Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
*TheWigs*
Mouseketeer

How hard to get Palo or Remy for First Timer?

OK...I know all the ins and outs for getting dining ressies at WDW, but this upcoming cruise already has me panicky! As a first time cruiser I think I have it right that I can book at the 75 day mark, right? We are booked for a Nov 27 cruise on the Dream, so I have a while to worry! My big question is am I just dreaming to get a ressie at Palo or Remy for 4 adults since so many other cruisers can book much earlier? We can be COMPETELY flexible on times, so hopefully that maximizes our chances. We booked thru DreamsUnlimited, but it is my understanding I can sign in to our cruise page and book online, right? Thanks everyone for helping a lost (and worry-wart) newbie!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
dylan'smom
DIS Veteran

If it works the same way that Palo always has, there will be some bookings held back for those to book first thing after boarding.

It will most likely book quickly but I'm fairly confident you will be able to find something available during your cruise, if maybe not necessarily your first choice.

Hope this helps a wee bit...

19 on DCL, so far: MAGICal voyages: Jun'01(7), Oct'01(7), Jun'03(7), Nov'04(7), Jun'06(7), Jun'07(11), Jun'09(7), Apr'10(14), Jun'10(12), May'11 B2B(25), Sep'11(14); WONDERful cruises: Oct'10(3), Dec'11(7), Apr'12(15 Hawaii); 1 DREAMy cruise Mar'11; +1 FANTAStical voyage Jul'12(7)..& back to the MAGIC Sept 22th Galveston inaugural +B2B Sept. 29th, next year DS's Graduation Cruise- either the Greece Med or EBTA...tbd
dylan'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
*TheWigs*
Mouseketeer

thanks!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
DisPhan
Earning My Ears

Smile

I noticed we are booked on the same cruise!

Have you checked out the board for Cruise Meets? People from a particular cruise get together to discuss it and/or plan for themselves or for group activities. Ours is already established.

Here is where the forum is:

Go to Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets > Find your 2011 Dream Cruise Meet LINK here >11/27/2011 (sorry... I can't post links yet)

Hope you join!
DisPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
BerettaX
Earning My Ears

its not hard at all. You just def. dont want to wait till the last minute. My huband and I scheduled it right when we got all our stuff checked in on board. It was the first thing we did. There was a pretty long line, but we got right in, and when we were at Palo that night, there were still plenty of open tables around us. Just don't decide the night before you want to eat there to schedule it and you should be ok.

Disney Cruise - 9/07
BerettaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #6
two-foxes

Love a man in a suit!!!

IMO, Palo BRUNCH is the only tricky one to get on a 4 nighter....just because it is only offered on one day. I bet you will be just fine for dinner at Palo.

I am curious about how well Remy will do and how quickly it will book up. Although I am sure the food will be amazing, I am just curious how many people will be turned off by the price point. I know it was a factor for us. Throw in some wine and you are looking at $100+ per person easily, and that is before any additional tip is given! That is just about one extra massage
two-foxes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: