DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Jaylie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 481

DVC AP renewal

I'm not sure if this is the place for this question, but our AP will be up on December 6th. I think we will renew, but not sure when I have to do that and where. Please help! We go 2-4 times per year so the AP is definitely worth it for us. Thanks.
Jaylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran
 
erionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 13,084

You can renew up to 60 days before and up to 30 days after the expiration date of your AP. You can renew by calling MS, the passholder hotline (407-560-PASS) or on-line via the passholder website (disneyworld.com/passholder). If you are going to be at WDW during the renewal window, you can do it in person at a theme park ticket window or guest relations location.
__________________
Michael
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
Brandis
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 1,419

Is there a benefit in renewing as opposed to just buy a new one whenever it is first needed?
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
erionm
DIS Veteran
 
erionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 13,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandis View Post
Is there a benefit in renewing as opposed to just buy a new one whenever it is first needed?
The renewal price for the regular DVC AP is $45 less than the price of a new DVC AP.
__________________
Michael
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
DenLo
DIS Veteran
 
DenLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Missouri City, TX
Posts: 4,972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandis View Post
Is there a benefit in renewing as opposed to just buy a new one whenever it is first needed?
If you will have large gap between the date the AP expires and your next vacation at WDW, it might be better to wait and just purchase a new AP. For example, our annual passes expire February 28, 2011, but out next trip is not until June, 2011. We do not plan to renew our AP because we want the AP year to end in June 2012, not February 2012, so we can get three visits to WDW on the same AP.

An regular AP for adult costs $531.44 less the $100 DVC discount = $431.44
(a child is $479.25 - $100 = 379.25)

A renewal costs $488.84 for an adult and $441.98 for a child. I believe you still get a DVC discount on top of the discount, otherwise, no DVC member would bother to purchase a renewal. Can someone confirm that DVC members get a discount on a renewal too?
__________________
--Denise

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 47,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
If you will have large gap between the date the AP expires and your next vacation at WDW, it might be better to wait and just purchase a new AP. For example, our annual passes expire February 28, 2011, but out next trip is not until June, 2011. We do not plan to renew our AP because we want the AP year to end in June 2012, not February 2012, so we can get three visits to WDW on the same AP.

An regular AP for adult costs $531.44 less the $100 DVC discount = $431.44
(a child is $479.25 - $100 = 379.25)

A renewal costs $488.84 for an adult and $441.98 for a child. I believe you still get a DVC discount on top of the discount, otherwise, no DVC member would bother to purchase a renewal. Can someone confirm that DVC members get a discount on a renewal too?
The DVC renewal price is $377 incl tax for adults vs $425 for a new one.

http://allears.net/pl/ticketchart.htm#other
__________________
DebbieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,269
DISboards Moderator

I got a notice in the mail that said if I renewed I would get $47 off the pass. I will be renewing in person at WDW on December 9 (pass expires December 8). I wonder if the offer on the notice applies to DVC renewals. That would bring it down to $330. With the application of Disney Reward Dollars I'd be paying out of pocket a total of $50 for the renewal.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #8
DenLo
DIS Veteran
 
DenLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Missouri City, TX
Posts: 4,972

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
The renewal price for the regular DVC AP is $45 less than the price of a new DVC AP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
. . . . .

An regular AP for adult costs $531.44 less the $100 DVC discount = $431.44
(a child is $479.25 - $100 = 379.25)

A renewal costs $488.84 for an adult and $441.98 for a child. I believe you still get a DVC discount on top of the discount, otherwise, no DVC member would bother to purchase a renewal. Can someone confirm that DVC members get a discount on a renewal too?
So it does appear that you do get the $100 DVC discount on a renewal, because a DVC renewal would cost about $42.60 less than a new DVC AP based on the figures I picked up off the WDW website.
__________________
--Denise

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #9
Sandisw
Moderator
 
Sandisw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 9,690
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I got a notice in the mail that said if I renewed I would get $47 off the pass. I will be renewing in person at WDW on December 9 (pass expires December 8). I wonder if the offer on the notice applies to DVC renewals. That would bring it down to $330. With the application of Disney Reward Dollars I'd be paying out of pocket a total of $50 for the renewal.
Are you sure they are not just talking about the savings between a new DVC pass and a renewal?

The difference between those two is already about $47 already ($377 VS. $425).

I know I got something from a company once about a discount and when I called about it, it was the same one I was already getting. That is great if you are truly getting an additional discount--something that would get me to renew next time instead of just buying new.
__________________
Sandi



Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #10
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 47,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
Are you sure they are not just talking about the savings between a new DVC pass and a renewal?

The difference between those two is already about $47 already ($377 VS. $425).

I know I got something from a company once about a discount and when I called about it, it was the same one I was already getting. That is great if you are truly getting an additional discount--something that would get me to renew next time instead of just buying new.
I agree - it's $47 off compared to a new pass. $377 is the final price incl tax for DVC members for a renewal.
__________________
DebbieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
quandrea
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,476

Tell me if my thinking is right: My Ap expires on Dec 9, 2010. If I call them on January 8 or 9 2011 I can get the renewal discount and then use the pass for my trips in Jan (10-19), July and December 2011? I assume the Ap renewed pass if activated the moment of renewal? Do I call MS for the renewal and pick up the card at the Will Call window?
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #12
erionm
DIS Veteran
 
erionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 13,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
Tell me if my thinking is right: My Ap expires on Dec 9, 2010. If I call them on January 8 or 9 2011 I can get the renewal discount and then use the pass for my trips in Jan (10-19), July and December 2011? I assume the Ap renewed pass if activated the moment of renewal? Do I call MS for the renewal and pick up the card at the Will Call window?
You can renew up to 60 days before and up to 30 days after the expiration of your AP. If you renew, the renewal date is based on your original expiration date. In your case, the renewed AP would expire on 12/9/2011.

You can renew by calling MS, the passholder hotline (407-560-PASS), or on-line at the passholder website (disneyworld.com/passholder).
__________________
Michael
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #13
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,269
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
Are you sure they are not just talking about the savings between a new DVC pass and a renewal?

The difference between those two is already about $47 already ($377 VS. $425).

I know I got something from a company once about a discount and when I called about it, it was the same one I was already getting. That is great if you are truly getting an additional discount--something that would get me to renew next time instead of just buying new.
Indeed - that is probably what they meant. Rather like when they write that you will save (up to) 20% with the dining plan.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #14
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 47,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
Tell me if my thinking is right: My Ap expires on Dec 9, 2010. If I call them on January 8 or 9 2011 I can get the renewal discount and then use the pass for my trips in Jan (10-19), July and December 2011? I assume the Ap renewed pass if activated the moment of renewal? Do I call MS for the renewal and pick up the card at the Will Call window?
Your renewal would expire December 9, 2011. You can order it in advance through DVC or online (pay for it then) or just get it at the window (pay then).
__________________
DebbieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #15
pmcpmc


Bite Me I'm Irish
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: BELFAST IRELAND
Posts: 1,858

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
You can renew up to 60 days before and up to 30 days after the expiration of your AP. If you renew, the renewal date is based on your original expiration date. In your case, the renewed AP would expire on 12/9/2011.

You can renew by calling MS, the passholder hotline (407-560-PASS), or on-line at the passholder website (disneyworld.com/passholder).
and as we do every year at the back doors of Epcot walking from our home in Bwv.
We were pleasently surprised last year to be offered 15 months instead of 12month .
This has given us two years of three weeks in July.
pmcpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: