DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #1891
Mousequake
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
It's obvious
Thanks Nonsuch! I've read a lot of your posts in the thread and have found your room recommendations invaluable in coming up with a list of which rooms to request!
Mousequake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #1892
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechelt View Post
There's always a possibility, and it depends on what size of unit you need. Be ready and online right at 8 a.m. eastern time and you should have a decent chance. Don't wait for MS to open. The studios seem to be the most popular, followed by the 1 bdrms.

Something to keep in mind for September, HM and Space Mtn are usually closed until around the third week to have their holiday overlays installed. If these rides are important to you, you may want to travel towards the end of September.
Thanks for the quick reply and the info!!
Past BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #1893
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

We booked a studio for 7 months out. However, we didn't request a room. We leave in 2 months. Should I call and try to request a room? Which studio do you recommend?

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #1894
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Hangers are available upon request
Whoa. I'm having brain farts...
In FL we use Garden Grocer as a grocery delivery service...is there something similar available near VGC?

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #1895
Anal Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
Okay it worked! We checked in about 11am today and told them that we made list of requested park view rooms & asked if they were honoring it? Answer " YES it is a park view but not sure what it is...." So BEFORE I signed the registration form I CHECKED and sure enough there was one of my 1 bedroom requests....RM # 5502!! Had 5 choices on my list! He said "Oh your way ahead of me... We are not supposed to mention the exact room number but remenber I did not say it." I think he was joking but surprised I knew what I wanted & how to look for it! The room wasn't ready and the usual "will text you when ready" was the response. SO we drove back home (20 minutes) to wait to be texted! Really we did have to come back anyway to pick up my kid from band practice this afternoon!
There is a list somewhere of theme park view rooms? We're going for 4 nights in August (just in a studio tho) and that would be GREAT to get my hands on...is it in this thread somewhere?

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

Old 01-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #1896
Happy Birthday Cat
Wonders if the Hokey Pokey is REALLY what its all about?
And is Otto the one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
There is a list somewhere of theme park view rooms? We're going for 4 nights in August (just in a studio tho) and that would be GREAT to get my hands on...is it in this thread somewhere?
Here is the one I use. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=490

HBC

Learn about Restoring Hetch Hetchy at http://www.hetchhetchy.org/

Happy Birthday Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #1897
Chereya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Villas at Disney's Grand Californian - Room Views

This thread here should help those looking to figure out what rooms are where and with some pics of the views.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #1898
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie

Whoa. I'm having brain farts...
In FL we use Garden Grocer as a grocery delivery service...is there something similar available near VGC?
I've used vons.com several times with good luck.
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #1899
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, the information you seek is in this thread
Search this thread for "6504" which is included in all the lists of studios, since it has the best view

This previous post shows Room Numbers From the Outside
Old 01-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #1900
Anal Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Birthday Cat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chereya View Post
Villas at Disney's Grand Californian - Room Views

This thread here should help those looking to figure out what rooms are where and with some pics of the views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerFan View Post
I've used vons.com several times with good luck.
I will check them out!

Quote:
Yes, the information you seek is in this thread
Search this thread for "6504" which is included in all the lists of studios, since it has the best view

This previous post shows Room Numbers From the Outside
Oh my goodness! Thank you ALL sooo much!! So let me get this straight, VGC will take room requests for specific room numbers!? Holy smokes!! So you don't just ask for "theme park view"?! That's amazing!!

Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #1901
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Staying here in a 1 bedroom for the first time in August. So excited!!!

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #1902
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer
Staying here in a 1 bedroom for the first time in August. So excited!!!
That's awesome, we have a studio for a week in Oct, I can't wait, DD and my 1st DL trip
Old 01-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #1903
monami7
DIS Veteran

It doesnt look like there is a bad view!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #1904
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Although Disney will take specific room requests, they are still just requests and there are no guarantees. Making multiple room requests increases your chances.

And yes, all views are nice, unless you don't like looking at trees. The lower floors facing east, towards Grizzly Peak, don't really have a view. However, we found it very relaxing and loved listening to the sounds of birds singing long into the night. It felt like we were in the middle of the forest.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #1905
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Ok, major daydreaming here, but...

Is it possible to get VGC for any time in December at the 7 month window? And

If so, is the slightly cheaper season (Dec 1-19) any easier than the expensive season (Dec 20-31)?

Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: