DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #1831
Breyean
OKW - 1993 & VCG - 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalDVC View Post
Ironically, this may be the very reason we end up selling our VGC points. Never did I ever think I would utter "sell" and "VGC" in the same sentence. We have found that because we make short trips down to LA, we don't really need the amenities of a villa for just the two of us. Instead, we recently purchased points at Aulani because our trips to Honolulu are at least a week long and we find that having a villa (as opposed to a hotel room) adds greatly to our comfort level.
If you have June UY points and decide to sell them, please let me know!

We actually passed on VGC when it first opened. We went to a sales meeting, big event, at PP and the incentives were good. But our son lives in Santa Monica, and like you, going to DLR was no big deal - an hour drive. So we passed.

Then we did buy at Aulani while on a cruise. But when we realized we were going to use those points rarely for Aulani, that we went to DLR a whole lot more, we took advantage of the DVC buy back offer caused by the annula dues snafu, and sold that contract back to Disney. We actually MADE $$ on that somehow, plus got a free vacation to DLR out of it. Then we used that $$ to buy our VGC points.

Now we are on the hunt for more.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #1832
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Any VGC owers willing to just check for me

Hello all you lucky ducks who own at VGC. We are HOPING to be able to slip in 3 or 4 nights in a studio at your home resort next August. I know availability will change between now and when I can actually book here in a few weeks but am getting anxious about it... Would anybody be willing to check for me for studio availability for August 4th-8th? If the studios are all already gone then I need to seriously work on Plan B (either choking on the points for a 1 bedroom or consider the option of booking a room at Paradise Pier). I guess as part of Plan B I also need to know if there are 1 bedrooms available too huh?! We want to stop in CA on our way to Aulani and I am really hoping to reserve most of our points for that part...so I am nervous about getting everything planned & pulled together so I can start seriously watching for airfare. I am afraid to book air until I secure our villa ressies and booking 2 hard to get resorts at the 7 month window is making me stress just a wee bit! I am just too anal for my own good sometimes!!

Anyway, TIA if anybody can help!!

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #1833
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
Hello all you lucky ducks who own at VGC. We are HOPING to be able to slip in 3 or 4 nights in a studio at your home resort next August. I know availability will change between now and when I can actually book here in a few weeks but am getting anxious about it... Would anybody be willing to check for me for studio availability for August 4th-8th? If the studios are all already gone then I need to seriously work on Plan B (either choking on the points for a 1 bedroom or consider the option of booking a room at Paradise Pier). I guess as part of Plan B I also need to know if there are 1 bedrooms available too huh?! We want to stop in CA on our way to Aulani and I am really hoping to reserve most of our points for that part...so I am nervous about getting everything planned & pulled together so I can start seriously watching for airfare. I am afraid to book air until I secure our villa ressies and booking 2 hard to get resorts at the 7 month window is making me stress just a wee bit! I am just too anal for my own good sometimes!!

Anyway, TIA if anybody can help!!
If you're checking out on the 8th, so far so good. The D23 Expo is that weekend and the studios are booked from the 8th on.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #1834
NorCalDVC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
hmmm do you have March use year points ?
I would still keep my VGC even if I just stayed in a studio. The last time I paid cash for a DLR hotel room was Destination D and I had a great room deal at DLH for under $200 a night. We are looking at joining some family at DLR in May..VGC was totally booked already, of course, and my points are needed for a trip in 2014, so am staying at Paradise Pier with the rest of the family. Holy cow..nights range from$336-$389 (weeknight vs weekend) so that plus taxes put our 5 night PP stay at $2,018...for Paradise Pier! Ouch..A bit of a wake up call as to how much I appreciate owning VGC and not adding that cost to my vacations..Hotel rooms go up..up..up.. while my DVC is paid for.Yes, MF go up too, but not like that.
Oh the elusive March use year! My points are the very common June use year (it does seem like there's a lot of June use year's out there doesn't it?). We are actually staying at Paradise Pier in February and the rate is $280 including tax (weekend rate) - decided too late and there were no GVC rooms available. We also own 300 points at BCV so sometimes we use those points to book rooms at PP or DLR so that's worked out pretty well for us. However, you are right in that nothing beats the Grand!
NorCalDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #1835
NorCalDVC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post

Then we did buy at Aulani while on a cruise. But when we realized we were going to use those points rarely for Aulani, that we went to DLR a whole lot more, we took advantage of the DVC buy back offer caused by the annula dues snafu, and sold that contract back to Disney. We actually MADE $$ on that somehow, plus got a free vacation to DLR out of it. Then we used that $$ to buy our VGC points.
Wow, now THAT is a good story - making money from the mouse! I wish I would have bought my Aulani points earlier so I could get the subsidized mfs. We have 180 VGC June use year points and like your previous post pointed out - doesn't go as far as you would think. We were on the fence about whether to add more points at VGC so we could bring friends or relatives with us during the hard to get holiday weeks, but decided - nah. Instead, we added on at Aulani so we can go there over the holidays all by ourselves!
NorCalDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #1836
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechelt View Post
If you're checking out on the 8th, so far so good. The D23 Expo is that weekend and the studios are booked from the 8th on.
Thank you! Yes, we would be checking out on the 7th or the 8th. I was originally thinking 3 nights but DH said we should probably spring for 4 nights so we're sure to get a good park fix and we'd rather do weekday points than add the extra night onto the front end - so 4 nights would put us checking out on the 8th. I also figured it would be cheaper to fly maybe on Sunday than Saturday. Maybe. Just a little. We're not D23 members so the Expo wasn't even on my radar but now that you menion it I do remember reading something about it in the last Disney Files. Crossing my fingers that this availability holds for 3 more weeks until I can book!! Thanks again!

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #1837
miyta
Mouseketeer

Well I thought I had made a decision.....

So I finally decided to just get the small add on at SSR but then I come accross the 20 page thread of resale possible changes to access and possible further restrictions. not that that thread turned on the lightbulb- I know nothing is ever a guarantee..... Now trying to decide how much this will weigh into my decision. I think I have enough VGC points for my desired use there and the SSR would supplement my intermittent WDW or Aulani-- but if I am going to have possible restrictions than what? but the flipside is if I buy all at VGC I don't see myself wanting to use them all there to- those extra points are for different places every so often..... but if buying direct would keep allowing me flexibility at the other clubs then that is the choice I should make- buy direct and if I buy direct I would spend $130 for VGC vs $110 for SSR, etc.
HHHmmm keep with my plan of just by at the lower cost and hope for grandfatherig & good luck or just say goodbye to several more thousand dollars
miyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #1838
8timesblessed
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
This would be my request:
5506, 6500, 5500, 4500, 4506, 3522, 3500, 3506

My reasons:
x506 has a better angle to WOC than x500, but a tree directly outside the villas is an obstruction on lower floors.
6500 can have noise from other guests using the patio to view WOC.

3522 is closest and has the best angle to view WOC, but the trees are an issue.

Wish I had read all this before our trip! I didn't think about putting in a room request. I booked at the 11month window and checked in early 7:30am and asked for a high floor WOC view. We got 3500 which at first I was disappointed in but it ended up being good for us. It was close to the elevator and we enjoyed going up to the 6th floor to watch WOC, such a different view from up there. We've seen it in the park a few times so it was nice watching from up there our favorite parts!
1st trip VGC May 2010, WDW with 2boys 3/11, WDW all of us 10/11, DH and I DL 12/11, surprise trip for our youngest coming up 2/29-3/3! 6th birthday on Route 66 June 20-23. DL 12/1-10/12. DL 10/29-11/7. First Cruise May 2014 and WDW for Star wars weekend.
8timesblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #1839
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8timesblessed View Post
Wish I had read all this before our trip! I didn't think about putting in a room request. I booked at the 11month window and checked in early 7:30am and asked for a high floor WOC view. We got 3500 which at first I was disappointed in but it ended up being good for us. It was close to the elevator and we enjoyed going up to the 6th floor to watch WOC, such a different view from up there. We've seen it in the park a few times so it was nice watching from up there our favorite parts!
Could you see WOC at all from 3500? Thanks!
Old 12-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #1840
jockotaco
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I can't comment on 3500 but 6500 has great views of WOC.
jockotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #1841
czmom
DIS Veteran

Hi! I am wondering when I need to book a studio for the week after Thanksgiving next year. My dates would be December 1-7. Is this something that should be done at the 11 month mark? Or can I hold off?

I am not a DVC owner, but will be renting points.

Thank you! I just returned from AKV and look forward to staying at VGC.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #1842
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
Hi! I am wondering when I need to book a studio for the week after Thanksgiving next year. My dates would be December 1-7. Is this something that should be done at the 11 month mark? Or can I hold off?

I am not a DVC owner, but will be renting points.

Thank you! I just returned from AKV and look forward to staying at VGC.
For that many nights in a studio, my best advice is to find a VGC owner and book at 11 months. Studios are the hardest to come by and December is a busy month at DL.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #1843
aymekae
Mouseketeer

A couple of questions for you experts:

How many cars get free parking for a 1 bdr villa reservation? Someone on the Disneyland board thought it was 2, but I thought I should double check here. For any cars that might have to pay, what's the daily rate? And if we have people not booked in our room coming to visit, is the rate the same or different?

I need to change some of the people on the original reservation I booked, and provide the correct addresses (I learned recently this address must match the address on their driver's license). Can I do this through the email form on the website, or do I need to call? (I hate calling!)

Thanks in advance!

Ben (32) Ayme (28) Ian (10 mo)

DLR Trips - Last: Sep. 2013 Next: Jan. 2014
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
aymekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #1844
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Dues Statements are available on the member website.

Looks like 2013 per point dues are rising from $4.33 to 4.58 (that's a 5.77% increase).

But in Jan 2013 there will also be a $0.88 per point adjustment collected to pay for higher-than-estimated taxes in 2012.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #1845
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymekae View Post
A couple of questions for you experts:

How many cars get free parking for a 1 bdr villa reservation? Someone on the Disneyland board thought it was 2, but I thought I should double check here. For any cars that might have to pay, what's the daily rate? And if we have people not booked in our room coming to visit, is the rate the same or different?

The first 2 cars @ SELF PARKING are FREE then the 3rd car is $15. ($15 per day is also for ANYONE)
ANYBODY parking in VALET = $22
Also your guest can park @ Downtown Disney - first 3 hours is FREE then they can validate by getting something to eat there to ADD 2 MORE FREE HOURS of parking. Although they could park @ Mickey n' Friends Parking structure IF they will be joining you in the parks. I think it's $15 for all day?

I need to change some of the people on the original reservation I booked, and provide the correct addresses (I learned recently this address must match the address on their driver's license). Can I do this through the email form on the website, or do I need to call? (I hate calling!)

Thanks in advance!
I don't know about emailing the website but I would just call the DVC member service. I've always found them very helpful.
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: