional DVC rooms opening on the west coast would cause the value to slip more.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #2075
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Does anyone else try to keep up with resale rates at VGC? I do try, though I have no current intention of ever selling.

Our home resort seems to be keeping its value as well as or better than any other DVC property. I've seen recent listings as high as $115 per point. I wonder if any future additional DVC rooms opening on the west coast would cause the value to slip more.
I try to check listings every once in a while. I'm glad to see that it is holding its own. At that price, a lot of us could sell at a profit. I'm not giving up my points any time soon, though. I'd love to add more!

It is always a case of supply and demand. As long as the there are so few units available, demand will always be high. I would guess that we would see our value drop some if they decided to add more DVC to DL. I know there were discussions about converting or adding a tower to DLH, but haven't heard any rumblings in quite a while now that GFV is being built.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #2076
XMom
DIS Veteran

Annoyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMom View Post
So every year we stay at the villas in a studio for the 1/2 marathon weekend. We decided since we are not vacationing this year except for that trip that we would try to upgrade to a 1 BR. We put in our first wait list ever after figuring it out for Friday, Aug 30 to Monday, Sept 1 thinking that there was no way that we would get it since everyone there is usually running the 1/2 marathon on Sunday. Well this Saturday the Fri-Mon wait list came through! We almost fell over! Just to be daring we thought we would add one more day so that we can stay until Monday evening and head home after dinner. Well I just got notification that the wait list for that one ought came through also! So we are staying in a 1BR for the first time. We have been members since 2008 and always have stayed in a studio with the three kids sharing a bed or getting a sleeping bag and pad from housekeeping and they would rotate who would sleep on the floor. Now we all get our own beds and hubby and I even get our own room

Just had to share my excitement with people that understand!
So we were so excited to see that our waitlist came through, but have discovered that they took the extra points from the wrong contract! I called and asked if they could fix it and they said no. They said that the other contract shouldn't have even been listed as an option since we were not in the 7 month window yet. So now our Grand CA contract only has 59 points for next year. We need at least 98 to book for the 1/2 marathon in 2014. Not happy...
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #2077
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:

We own at VGC and are in the process of waiting to close on an add on - we paid $90/point and passed ROFR last week.

But, from what I've read on other threads, people are paying between $105-110 for resales and these contracts are selling for asking price, most times within hours of being posted.

I saw that $115/point contract yesterday. 100 points with 16 from 2012, I believe. It was marked as Sale Pending within hours, so maybe it went for asking price or very close to it.

Mine was for 125 points, so not too many more, and the closing costs, which are pretty high in Ca, were about $800. If that holds true for this 100 point contract, then that knocks the costs up to $123/point, again, with only 16 points from 2012.

It was a June UY (which is also mine), so if the buyer could have gotten those points direct within the next few months he could have gotten all 100 2012 UY points rather than just 16. For $130 direct pricing.

That price for that contract did not make sense to me.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #2078
icephoenix25
Earning My Ears

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:

Yes, we were looking to possibly add on to ours and there is simply nothing available. I did see a couple in the high 90s and one at 108 be pending within hours. So happy we got in in 2011, with a fully loaded resale contract.
icephoenix25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #2079
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by icephoenix25 View Post
Yes, we were looking to possibly add on to ours and there is simply nothing available. I did see a couple in the high 90s and one at 108 be pending within hours. So happy we got in in 2011, with a fully loaded resale contract.
That 108 one would be the one I am waiting on to see if it passes ROFR. It seemed there used to be contracts in the high 90's, which is what I paid for my original direct contracts. (I have 4 contracts purchased direct). The contract I made an offer on at 108 looked high, but I see now that many are listed higher. Never thought I'd go the resale route, but being on the direct waitlist for almost a year pushed me into it
Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #2080
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Speaking of direct buy wait lists, does anyone have any knowledge on the length of wait for each use year? Nunzia, you mentioned that you have been waiting for a year now on the wait list. Were you looking for a use year that matched your current contracts or were you open to any use year?
Old 02-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #2081
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
We are going to DL in mid-April and I don't remember seeing this anywhere but does anyone know if you can charge back to your room like you can at WDW? I can't remember if I listed a CC# when I made my reservations. TIA.
If this is your first time at DLR, you'll want to visit the Disneyland DISboard and read:
- HydroGuy's sticky threads (all a great and inportant info)
- the "wide right" thread for getting onto Radiator Springs Racers (RCR)
- World of Color superthread

Plus, DLR seems to be enforcing fast pass return times (new for them), which is causing a stir. In addition, the CMs are taking people's pictures to attach to multi-day parkhoppers of all sorts, since they do not have the biometrics as in WDW. Seems to be issues with ticket renters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMom View Post
So we were so excited to see that our waitlist came through, but have discovered that they took the extra points from the wrong contract! I called and asked if they could fix it and they said no. They said that the other contract shouldn't have even been listed as an option since we were not in the 7 month window yet. So now our Grand CA contract only has 59 points for next year. We need at least 98 to book for the 1/2 marathon in 2014. Not happy...
Congrats on the waitlist! Last year before our trip, I was able to call within the 7 month booking window and get the room charged to SSR points from VGC points. maybe worth a try, but make sure you have a knowledgeable CM first, in case something goes awry.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #2082
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseflyfisher View Post
Speaking of direct buy wait lists, does anyone have any knowledge on the length of wait for each use year? Nunzia, you mentioned that you have been waiting for a year now on the wait list. Were you looking for a use year that matched your current contracts or were you open to any use year?
I have a March use year and am only interested in having that as I want it to mesh with my current membership and not have to have two as I think I might find that pretty confusing.

Last edited by nunzia; 03-01-2013 at 07:46 AM.
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #2083
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseflyfisher View Post
Speaking of direct buy wait lists, does anyone have any knowledge on the length of wait for each use year?
Spoke with our guide about a month ago. The people at the top of the April UY waitlist, were added in April 2011, almost two years ago! Don't know about the other UY's.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #2084
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
If this is your first time at DLR, you'll want to visit the Disneyland DISboard and read:
- HydroGuy's sticky threads (all a great and inportant info)
- the "wide right" thread for getting onto Radiator Springs Racers (RCR)
- World of Color superthread.
I have searched and searched and cannot find the "wide right" thread. Also, does HydroGuy have his own sticky? If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. TIA.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 12/14-12/19
Old 03-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #2085
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Here you go....

Hydro Guy's thread for WDW Newbies:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599

The Wide Right Thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2971596

Hope this helps