DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #1501
DizDays
DVC & D23 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
FYI - there are no view reservations at VGC like there are at BWV or BLT. So you can't "book a view of the park". It's just a request.

Good luck with your request. We lucked out and got 6504 last year, which faces the park, it was amazing. My friend checked in at 7:00am (she got there the day before) and repeated our request and it was ready at 9:45am!
What size villa is 6504?

DizDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #1502
mac_tlc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDays View Post
What size villa is 6504?
I believe 6504 is a studio.

mac_tlc
'97 OKW (2), VB , '98 OKW(2), VB
'99 WL, OKW(2) , '00 OKW (2), Magic, VB
'01 DLR (DH), VWL, BWV, Magic
’02 OKW, DLR (DH), Magic (11/30 - NOT), CS , '03 OKW, Magic (11/8), VWL,
'04 CS, OKW (2), '05 OKW, '06 SSR, OKW , '07 VWL, OKW (3), VB
'08 DLR (GC), OKW, '09 SSR, BLT,OKW(3)
'10 AKV, BLT (DD wedding) , '11 OKW, SSR, BLT , '12 VGC, FW, BLT, '13 BLT
mac_tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #1503
joelnkelly
Mouseketeer

We just got back from our week long stay at the villas and it was an absolute amazing resort to stay at. anyone who has not yes visited this resort needs to plan at least one trip out to DL. We are DW natives and loved our trip to DL, it felt so different than the world but in a great way. We are already planning our return trip in a few years. First we have to conquer Hawaii!
joelnkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #1504
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

I could use some VGC advice from the "experts." I would like to rent points to stay at VGC for the week of Labor Day 2013. On the rent/trade board I rarely see points for VGC to rent. While I can certainly rent from a non-VGC owner, it means only being able to rent at the 7 month point. Is it realistic that I can book a 1-bedroom for Labor Day week at the 7 month point?

I apologize if in advance if I am posting this on the wrong thread!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)
::danielle:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #1505
panthergirl
Go Carolina Panthers!!

Booking July 7 months out

We are definitely making a trip next July but I have my doubts that there will be any availability. Has anyone had luck booking a two bedroom in the busy summer months at the 7 month window?

Just noticed that the question above is quite similar - sorry for the duplication!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #1506
joelnkelly
Mouseketeer

we booked June at the 7 month mark in a 2 bedroom.
joelnkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #1507
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I know another DISer who got a studio this July at 7 months, so it is possible. Also unless you are booking for something like Carsland opening weekend, waitlists often come through.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #1508
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
I could use some VGC advice from the "experts." I would like to rent points to stay at VGC for the week of Labor Day 2013. On the rent/trade board I rarely see points for VGC to rent. While I can certainly rent from a non-VGC owner, it means only being able to rent at the 7 month point. Is it realistic that I can book a 1-bedroom for Labor Day week at the 7 month point?

I apologize if in advance if I am posting this on the wrong thread!
Labor Day weekend is also when they have the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon. VGC rooms go very quickly then.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #1509
DonnaL
DIS Veteran

We just booked a 1 bdrm for 1/13/13 thru 1/18/13 at VGC.....can't wait....we haven't been to DL before. Actually, I booked it first thing yesterday morning (6/18) an all nights I needed available. Now, to read thru all the posts about DL/California Adventure and VGC!! I've never been one to request specific rooms, however, I do always request a higher floor. For the first time I used the online booking tool and didn't see anywhere I could make a comment regarding requests.....I guess I'd better make a note to call DVC Member Services tomorrow....now to start looking for airfare!!
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:46 AM   #1510
panthergirl
Go Carolina Panthers!!

Thanks for all of the helpful replies. I have some hope! I wasn't able to get all the days I needed when we came out for the D23 Expo last summer but we're avoiding those dates next year. Great thread by the way!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #1511
dis2cruise
Long Island, NY

Thanks everyone for all your quick responses. Mac__tlc, the form you showed me looks great do I fax it to vgc and if so when should I do this

[
[IMG]http://i31
dis2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #1512
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaL View Post
We just booked a 1 bdrm for 1/13/13 thru 1/18/13 at VGC.....can't wait....we haven't been to DL before. Actually, I booked it first thing yesterday morning (6/18) an all nights I needed available. Now, to read thru all the posts about DL/California Adventure and VGC!! I've never been one to request specific rooms, however, I do always request a higher floor. For the first time I used the online booking tool and didn't see anywhere I could make a comment regarding requests.....I guess I'd better make a note to call DVC Member Services tomorrow....now to start looking for airfare!!
Our trips are overlapping! We loved staying in a 1 BR this past January (there are a bunch of pics in my TR).

As far as flights, we're using the points from our Southwest CC to cover most of our airfare, but the schedule for January hasn't been released yet.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #1513
RaeofSunshine14
Earning My Ears

Studio for the 27th

My waitlist for a studio at GCV expired yesterday. Still hoping for a last minute opening! Anyone have a reservation that they're cancelling soon?
RaeofSunshine14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #1514
aymekae
Mouseketeer

Just had to pop in and share that I booked a 1 bedroom at VGC (my first stay ever!) for next January. We'll be staying for 3 nights, and I've invited my brother and his wife, and my sister, to stay with my husband and I. Normally January is our "sisters trip" but I guess the guys were jealous because some are joining us this go around! The other half of the group will be getting their own hotels, though one sister is trying to exchange her timeshare through RCI to stay at VGC, too.

I about kicked myself this evening when I realized my 7 month window opened this morning (at 5 AM PST!) and I forgot to set an alarm or remind myself in any way. But I needn't have worried, all 3 nights were available. Just glad that the NAMM show is one weekend off from the last few years, or we'd be competing with the marathon as well as MLK Jr. Day.

Thanks, nonsuch, for providing an easy template and the room overlays for reference. Trying not to get my family's hopes up, but we'll be checking in early on a Thursday, so I'm hoping we'll get one of the WOC view rooms. If not, that's fine, I know they have another location somewhere to watch.

Ben (32) Ayme (28) Ian (10 mo)

DLR Trips - Last: Sep. 2013 Next: Jan. 2014
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
aymekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #1515
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymekae View Post
Just had to pop in and share that I booked a 1 bedroom at VGC (my first stay ever!) for next January. We'll be staying for 3 nights, and I've invited my brother and his wife, and my sister, to stay with my husband and I. Normally January is our "sisters trip" but I guess the guys were jealous because some are joining us this go around! The other half of the group will be getting their own hotels, though one sister is trying to exchange her timeshare through RCI to stay at VGC, too.

I about kicked myself this evening when I realized my 7 month window opened this morning (at 5 AM PST!) and I forgot to set an alarm or remind myself in any way. But I needn't have worried, all 3 nights were available. Just glad that the NAMM show is one weekend off from the last few years, or we'd be competing with the marathon as well as MLK Jr. Day.

Thanks, nonsuch, for providing an easy template and the room overlays for reference. Trying not to get my family's hopes up, but we'll be checking in early on a Thursday, so I'm hoping we'll get one of the WOC view rooms. If not, that's fine, I know they have another location somewhere to watch.
The NAMM show starts 7 month from today. I had to check last night because I plan on making Kidani reservations, but we need to be here for it, so now my Kidani window won't open until February.

I hope you enjoy your stay there!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: