DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #1846
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymekae
How many cars get free parking for a 1 bdr villa reservation? Someone on the Disneyland board thought it was 2, but I thought I should double check here. For any cars that might have to pay, what's the daily rate? And if we have people not booked in our room coming to visit, is the rate the same or different?
2 cars might be correct, but all 5 room keys (the 1 bedroom limit) will have "SELF PARKING" printed on them. Any of these keys may be used to exit parking lot. The key is not scanned, so there is no record of how many cars are parked.

$15 is the daily rate for registered guests, otherwise the rate will be much higher.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:31 AM   #1847
oktracy
Mouseketeer

NorcalDVC,

I own at VGC, live in the Bay Area and also love Aulani. I am seriously considering buying there. Did you purchase Aulani direct? If so how many points? I bought VGC resale 1 year ago and have a 160 point contract. I would want a minimum 1 bedroom for 1 week every other year at Aulani 308 - 406 points.
oktracy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #1848
aymekae
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the explanation on the parking... makes a lot more sense! If someone parks before checking in and getting their key, do they just take a normal parking ticket that they won't end up needing because they will use the key to exit?

Ben (32) Ayme (28) Ian (10 mo)

DLR Trips - Last: Sep. 2013 Next: Jan. 2014
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
aymekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #1849
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymekae
...If someone parks before checking in and getting their key, do they just take a normal parking ticket that they won't end up needing because they will use the key to exit?
That is correct, but without a key they will not be able to use the area of the lot dedicated for guests of the Grand Californian and will need to park in the multi-story lot behind the Paradise Pier Hotel.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #1850
sparkhill
Grand Californian Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
Hi! I am wondering when I need to book a studio for the week after Thanksgiving next year. My dates would be December 1-7. Is this something that should be done at the 11 month mark? Or can I hold off?

I am not a DVC owner, but will be renting points.

Thank you! I just returned from AKV and look forward to staying at VGC.
You will probably be fine booking anywhere between 11 to 7 months in advance. It will fill up once the 7 month window opens though.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #1851
NorCalDVC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktracy View Post
NorcalDVC,

I own at VGC, live in the Bay Area and also love Aulani. I am seriously considering buying there. Did you purchase Aulani direct? If so how many points? I bought VGC resale 1 year ago and have a 160 point contract. I would want a minimum 1 bedroom for 1 week every other year at Aulani 308 - 406 points.
Yes, we did purchase Aulani direct. The closing costs if you buy Aulani resale run at least $900 so you don't save too much unless you buy a large contract. The incentive when we bought was $7 off with a $500 giftcard. We only bought 150 points, but now I wish we had gotten more. The price just went up today to $140 per point. We have over 500 points at VGC, BCV and WL so there is no way my husband will agree to buy more points until we get rid of one of our other contracts.

If you are not in a hurry to buy points and decide to buy direct, I would probably wait until the month before your use year to buy. That way, you get the current year's points without having to pay the dues (they prorate the amount).
NorCalDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #1852
oktracy
Mouseketeer

Norcal, thanks for your reply and the tip!!! I will keep saving for now but will probably bite the bullet next spring or summer. I did see the current incentives Disney is offering. I think I read somewhere that they might still be available until 1/29/2013 for members. We will see if I get antsy again before the end of January. Enjoy those points!!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #1853
oktracy
Mouseketeer

Norcal, thanks for your reply and the tip!!! I will keep saving for now but will probably bite the bullet next spring or summer. I did see the current incentives Disney is offering. I think I read somewhere that they might still be available until 1/29/2013 for members. We will see if I get antsy again before the end of January. Enjoy those points!!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #1854
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkhill View Post
You will probably be fine booking anywhere between 11 to 7 months in advance. It will fill up once the 7 month window opens though.
Thank you! The 7 month mark is when it opens to DVC members who own elsewhere, correct?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #1855
sparkhill
Grand Californian Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
Thank you! The 7 month mark is when it opens to DVC members who own elsewhere, correct?
Yes, non-VCG owners can start booking 7 months in advance of the first day of the reservation. It really fills up fast right at 7 months though so, if you can find somebody to make the reservation for you now, you will not need to sweat it.

Last edited by sparkhill; 12-20-2012 at 06:08 PM.
sparkhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #1856
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkhill

Yes, non-VCG owners can start booking 7 months in advance of the first day of the reservation. It really fills up fast right at 7 months though so, if you can find somebody to make the reservation for you now, you ail not need to sweat it.
Even though I am a dvc member I rented points from a VGC member for our Oct trip, with DDs set fall break schedule I didn't want to sweat trying to book the exact days, and it being our first trip to DL I don't regret it for a sec, good idea if your days arnt flexible
Old 12-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #1857
JimmyJam838
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
That is correct, but without a key they will not be able to use the area of the lot dedicated for guests of the Grand Californian and will need to park in the multi-story lot behind the Paradise Pier Hotel.
Since when do you need a key? I've been there a least a dozen times and have never had to use a key to enter the lot directly across the street. I usually go park our car while my wife is checking in so I normally don't have a key. I've only had to show a key when leaving the lot.

Last edited by JimmyJam838; 12-22-2012 at 11:42 PM.
JimmyJam838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #1858
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam838 View Post
Since when do you need a key? I've been there a least a dozen times and have never had to use a key to enter the lot directly across the street. I usually go park our car while my wife is checking in so I normally don't have a key. I've only had to show a key when leaving the lot.
Very often, a key is not needed to enter the lot. The parking attendant will open the gate for a car crossing directly from the Grand Californian. The attendant may also open the second gate into the Grand Californian part of the lot.

If the attendant does not open the gate, take a parking ticket -- which will not be used.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #1859
Ciyra
First of all, I would like to make one thing quite clear. . . . I never explain anything.

Any luck with last minute?

Thank you for putting all this amazing information in one place.

My husband and I are seriously considering purchasing, but have a question for current owners. Has anyone had any luck booking last minute mid week during the month of February? I'm looking at our "Disney History" and realizing that we often get a wild hair in February and take a last minute mid week trip.

Most of the time we would be pre-planned at the 11 month mark, but I think the gloom of winter starts to get to us!
Ciyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #1860
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciyra View Post
Thank you for putting all this amazing information in one place.

My husband and I are seriously considering purchasing, but have a question for current owners. Has anyone had any luck booking last minute mid week during the month of February? I'm looking at our "Disney History" and realizing that we often get a wild hair in February and take a last minute mid week trip.

Most of the time we would be pre-planned at the 11 month mark, but I think the gloom of winter starts to get to us!
Can't say that I've tried too often for last minute but when I have & it's not available I would do the DLR Hotels on points. (If you have purchased direct for usage of the Disney Collection.)
The month of Feb seems like a good off time to enjoy except for the Presidents weekend.
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: