DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Jaylie
Mouseketeer

DVC AP renewal

I'm not sure if this is the place for this question, but our AP will be up on December 6th. I think we will renew, but not sure when I have to do that and where. Please help! We go 2-4 times per year so the AP is definitely worth it for us. Thanks.
Jaylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

You can renew up to 60 days before and up to 30 days after the expiration date of your AP. You can renew by calling MS, the passholder hotline (407-560-PASS) or on-line via the passholder website (disneyworld.com/passholder). If you are going to be at WDW during the renewal window, you can do it in person at a theme park ticket window or guest relations location.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
Brandis
DIS Veteran

Is there a benefit in renewing as opposed to just buy a new one whenever it is first needed?
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandis View Post
Is there a benefit in renewing as opposed to just buy a new one whenever it is first needed?
The renewal price for the regular DVC AP is $45 less than the price of a new DVC AP.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandis View Post
If you will have large gap between the date the AP expires and your next vacation at WDW, it might be better to wait and just purchase a new AP. For example, our annual passes expire February 28, 2011, but out next trip is not until June, 2011. We do not plan to renew our AP because we want the AP year to end in June 2012, not February 2012, so we can get three visits to WDW on the same AP.

An regular AP for adult costs $531.44 less the $100 DVC discount = $431.44
(a child is $479.25 - $100 = 379.25)

A renewal costs $488.84 for an adult and $441.98 for a child. I believe you still get a DVC discount on top of the discount, otherwise, no DVC member would bother to purchase a renewal. Can someone confirm that DVC members get a discount on a renewal too?

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
If you will have large gap between the date the AP expires and your next vacation at WDW, it might be better to wait and just purchase a new AP. For example, our annual passes expire February 28, 2011, but out next trip is not until June, 2011. We do not plan to renew our AP because we want the AP year to end in June 2012, not February 2012, so we can get three visits to WDW on the same AP.

A renewal costs $488.84 for an adult and $441.98 for a child. I believe you still get a DVC discount on top of the discount, otherwise, no DVC member would bother to purchase a renewal. Can someone confirm that DVC members get a discount on a renewal too?
The DVC renewal price is $377 incl tax for adults vs $425 for a new one.

http://allears.net/pl/ticketchart.htm#other
Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I got a notice in the mail that said if I renewed I would get $47 off the pass. I will be renewing in person at WDW on December 9 (pass expires December 8). I wonder if the offer on the notice applies to DVC renewals. That would bring it down to $330. With the application of Disney Reward Dollars I'd be paying out of pocket a total of $50 for the renewal.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #8
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
The renewal price for the regular DVC AP is $45 less than the price of a new DVC AP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
. . . . .

So it does appear that you do get the $100 DVC discount on a renewal, because a DVC renewal would cost about $42.60 less than a new DVC AP based on the figures I picked up off the WDW website.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #9
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I got a notice in the mail that said if I renewed I would get $47 off the pass. I will be renewing in person at WDW on December 9 (pass expires December 8). I wonder if the offer on the notice applies to DVC renewals. That would bring it down to $330. With the application of Disney Reward Dollars I'd be paying out of pocket a total of $50 for the renewal.
Are you sure they are not just talking about the savings between a new DVC pass and a renewal?

The difference between those two is already about $47 already ($377 VS. $425).

I know I got something from a company once about a discount and when I called about it, it was the same one I was already getting. That is great if you are truly getting an additional discount--something that would get me to renew next time instead of just buying new.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #10
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
Are you sure they are not just talking about the savings between a new DVC pass and a renewal?

I know I got something from a company once about a discount and when I called about it, it was the same one I was already getting. That is great if you are truly getting an additional discount--something that would get me to renew next time instead of just buying new.
I agree - it's $47 off compared to a new pass. $377 is the final price incl tax for DVC members for a renewal.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Tell me if my thinking is right: My Ap expires on Dec 9, 2010. If I call them on January 8 or 9 2011 I can get the renewal discount and then use the pass for my trips in Jan (10-19), July and December 2011? I assume the Ap renewed pass if activated the moment of renewal? Do I call MS for the renewal and pick up the card at the Will Call window?
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #12
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
Tell me if my thinking is right: My Ap expires on Dec 9, 2010. If I call them on January 8 or 9 2011 I can get the renewal discount and then use the pass for my trips in Jan (10-19), July and December 2011? I assume the Ap renewed pass if activated the moment of renewal? Do I call MS for the renewal and pick up the card at the Will Call window?
You can renew up to 60 days before and up to 30 days after the expiration of your AP. If you renew, the renewal date is based on your original expiration date. In your case, the renewed AP would expire on 12/9/2011.

You can renew by calling MS, the passholder hotline (407-560-PASS), or on-line at the passholder website (disneyworld.com/passholder).
Old 11-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #13
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post

Indeed - that is probably what they meant. Rather like when they write that you will save (up to) 20% with the dining plan.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #14
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
Your renewal would expire December 9, 2011. You can order it in advance through DVC or online (pay for it then) or just get it at the window (pay then).
Old 11-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #15
pmcpmc

Bite Me I'm Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
You can renew up to 60 days before and up to 30 days after the expiration of your AP. If you renew, the renewal date is based on your original expiration date. In your case, the renewed AP would expire on 12/9/2011.

You can renew by calling MS, the passholder hotline (407-560-PASS), or on-line at the passholder website (disneyworld.com/passholder).
and as we do every year at the back doors of Epcot walking from our home in Bwv.
We were pleasently surprised last year to be offered 15 months instead of 12month .
This has given us two years of three weeks in July.
pmcpmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: