Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What should we do for our honeymoon?
Keep our reservation at POR and spend our honeymoon money on other things. 19 26.39%
Upgrade our reservation to the Grand Floridian. 9 12.50%
Upgrade our reservation to the Boardwalk. 18 25.00%
Upgrade our reservation to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. 12 16.67%
Upgrade our reservation to another resort. 14 19.44%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2010, 10:55 PM   #31
snorkelyn
Mouseketeer

I voted for "upgrade to another resort", and I suggest The Polynesian. It is lush and tropical and relaxed. During the week, we found the beach and the beach bar area to be pretty quiet (no kids, except ours who were sleeping in the stroller) and we enjoyed watching the fireworks from the beach in a hammock or on a swing, or a private table at the bar. The pool is very nice. And the transportation options are the best you can get- so there was little to no frustration about getting from place to place.

If your doing this right...you'll only get one honeymoon. Do it up! Make it something to remember!

I know you are considering the GF. The Poly is WAYYY more relaxed (and romantic, in my opinion) Some say the GF is stuffy. I agree.

Have fun planning!
snorkelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #32
mousemere
Planning a Disneymoon!

Thanks for all the help, y'all! I finally found this thread again (I'm a newbie here, doi) and I wanted to let everyone know that we are definitely going to upgrade our reservation. We were considering it before, but FH just got a new job and so it's going to be a lot more comfortable for us. I'm feeling really blessed about that this week!

I'm so interested in the WL now - it was something I'd never considered, I don't really know why. But it actually sounds like it might be an amazing option. I think we'd definitely want a woods view, I think that's what I'm seeing on Disney's website with patios out to the gorgeous greenery. But some people said they liked courtyard better? A standard king room with a woods view really isn't all that much, and I just LOVE the idea of our own balcony/patio. That seems really nice and romantic.

Okay, WL is definitely on the list now!

Think I am going to eliminate AKL because of transportation issues, and like someone else said, I am not really into the whole African decor thing, so I don't really know how romantic we'd find it. GF is probably a little stuffy for us, and it's definitely a big price jump, and I'm not sure it's worth spending THAT much extra money.

The Poly is definitely still in the running. My only concern is that you can only get double beds? That seems kind of odd to me?

Boardwalk is also still in, but I'd love to hear from some of y'all who have stayed there. Let me know!

So if you haven't weighed in already -

WL? Boardwalk? Poly?

Let me know your recommendations for specific room types there as well. Y'all are amazing, thanks for everything!!
mousemere is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #33
mousemere
Planning a Disneymoon!

I also wanted to throw Contemporary in the mix - it seems like they've updated it a lot. Anyone have thoughts on it?
mousemere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deluxe, honeymoon, resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: