Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
harrowgirl
Mouseketeer

Flounders - 7 month old and 2 1/2 year old.

My baby will be about 7 months old when we cruise in January. I also have a 2 1/2 year old daughter.

A couple questions:

1) Can anyone share their experiences with leaving such a young baby with Flounders (I know lots of smaller babies get left there - but I am such a nervous nelly!)

2) I don't mean to sound boastful, but my older daughter is pretty advanced for her age - I think she might fit in better with the 3 year olds. Can she spend time in the Oceaneer club?
harrowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
familyfun5
Mouseketeer

I do not know about the 2 ½ year old, but I do have experience with the young ones. Our kids have only been with either grandma or the DCL nursery. No other day care or baby sitter.

1st) Oct 2008, DS 12 weeks 4 night Wonder. Loved the nursery they were wonderful.

2nd) Oct 2009 DS 16 mo DD 3 mo; Both kids had a great time. This was on the Magic, did not enjoy the staff as much. Having the babies seemed more like a chore for the CMs.

3rd) Jan 2010 DS now 18mo and DD 6mo; Also on the Magic, some of the same people a couple new ones. This seemed better than a couple months before. The 18 mo was starting to seem a little board. He did alright and even would go eagerly after the first time but still seemed a bit board after an hour. The CMs really tried to engage him and the nursery was full most of the time. We took him to the kids club to run around and I could just picture the kids running over him as they did with us standing right there. If he was going down a slide they just shoved him to the side, took anything he was playing with and just ran over him.

Now, Jan 2011, DS will be 2 ½ and DD 1 ½ . I am also concerned with the 2 ½ year old who is potty trained, for the most part. I will be bringing them both to the kids club with us present but will likely not leave DS there. The kids were pretty rough and though the supervision was good for the older kids, I would not depend on the CM’s to monitor the older kids to let my little one get to go down the slide. DS will have the nursery near nap or bed time.
familyfun5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
harrowgirl
Mouseketeer

bumping
harrowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

You will be able to take your 2½yo into the club to play, you just check in at the desk and then you can stay with her. If she's completely potty trained then it will be up to the OC staff if she will be able to stay there without you being there.
I've read other reports on here where parents have taken a 2yo to Flounders and the CM's have taken them to the club to play. That may vary depending on the amount of kids in the nursery when your 2½yo is there, depending on if you even pay for her to be there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: