DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #1576
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

How hard is it to get a weekend in December 7 month out? Any weekend. Impossible pretty much?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #1577
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
How hard is it to get a weekend in December 7 month out? Any weekend. Impossible pretty much?
Other than the first weekend when they usually have the CP you would have had a chance right at 7 months for this year. Things seem to be getting tighter and tighter though so it's hard to say how it will be going forward.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #1578
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY

Other than the first weekend when they usually have the CP you would have had a chance right at 7 months for this year. Things seem to be getting tighter and tighter though so it's hard to say how it will be going forward.
Good to know. I don't go to the CP and don't like that weekend anyway because it's so crowded. I tend to like the 2nd weekend.

Thanks!

Last edited by luv2sleep; 07-09-2012 at 11:00 PM.
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #1579
dcfromva

Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Yup...That first weekend is really in demand! We had to make a change to our upcoming reservation involving the first weekend in Dec at about 8.5 months prior and we had to WL one of the nights. (Changes are a bear!)
Last year (first weekend in Dec again) we had a WL for one of the nights due to changes at the 7 month point.--The WL never came through. It is a truly wonderful time to visit.
dcfromva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:34 AM   #1580
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
You are very welcome

Checking in early is a very good idea. When you register, be sure to mention it is your first visit. On my first visit, the Cast Member went into a back room to reassign my room (I did not make a view request in advance).

Although the CM will not tell you your room number, it is printed on the registration form. Look at the room number and request a change, if needed, before signing. It never hurts to ask for a different room, and the CM can spend more time with you since registration will not be busy early Thursday morning.
I just made a 2 day reservations @ VGC for Jan. 4 - 6, would it be okay to call member services now with a list of requested rooms or wait til check in day @ 6 am to make my requests?
I also made a hotel reservation on points for Jan. 3 (the day before the villa stay) Would it also be better to check out ASAP (6am) then check in for villa to get a good room request? I think my family will be doing early morning entry (if available) so we would definitely have somewhere to go while waiting for a room.
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:38 AM   #1581
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
I just made a 2 day reservations @ VGC for Jan. 4 - 6, would it be okay to call member services now with a list of requested rooms or wait til check in day @ 6 am to make my requests?
I also made a hotel reservation on points for Jan. 3 (the day before the villa stay) Would it also be better to check out ASAP (6am) then check in for villa to get a good room request? I think my family will be doing early morning entry (if available) so we would definitely have somewhere to go while waiting for a room.
Just curious, but why do you have to check out that early to check in somewhere else? I don't see why you can't walk over to VGC (everything is pretty close together), check in/register, go back to your room and leisurely check out (by 11am, of course) while waiting until your room is ready?
Old 07-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #1582
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Just curious, but why do you have to check out that early to check in somewhere else? I don't see why you can't walk over to VGC (everything is pretty close together), check in/register, go back to your room and leisurely check out (by 11am, of course) while waiting until your room is ready?
Yes that thought did occur to me but my question was - Would I have a better chance at getting a specific room which I got to choose from OR
it doesn't matter because it luck of the draw? I could technically check out early and just wait at the comfort of my home as well. (only a 30 minute drive away) Hopefully there's no need for that.
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #1583
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
I've been told you haveto make requests upon reservation..but then you hear people making requests at check in and getting it so who knows.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #1584
JimmyJam838
Mouseketeer

HD ABC Station

I just want to check if it us or not, but has anyone else noticed that the High Definition ABC station does not have any sound?

Jay
Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #1585
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Are there any photos of the views from the east-facing DVC units? I had a south-facing (Paradise Pier) view last fall and it was wonderful. How does the east view compare? I have a 2BR reserved for September and would like to put in a request.

Are all the 2BRs dedicated, or are some lock-offs?

Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #1586
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
Are there any photos of the views from the east-facing DVC units? I had a south-facing (Paradise Pier) view last fall and it was wonderful. How does the east view compare? I have a 2BR reserved for September and would like to put in a request.

This thread might help: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2906031

Look for the rooms labeled "Redwood Creek."

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #1587
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
This thread might help: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2906031

Look for the rooms labeled "Redwood Creek."
Thanks - that's what I was looking for!

Stupid Judy.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #1588
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
...I have a 2BR reserved for September and would like to put in a request.

There are 23 dedicated and 23 lockoff. The type is selected when booking
Old 07-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #1589
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
There are 23 dedicated and 23 lockoff. The type is selected when booking
Thanks - it's been a while since I made the booking. I have a 2BR dedicated; I believe this was all that was available at the time. Works for us!

Stupid Judy.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #1590
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Well, as much as I wanted to join you all I think I'm going to have to wait. I was offered 250 points in a June UY today. I could have split it up, however, financially I just can't swing it given that I just bought Aulani points and have this big 2 week cruise coming up. I was planning on those points coming through later. It's great they came through this early for anyone waiting.

I'm very excited about my Aulani points. I reserved a room there for our Oahu stop, am going to AKL for 3 nights before our cruise in March and will travel to stay at Aulani next October for a whole week.

Ciao for now VGC owners. I hope to be back soon!!!

Last edited by luv2sleep; 07-27-2012 at 03:20 PM.
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: