DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #2041
mrobin023
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly S
Thanks to everyone for all the information and pictures posted here. My VGC waitlist just came through and was added to our stay for a total of 5 nights in June. Because of what I learned here, I did send my email room # requests to Member Services. We are arriving on a Wednesday, so I don't know what that does for our chances of a high floor Paradise Pier view, but they are certainly better than if I didn't send the email request. This will be our third stay at VGC, but the other two times I didn't request a view till check in. Thanks again!!
We also have a wait list for June. Did you book at the 7th month or 11 month window?

mrobin023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #2042
melissac
DIS Veteran

Went to DL staying at PPR Dec 2013 and loved GCV. Had planned to return in March with kids and Husband but DD16) tore ACL skiing last week and cancelled because now she is having surgery over springbreak and waitlisted June 3-6 1BR. I'm hoping for some pixie dust to come our way , I'm sure we made some waitlister VERY HAPPY . Wish us luck and if worse comes to worse will just stay off site

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013, POR May 2014
melissac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #2043
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrobin023 View Post
We also have a wait list for June. Did you book at the 7th month or 11 month window?
When is your June wait list? We may be giving up our 1br reservation. If we are, and it is your time, maybe we can coordinate and you can grab it as it becomes available.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #2044
dawnmommy
Mouseketeer

We are WDW veterans planning our first trip to Disneyland, I'm so excited!!

We plan on 4-5 nights, checking in around November 4th or 5th (we'll be at Huntington beach a few days prior).

I really like the idea of staying at The Villas, but have no idea how to go about renting points for them? any recommendations on good sources? We'd ideally like a 1 bedroom.

Also, if we are renting points (and we don't have Annual Passes), will we still get the daily early entry for onsite guests? My kids are already early birds, and wtih the time change from Chicago I want to ensure we're in the parks early.

thank you!
dawnmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #2045
melissac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseflyfisher View Post
When is your June wait list? We may be giving up our 1br reservation. If we are, and it is your time, maybe we can coordinate and you can grab it as it becomes available.
June 3-6. They way our luck has been going it would be great to get a little

SORRY looked to quick thought it was to me.

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013, POR May 2014

Last edited by melissac; 02-19-2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Sorry wrong person you where sending to
melissac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #2046
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissac View Post
June 3-6. They way our luck has been going it would be great to get a little
Shoot! We are off by a few days. Our reservation begins on the 10th. Wishing you lots of pixie dust on your wait list.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #2047
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmommy View Post
We are WDW veterans planning our first trip to Disneyland, I'm so excited!!

We plan on 4-5 nights, checking in around November 4th or 5th (we'll be at Huntington beach a few days prior).

I really like the idea of staying at The Villas, but have no idea how to go about renting points for them? any recommendations on good sources? We'd ideally like a 1 bedroom.

Also, if we are renting points (and we don't have Annual Passes), will we still get the daily early entry for onsite guests? My kids are already early birds, and wtih the time change from Chicago I want to ensure we're in the parks early.

thank you!
Be aware that GCV is very small compared to WDW resorts. There are only 24 1br units. If you really want a reservation, find a DVC owner with GCV as their home resort who is willing to rent their points and take advantage of their 8-11 month booking window. If you can't do that, find a DVC member renting points who is willing to get online right when the booking window opens for all DVC members. It can be very hit or miss, so you need to have a backup plan.

Early Entry is for all guests staying at the resort hotels(including DVC) as well as those who have an EE day from their ticket.

David's has a very good reputation for renting points. You can also check the dis rental board to see who is renting. There are other boards and rental agencies, but I believe we are prohibited from listing them.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #2048
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseflyfisher View Post
Be aware that GCV is very small compared to WDW resorts. There are only 24 1br units. If you really want a reservation, find a DVC owner with GCV as their home resort who is willing to rent their points and take advantage of their 8-11 month booking window. If you can't do that, find a DVC member renting points who is willing to get online right when the booking window opens for all DVC members. It can be very hit or miss, so you need to have a backup plan.
I agree. We don't own at VGC so can only book at the 7 month mark. This will be our second stay in the villas this summer. Due to it's size/popularity booking needs to be done exactly when it opens and as bosieflyfisher said can be hit or miss. We did summer trips both times, July and now June.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #2049
Shelly S
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrobin023 View Post
I booked at 7 months on line at exactly 8am, but the first day was not available so I waitlisted it, next day went online again and the second day not available so i waitlisted it. On the third day, I was able to get the third, fourth and fifth day. A week later, day 2 waitlist came through, and just this week, at four months day one came through.
Good luck with your wait list. I'm sure mine both came through as they were single days done right at the seven month mark. I have been stalking the website for availability and I never saw the one bedroom available on line, but the wait list did pick it up both times.

Shelly S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #2050
mrobin023
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseflyfisher

June 16, 17, 18. That would be great!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #2051
mrobin023
Earning My Ears

Thank you for your offer boiseflyfisher...but it looks like we won't need it! I went to the DVC site to check in on things and our wait list was confirmed! Happy, happy, happy! Now that the room is for sure need to really get after the rest of the trip planning.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #2052
XMom
DIS Veteran

Our 1st & 2nd wait list joy!

So every year we stay at the villas in a studio for the 1/2 marathon weekend. We decided since we are not vacationing this year except for that trip that we would try to upgrade to a 1 BR. We put in our first wait list ever after figuring it out for Friday, Aug 30 to Monday, Sept 1 thinking that there was no way that we would get it since everyone there is usually running the 1/2 marathon on Sunday. Well this Saturday the Fri-Mon wait list came through! We almost fell over! Just to be daring we thought we would add one more day so that we can stay until Monday evening and head home after dinner. Well I just got notification that the wait list for that one ought came through also! So we are staying in a 1BR for the first time. We have been members since 2008 and always have stayed in a studio with the three kids sharing a bed or getting a sleeping bag and pad from housekeeping and they would rotate who would sleep on the floor. Now we all get our own beds and hubby and I even get our own room

Just had to share my excitement with people that understand!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #2053
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Wow thats great XMom!

I don't know how you guys have done a studio with three kids!! I can't even stand the thought of doing a studio with just 2 kids. Those darn one bedrooms with their washing machine and dryer really spoil you! Enjoy!!

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #2054
XMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderpamela View Post
Wow thats great XMom!

I don't know how you guys have done a studio with three kids!! I can't even stand the thought of doing a studio with just 2 kids. Those darn one bedrooms with their washing machine and dryer really spoil you! Enjoy!!
I think we have managed because we only live about 90 minutes away(without traffic), so it's kind of like a hotel room to us with the bonus of a microwave, toaster and fridge. I feel like I should plan better this time and stop at the market before we check in so that we can have most of our meals in our room. We will of course have our chicken nachos from whitewater at least once though!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #2055
dawnmommy
Mouseketeer

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded to my questions.....can you tell I'm new to Disneyland planning? I had no idea there were only 24 one bedrooms!

We have 2 kids and I imagine can do a studio, but will try for a one bedroom. at least now I'll have more realistic expectations. I think we'll use David, already familiar with him from WDW.

We are looking for Monday Nov 4 checking out Saturday Nov 9, so maybe we'll stand a chance at a one bedroom (I know, probably dreaming!)

thank you all! we're so excited!
dawnmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: