Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2010, 03:36 AM   #1
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

My Disney Christmas PTR

Hello and thanks for reading! Less than four weeks to go now so here's my pre-trip report...

Cast
Me – 35 Disney lover
DD – 4 Disney Princess
DMIL – 60 (Not been back to DLP since it opened!) Here's a photo...

Where – Hotel New York
When – 3rd – 5th December 2010

So, after our first family trip last September, DH declared himself Disney-ed Out for at least 2 years! As a result DD & I went back in May this year with my Mum and had a girls trip – cold but great fun!! I had resigned myself to no more trips for a while and then... I checked my Airmiles account and noticed a 1500 Airmile voucher I had earned which expired 31.12.10! (I thought it was valid for 12 months) Clearly it would have been foolish to allow the voucher to expire, and it was just enough for DD & I to fly to Paris (how convenient?!) but DH still didn’t want to go. He agreed that DD & I should go but we had to invite his Mum this time. So, I popped the question to Grandma who said yes, and by the end of the week the trip was all booked!!

As it was so unexpected I had no annual leave left to take which meant booking a weekend trip as I don’t work on a Friday. I know it will be crazily busy but as DD is only just 4 the big thrill rides don’t really feature in our itineraries just yet! The parks open at 9am when we’re there so we will have to up early to make the most of EMH, not sure this meets Grandma’s idea of a holiday but I’m working on that! I have mentioned the mulled wine and that seems to be going down well!

We have some must do’s for the trip:
Meeting Santa
Mickey’s Winter Wonderland Show
Christmas Tree & Castle Lighting
Fantillusion
Ice Skating at the hotel
Toy Story Playland
Take photos of Walts Wine List

DD & I are really looking forward to being in the park when it’s dark which will be a first for us! We’re hoping to ride Casey Jr for the first time too – if it’s open! It goes without saying that we will have to ride IASW at least once every day! I’m also planning to get some shopping done this time.

We have more restaurants we want to visit than we have meal times available! Anyway, here is the current meal plan...

Friday lunch – Walt’s Quick Lunch
Friday dinner – Cafe Mickey for pizza
Saturday lunch - Auberge
Saturday dinner – Pizza Planet Buffet
Sunday lunch – Steakhouse Sunday Brunch

I’ve tried to fit a character meal into each day so we’re guaranteed some scrum-free character interaction. I would like to go to Inventions too but that will have to wait until the next trip!

So that’s the plan as it stands, but I keep changing my mind on the meals – not booked anything yet. Any comments or tips on surviving a weekend in the park in December gratefully received!!

Last edited by Mum to Belle; 11-09-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Adding to the must do list!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:19 AM   #2
noodlesmum
DIS Veteran

Sounds fab Can't wait to read your trip report before we go Can I be really cheeky and ask a favour? If you get chance in Walts could you take a photo of the wine list, can't find one anywhere and (though I might have to re-mortgage ) we would like a bottle of champers on our last night in the park. Hope you have a wonderful time
noodlesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
TheTizardFamily:0)
DIS Veteran

sounds like you have a fab trip planned!
I too will be going with my mother in law this year, only i have DH to um, shall we say, back me up?? I joke, she's a lovely lady realy, we just have different opinions on LOTS of things!

Anyway, have a wonderful magical time!! Look forward to reading your TR!

TheTizardFamily:0) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:52 AM   #4
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

that sounds like a fantastic plan. cant wait to hear all about it

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

yaaaaaaaaaaaay sounds like itll be fab!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait for pics!!

one thing tho, when we were there, we went to pizza planet, and it shut at 4pm (even tho park was open til 10pm).... might be worth checking on this as we missed and were gutted as its sposed to be quite nice!!

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:46 AM   #6
paulinefc
From Dublin Ireland. I have caught the disney bug!

So exciting... You have a great list of things to do.. We are going right after you so I too can't wait to read your trip report
I hope you all have a great time
Jan 2013 NYH, 3 nights (the one without the kids)
paulinefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
Mum to Belle

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampbunny View Post
one thing tho, when we were there, we went to pizza planet, and it shut at 4pm (even tho park was open til 10pm).... might be worth checking on this as we missed and were gutted as its sposed to be quite nice!!
Do you know I think I remember reading that... Well that's just another excuse for me to swap the meals around again!!! Auberge should be open in the evening - anyone eaten there in the evening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTizardFamily:0) View Post
I too will be going with my mother in law this year, only i have DH to um, shall we say, back me up?? I joke, she's a lovely lady realy, we just have different opinions on LOTS of things!
LOL! My friends think I'm mad! I suppose time will tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlesmum View Post
Can I be really cheeky and ask a favour? If you get chance in Walts could you take a photo of the wine list, can't find one anywhere and (though I might have to re-mortgage ) we would like a bottle of champers on our last night in the park. Hope you have a wonderful time
Will add it to the list of must-do's!! I took some menu photos last year but wine lists sound much more fun!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #8
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Sounds like it will be a fabulous trip! Can't wait to read your trip report! I love all your restaurant choices....but wondering about quick lunch Walts - that is my absolute favourite Disney Restaurant and cannot imagine making it a quick visit! lol we usually spend an age over our meals there! Enjoy enjoy enjoy

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:05 AM   #9
Mum to Belle

I would love a long, leisurely meal in Walts but I don't think DD would be too keen! She can manage it when there are mice or princesses to keep her entertained though! The quick lunch is supposed to be served in 40 minutes and you get a main course and cafe gourmande (pictures on my girls trip report) we were there just over an hour and got to see the All star Express go by a couple of times. It's really good value too!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:08 AM   #10
Brummig
Mouseketeer

We got back yesterday and have to tell you the Christmas decorations on Main Street are absolutely gorgeous! Santa's grotto was all set up, and looked lovely. Have a fab time!
Brummig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #11
Mum to Belle

Ooooohhh I can't wait to see them!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:32 PM   #12
noodlesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Will add it to the list of must-do's!! I took some menu photos last year but wine lists sound much more fun!
Thank you so much When I called to make our meal reservations I asked about the restaurants open in the evening and the Auberge is one - I think it would be quite magical in the evening and the dark
noodlesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #13
Mum to Belle

Ohhh decisions, decisions! I quite like the idea of Auberge in the evening but I'd want to try and squeeze it in between the tree & castle lighting and the Fantillusion, do you think that's do-able?
Old 11-13-2010, 07:01 AM   #14
loladelorean
The Disney Pro!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
Ohhh decisions, decisions! I quite like the idea of Auberge in the evening but I'd want to try and squeeze it in between the tree & castle lighting and the Fantillusion, do you think that's do-able?
We're just back....trip report and photos coming soon, I'm writing this on the train between London and Glasgow
When the park is open late Fantillusion is 8.30, tree lighting and castle lighting finished around 7. You think an hour and a half would be enough time for your meal?
You're going to have a great time :D Don't know if you already know this or if it will interest you, but the Studios is now open for EMH as well as the main park on Saturdays and Sundays, according to a wee leaflet we got in the hotel.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #15
Mum to Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladelorean View Post
We're just back....trip report and photos coming soon, I'm writing this on the train between London and Glasgow
When the park is open late Fantillusion is 8.30, tree lighting and castle lighting finished around 7. You think an hour and a half would be enough time for your meal?
You're going to have a great time :D Don't know if you already know this or if it will interest you, but the Studios is now open for EMH as well as the main park on Saturdays and Sundays, according to a wee leaflet we got in the hotel.
Ooohhh that's interesting! Which rides in Studios were open for EMH? I'm trying to decide whether Saturday would be best day to do Studios?

I think Auberge is easily 2 - 2 1/2 hour meal!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: