DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #1876
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch
A guest who books a HA villa is guaranteed to receive a HA villa, but a guest who does not book a HA villa still might receive one.

These are the HA villas:
1516 studio
1514 1 bedroom
3513 2 bedroom
4522 grand villa
(the maps linked in my signature show the locations)

VGC are usually fully booked, so a guest may receive a HA villa without requesting one. I suspect the HA villas are the last assigned. On one visit, I was impatiently waiting for my villa to be ready (it was past 4PM) and checked with the front desk -- and was told a first floor villa was available immediately.
I'm sorry if this is a silly question but what's an HA room
Old 01-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #1877
czmom
DIS Veteran

Handicap Accessible

I just realized it myself when I saw pictures of the different layout in the bathroom.
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #1878
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom
Handicap Accessible

I just realized it myself when I saw pictures of the different layout in the bathroom.
Thank you, sorry I got thinking, why didn't I try for a HA room since people were hoping to get them lol
Old 01-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #1879
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Thank you, sorry I got thinking, why didn't I try for a HA room since people were hoping to get them lol
We are actually hoping NOT to get it. I just went back and reread, and I was not clear at all. Oops!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #1880
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
New to the Thread, we're thinking of planning a Disneyland trip for the first time in September 2013 (2nd or 3rd week, not Labor Day weekend). Our initial assumption was just to pay cash, but are there any thoughts on the possibility of 7 month availability during that time? I see the spotty availability now for August, but I don't know how that translates to September. Thanks!!
There's always a possibility, and it depends on what size of unit you need. Be ready and online right at 8 a.m. eastern time and you should have a decent chance. Don't wait for MS to open. The studios seem to be the most popular, followed by the 1 bdrms.

Something to keep in mind for September, HM and Space Mtn are usually closed until around the third week to have their holiday overlays installed. If these rides are important to you, you may want to travel towards the end of September.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #1881
Mousequake
Mouseketeer

I'm renting points to stay at VGC for a trip next week-- I had the person I'm renting from submit a single room request for me, but if I'm understanding correctly, I can have him submit a list of rooms I'd be happy with and I may have a better chance of getting what I want. Is that correct?

If so, how should the DVC owner submit this request?
Mousequake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #1882
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousequake View Post
I'm renting points to stay at VGC for a trip next week-- I had the person I'm renting from submit a single room request for me, but if I'm understanding correctly, I can have him submit a list of rooms I'd be happy with and I may have a better chance of getting what I want. Is that correct?

If so, how should the DVC owner submit this request?
Since your trip is next week, and if it were me, I'd be tempted to call the hotel directly and place the request. Otherwise, the owner can call or email member services for you. There's no guarantee you'll get what you requested but it never hurts to try.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #1883
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Okay it worked! We checked in about 11am today and told them that we made list of requested park view rooms & asked if they were honoring it? Answer " YES it is a park view but not sure what it is...." So BEFORE I signed the registration form I CHECKED and sure enough there was one of my 1 bedroom requests....RM # 5502!! Had 5 choices on my list! He said "Oh your way ahead of me... We are not supposed to mention the exact room number but remenber I did not say it." I think he was joking but surprised I knew what I wanted & how to look for it! The room wasn't ready and the usual "will text you when ready" was the response. SO we drove back home (20 minutes) to wait to be texted! Really we did have to come back anyway to pick up my kid from band practice this afternoon!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #1884
Chereya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
Okay it worked! We checked in about 11am today and told them that we made list of requested park view rooms & asked if they were honoring it? Answer " YES it is a park view but not sure what it is...." So BEFORE I signed the registration form I CHECKED and sure enough there was one of my 1 bedroom requests....RM # 5502!! Had 5 choices on my list! He said "Oh your way ahead of me... We are not supposed to mention the exact room number but remenber I did not say it." I think he was joking but surprised I knew what I wanted & how to look for it! The room wasn't ready and the usual "will text you when ready" was the response. SO we drove back home (20 minutes) to wait to be texted! Really we did have to come back anyway to pick up my kid from band practice this afternoon!
Yay!!! Congrats!! Come back and post some pics to share!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #1885
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

ooooh we had 5502 about a month ago! It was awesome!

AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #1886
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Forgot to also mention we checked in the Grand hotel LAST NIGHT and the room was the same side as the DVC's. Does it matter where you get a room when using points?
RM # 2246 was a standard & Park view (right in front of the small rollercoaster) & SUPER CLEAN!! We just assumed we would get a really tired old crappy room but were extremely pleased for our 1 night! ALL CM's were SO NICE even though we had to keep telling them we're locals & have been here MANY times!! yadda yadda!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #1887
czmom
DIS Veteran

I have a couple more questions...

1. Is there a laundry room for the DVC studios to use? Is it free? I recently stayed at AKV and there was a free laundry room available (detergent did cost).

2. Do any of the DVC rooms overlook the monorail? I just recently learned the monorail runs through the courtyard, but I am unfamiliar where that is in comparison to the villas.

Thank you!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #1888
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
1. Is there a laundry room for the DVC studios to use? Is it free? I recently stayed at AKV and there was a free laundry room available (detergent did cost).
There is a laundry room on the first floor, near the barbeques.
Both hotel and villa guest may use the machines. Free tokens are available for DVC studio guests from Guest Services.

There is also a much larger laundry room on the second floor accessible using the elevators near Napa Rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
2. Do any of the DVC rooms overlook the monorail? I just recently learned the monorail runs through the courtyard, but I am unfamiliar where that is in comparison to the villas.
None of the villas look into the courtyard with the Monorail tracks. Most of the villas have either a theme park or pool view
Old 01-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #1889
Mousequake
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
Congrats! I'm hoping I get as lucky next week. Where should I look on the registration form for the room number before I sign? Is it fairly obvious?
Mousequake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #1890
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousequake View Post
Where should I look on the registration form for the room number before I sign? Is it fairly obvious?
It's obvious

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: