DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #1666
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_tlc

From post #1538 :

Thanks to tips from this board, I requested studios 6504, 5504, 4504, 3504, 5510, 4510, 3510, 5516, 4516, 3516 and we got 5504.

mac_tlc
Do you have anypictures

bellaally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #1667
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddysdaddy View Post
Thanks for this.

I should have been less vague in my posting, as this is our 5th trip to DL in the last 4 years (with previous stays at the GC). This will be our first trip ever using the DVC points we purchased last year, so never having stayed at any of the DVC resorts, I was more looking for advice on what I should know as a first-timer about that experience.
I was going to say, use the resort entrance to DCA!

I'm not sure there are any DVC secrets, the villas are certainly nicer than the regular rooms. If you are in a one bedroom or larger, bring some bleach. Fill the jacuzzi and let it run with abou 8 oz of bleach. I do this for any tub in the room that I stay in after I read a thread about dirty plumbing in a tub. I've never had anything gross come out of the jets, but at least I'm sure it's clean.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #1668
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
Do you have anypictures
Check out this thread for views from the villas.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44522663
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #1669
mac_tlc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
Do you have anypictures
We did not stay in a studio -- I found that list in another post. We were in 6502, a one bdr.

Here are some pix from that unit:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4972752...7630036485062/

mac_tlc
'97 OKW (2), VB , '98 OKW(2), VB
'99 WL, OKW(2) , '00 OKW (2), Magic, VB
'01 DLR (DH), VWL, BWV, Magic
’02 OKW, DLR (DH), Magic (11/30 - NOT), CS , '03 OKW, Magic (11/8), VWL,
'04 CS, OKW (2), '05 OKW, '06 SSR, OKW , '07 VWL, OKW (3), VB
'08 DLR (GC), OKW, '09 SSR, BLT,OKW(3)
'10 AKV, BLT (DD wedding) , '11 OKW, SSR, BLT , '12 VGC, FW, BLT, '13 BLT
mac_tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #1670
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddysdaddy View Post
Thanks for this.

I should have been less vague in my posting, as this is our 5th trip to DL in the last 4 years (with previous stays at the GC). This will be our first trip ever using the DVC points we purchased last year, so never having stayed at any of the DVC resorts, I was more looking for advice on what I should know as a first-timer about that experience.
If you are staying long enough to need groceries and don't have a car, Vons will deliver. check out vons.com If you order beer or wine you need to have someone over 21 sign for the groceries. If not, you can have bell services sign for it and they will store and refrigerate the groceries if your villa isn't ready. We've had great luck with them.

Request an upper floor, Paradise Pier park view. I don't know what size villa you have reserved, but other people have linked above to good room numbers to request.

It's the only DVC property we have used so far and I love it. We will be trying SSR in early November for the Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon and then visiting our other home (Aulani) after Thanksgiving.

Enjoy your stay!
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #1671
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechelt

Check out this thread for views from the villas.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44522663
Wow thanks so much these views are awesome need to move to book it

bellaally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #1672
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

I am just starting on research for a possible first trip to DL 5/26-6/2/13. We are WDW vets but what to check out the other side!

We are a family of 5 ages at the time of the trip are DS 13, DD 10, DS 8.

I am looking at the DLH and decided to check out what the cost would be to rent points at the GCH for the 1 bdrm villa. The difference in cost would only be about $500. We'd get more bed space as the DLH is only 2 Queen beds. We'd have another bathroom and of course the kitchen.

For all of you in the know tell me why GCH would be better, or not! Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #1673
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelsGoingToDisney View Post
I am just starting on research for a possible first trip to DL 5/26-6/2/13. We are WDW vets but what to check out the other side!

We are a family of 5 ages at the time of the trip are DS 13, DD 10, DS 8.

I am looking at the DLH and decided to check out what the cost would be to rent points at the GCH for the 1 bdrm villa. The difference in cost would only be about $500. We'd get more bed space as the DLH is only 2 Queen beds. We'd have another bathroom and of course the kitchen.

For all of you in the know tell me why GCH would be better, or not! Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
I'm not sure where you got your price information with a villa being $500 more. That will depend on how much you are able to rent points for. If your dates are set, you need to find someone who owns at GCV who will book your trip in the 7-11 month window or find someone willing to book right when the 7 month window opens up. The villas have been increasingly difficult to get into as they book up very quickly once the 7 month window opens up.

The villa will have a king sized bed in the bedroom as well as a jacuzzi tub and separate shower in the master bath. The living room area will have a pullout couch and a Murphy bed. The living room area also has a bathroom with a shower and you mentioned the kitchen. Vons delivers groceries, so you can cut down on dining costs.

Don't count out the PPH. The rooms are bigger than DLH and the regular rooms at GCH. Each room has two beds as well as a couch that converts to a bed.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #1674
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseflyfisher View Post
I'm not sure where you got your price information with a villa being $500 more. That will depend on how much you are able to rent points for. If your dates are set, you need to find someone who owns at GCV who will book your trip in the 7-11 month window or find someone willing to book right when the 7 month window opens up. The villas have been increasingly difficult to get into as they book up very quickly once the 7 month window opens up.

The villa will have a king sized bed in the bedroom as well as a jacuzzi tub and separate shower in the master bath. The living room area will have a pullout couch and a Murphy bed. The living room area also has a bathroom with a shower and you mentioned the kitchen. Vons delivers groceries, so you can cut down on dining costs.

Don't count out the PPH. The rooms are bigger than DLH and the regular rooms at GCH. Each room has two beds as well as a couch that converts to a bed.
You're right I don't know for sure the availability of the DVC I was comparing the prices from the Disneyland website for the DLH and the point rental cost from David's DVC Rentals. For my dates I would need 243 points @ $13 per point. This difference between the 2 was a little over $500. I would need to actually go through the reservation process with David's to confirm availability. Before I do that I wanted to get the opinions from those of you that have been there.

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #1675
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
You're right I don't know for sure the availability of the DVC I was comparing the prices from the Disneyland website for the DLH and the point rental cost from David's DVC Rentals. For my dates I would need 243 points @ $13 per point. This difference between the 2 was a little over $500. I would need to actually go through the reservation process with David's to confirm availability. Before I do that I wanted to get the opinions from those of you that have been there.
That makes sense! The cost of the DLH will probably be lower than it is to book it on the website right now. There will be some special offer, so at the most GCV will be $500 more. We love the villas, but the hotels are nice. Either way you go, you are at DL!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #1676
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Well with the 1 Br Villa you get a jacuzzi tub. For me that is a HUGE reason to book a 1 Br if you can. I also just love the space. There's only two of us and I still really like having separate rooms. Also with the VGC you have the chance of getting a WOC view room. Not that you would want to only see the show from your room, but it is sure nice to be able to look out the balcony and watch it once you've seen it from the viewing area.

I also love having the kitchen, even if we don't make full blown meals in the room, but sometimes I have. Even if it's just reheating leftovers as a midnight snack. Also the full size refrigerator holds a bottle of wine much better than the mini fridges, not to mention our 12 pack of sodas and bottled water that we bring.

If the option is there, I would stay in the Villas in a heartbeat over a regular room!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #1677
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

While I love the new offer that Claire Bilby scored for WDW PAPs, (and may even take advantage since we're headed to WDW this December and its only a $2 upgrade for DH & I from our current 10 day hoppers,) anybody else feel a little left out for those of us who love our home and DLR?

I wish they would offer a DLR Premium Annual Pass for $399. Heck I'd be happy to get the Deluxe AP for that price instead of $469 for the Deluxe and the Premium for $649. We aren't renewing our Deluxes this year, and mine expires in 2 weeks. Next year I'll be getting an AP (DL) sometime in December then using it for a trip in late 2013, then another trip in 2014, then take another year long break from DL. But the AP prices are out of control on the West Coast, much as I love my home resort and home park ... and there's fewer of us so not as much incentive to offer any discounts for DVC-ers. It may get to the point where I'll consider a *gasp* non-park stay at VGC.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #1678
sechelt
Mouseketeer

We own at GVC so thought I'd check for you.

A 1 bdrm is available for your time frame but for the dates you mentioned, the booking site is saying 291 points. If you can swing it, though, I think it's still worth the extra cost. Think of it as an apartment versus a hotel room. It's got the washer/dryer in the suite and with three kids, you'd probably use them. The full kitchen will be great for keeping tummies full and costs down, especially with a teenage boy's appetite. Don't forget how much closer it is to the parks than DLH, and it has it's own entrance to DCA.

No matter what, you'll love either one, because you'll be at Disney!
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #1679
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
While I love the new offer that Claire Bilby scored for WDW PAPs, (and may even take advantage since we're headed to WDW this December and its only a $2 upgrade for DH & I from our current 10 day hoppers,) anybody else feel a little left out for those of us who love our home and DLR?

I wish they would offer a DLR Premium Annual Pass for $399. Heck I'd be happy to get the Deluxe AP for that price instead of $469 for the Deluxe and the Premium for $649. We aren't renewing our Deluxes this year, and mine expires in 2 weeks. Next year I'll be getting an AP (DL) sometime in December then using it for a trip in late 2013, then another trip in 2014, then take another year long break from DL. But the AP prices are out of control on the West Coast, much as I love my home resort and home park ... and there's fewer of us so not as much incentive to offer any discounts for DVC-ers. It may get to the point where I'll consider a *gasp* non-park stay at VGC.
I totally agree. I would love to see a better discount for the west coast. I hate to say it, but the discount and open availability for WDW DVC just might force us east. Maybe that was the goal?
Old 09-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #1680
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post

I wish they would offer a DLR Premium Annual Pass for $399. Heck I'd be happy to get the Deluxe AP for that price instead of $469 for the Deluxe and the Premium for $649. We aren't renewing our Deluxes this year, and mine expires in 2 weeks.

But the AP prices are out of control on the West Coast, much as I love my home resort and home park ... and there's fewer of us so not as much incentive to offer any discounts for DVC-ers. It may get to the point where I'll consider a *gasp* non-park stay at VGC.
I couldn't agree more. I can't believe how high the Deluxe APs are these days and to only get $20 discount when WDW you can get a $100 discount seems so unfair. Now this new offer.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: