DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #1996
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Thought I'd share that my daughter and family checked in yesterday at 5 p.m. and were given 5506, which was one of the villas I had requested. The detailed email request seems to have had more influence than an early check-in, at least in this case.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #1997
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechelt View Post
Thought I'd share that my daughter and family checked in yesterday at 5 p.m. and were given 5506, which was one of the villas I had requested. The detailed email request seems to have had more influence than an early check-in, at least in this case.
How is your DD liking that room/view? I requested 5504 (we are staying in a Studio) and would love to know her thoughts on the location/view .

PoohsFan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #1998
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
How is your DD liking that room/view? I requested 5504 (we are staying in a Studio) and would love to know her thoughts on the location/view .
She's sent two emails but both described the view as 'amazing' and our grandsons, ages 3 & 5, are in awe. Our son received 6504 a few years ago without a request but we've also received a view of the 'forest' of Redwood Creek and I loved it. It was very peaceful after a long day in the parks. Did you request just the one villa? I actually requested six different ones to increase the chances. No matter where you are, you'll love it.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #1999
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechelt View Post
She's sent two emails but both described the view as 'amazing' and our grandsons, ages 3 & 5, are in awe. Our son received 6504 a few years ago without a request but we've also received a view of the 'forest' of Redwood Creek and I loved it. It was very peaceful after a long day in the parks. Did you request just the one villa? I actually requested six different ones to increase the chances. No matter where you are, you'll love it.
Thank you, I know we will love wherever we are placed. Yes I did request just the one villa, however I also said I wanted Theme Park view with high floor. I am not used to requesting actual villa numbers because we are WDW vets and the room assigners at WDW do not like actual room number requests...it's too hard for them. I haven't told the rest of the family that I requested the actual villa because if we get it, I want to make it a surprise for them. Keeping my fingers crossed .

PoohsFan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #2000
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
I have previously posted a floor by floor map of VGC, but thought it would be nice to show the villa numbers from the exterior

View from Pool:

View from Redwood Creek Challenge Trail:

View from Paradise Pier (Jumpin' Jellyfish):
Hey, Nonsuch, I've always liked these diagrams you made. But I noticed today that the room numbers don't match the floor plans. Looks to me like the 2BRs you labeled here as X503, should be X505. Or am I missing something?

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #2001
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Has anyone been to the Royal Member Gathering for DVC members at DLR? My guide called on the weekend and told me about it. Apparently it's a continental breakfast with entertainment and a special guest at the end who mingles with the kids and is available for photo ops. I checked the DVC website and see it listed under member special events.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #2002
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechelt
Has anyone been to the Royal Member Gathering for DVC members at DLR? My guide called on the weekend and told me about it. Apparently it's a continental breakfast with entertainment and a special guest at the end who mingles with the kids and is available for photo ops. I checked the DVC website and see it listed under member special events.
I've been numerous times. We live down the street. What are your questions?
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #2003
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Well, I had never heard of it or seen it mentioned here so was curious. My son will be at VGC in April and I wondered if I should encourage him to go. The member website says there are 'refreshments' but our guide said it was a 'continental breakfast' so how would you describe it, and what sort of offerings are there? Is it a must-do or a waste of time for a young guy in his 20's?

By the way, wish I lived down the street.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #2004
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechelt
Well, I had never heard of it or seen it mentioned here so was curious. My son will be at VGC in April and I wondered if I should encourage him to go. The member website says there are 'refreshments' but our guide said it was a 'continental breakfast' so how would you describe it, and what sort of offerings are there? Is it a must-do or a waste of time for a young guy in his 20's?

By the way, wish I lived down the street.
It's a continental breakfast with Danishes, croissants, orange juice, water and fruit. You get a DVC hat when you go (new style) and they do trivia, 2 drawings for 2 large gift baskets and then after you get a surprise visit from your favorite mouse You can take photos and it's overall a fun experience. There's usually between 25 and 30 people there. I don't think it's a must do but I think he would enjoy it. Overall it's about 45 min to 1 hour
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #2005
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Hey, Nonsuch, I've always liked these diagrams you made. But I noticed today that the room numbers don't match the floor plans. Looks to me like the 2BRs you labeled here as X503, should be X505. Or am I missing something?
I don't know what you are taking about, looks fine to me

Those exterior pictures have been posted for over a year, and you are the first person to notice the error. It was easy to make the correction (since the picture and numbers are in different layers in OmniGaffle), but I needed to learn how to change the web photo hosted on Picasa (without breaking the existing links).
Old 02-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #2006
joelnkelly
Mouseketeer

we were in 5505 during our stay, while it wasnt paradise pier view it was nice to see the fireworks from Disneyland in our room. These could be see over top the adjacent building. Overall a really nice room.
joelnkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #2007
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Glitter View Post
It's a continental breakfast with Danishes, croissants, orange juice, water and fruit. You get a DVC hat when you go (new style) and they do trivia, 2 drawings for 2 large gift baskets and then after you get a surprise visit from your favorite mouse You can take photos and it's overall a fun experience. There's usually between 25 and 30 people there. I don't think it's a must do but I think he would enjoy it. Overall it's about 45 min to 1 hour
From your description, it will be a must-do for him. He loves DL and the villas as much as I do so I know he'll love it. Thanks for the details!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #2008
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelnkelly View Post
we were in 5505 during our stay, while it wasnt paradise pier view it was nice to see the fireworks from Disneyland in our room. These could be see over top the adjacent building. Overall a really nice room.
Congrats on your villa assignment. I think it would be cool to watch the fireworks from your suite. Did you need to go on the balcony or were you able to see from inside?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #2009
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch
I don't know what you are taking about, looks fine to me

Those exterior pictures have been posted for over a year, and you are the first person to notice the error. It was easy to make the correction (since the picture and numbers are in different layers in OmniGaffle), but I needed to learn how to change the web photo hosted on Picasa (without breaking the existing links).
Looks good now. Thanks!

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #2010
Checkers
DIS Veteran

I am totally confused (doesn't take much) but here's my question. We will be arriving on Sat. 4/13 and have reserved a dedicated 2br, higher floor. At the time of booking the CM wouldn't take more than one request because I said I wanted a higher floor with a theme park view. Anyway, we would really like a higher floor with a room that we can see WOC from the balcony. We will have small children with us and don't want the hassle of trying to get tickets/passes for WOC. What rooms should we request and in what order and is the best way to make these requests to call MS?

TIA. This thread is just fabulous!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Checkers is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: