Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #16
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

I really like #5, the last one!
Very pretty!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL December 2004 - DLR: Offsite December 2005 - DLR: Offsite August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010 - WDW: POP Century November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation UPCOMING: May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #17
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Love the dresses!!!
I think number 1 is my favourite
Lucky girl to be getting two dresses!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2010, 11:45 AM   #18
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Hi just joining in!! I love your 'kids' they are all sooo cute! Funny thing too, my cat talks like Stewie from Family Guy too!

I love dress #1...it looked beautiful on you! Dress #2 is different and again, looked gorgeous on you! I also really liked dress #4 but def think its best for the evening...you need a real princess dress for the day!! I flew over to Florida from the UK in April to buy my dress from DB and it cost soooo much less than getting one back home! They were sooo great and I got everything but the shoes!!

KitKat5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #19
donald&daisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat5 View Post
Hi just joining in!! I love your 'kids' they are all sooo cute! Funny thing too, my cat talks like Stewie from Family Guy too!

I love dress #1...it looked beautiful on you! Dress #2 is different and again, looked gorgeous on you! I also really liked dress #4 but def think its best for the evening...you need a real princess dress for the day!! I flew over to Florida from the UK in April to buy my dress from DB and it cost soooo much less than getting one back home! They were sooo great and I got everything but the shoes!!
I wonder how many people think their cat talks like Stewie? I think dresses number 1 and 4 are my faves. Although 4 is pretty....You're smart to buy your dress over here! I've read other UK bride's planning journals and almost fell over because of the price differential!
Offsite Spring Break '05 Offsite Spring Break '06 POR Chistmas '06 Pop/ASMU/OKW Summer '07 CBR Summer '08 Royal Pacific & AKL October 2010 Beach Club Villas November 2011 DFTW-Beach Club & Boardwalk April 2012!

My DFTW Planning Journal
donald&daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #20
*Pixiedust1438*
DIS Veteran

Love the first dress! I went to David's last week and also thought it was so affordable, but I will add I liked a lot of dresses there until I went somewhere else, and then, not so much. lol. But I think the first dress is beautiful on you and very flattering.
89'Polynesian 91'Caribbean Beach/Polynesian 95'Polynesian 99'BeachClub/Polynesian/Contemporary 00'Polynesian 02'Caribbean Beach 05'Contemporary 06'All Star Sports 08'All Star Movies 09'Disney Wonder 10'Pop Century 11'Grand Floridian/Wilderness Lodge & Wedding
13'All Star Movies
*Pixiedust1438* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #21
donald&daisy
DIS Veteran

I haven't really done much wedding related stuff lately. However, we should be able to book this coming Tuesday (21st) so I will update once everything is official! I did start making a website today on weddingwire.com. I will share it once I get more than just our names on it, lol. I hope everyone is having fun getting ready for the holidays!
Offsite Spring Break '05 Offsite Spring Break '06 POR Chistmas '06 Pop/ASMU/OKW Summer '07 CBR Summer '08 Royal Pacific & AKL October 2010 Beach Club Villas November 2011 DFTW-Beach Club & Boardwalk April 2012!

My DFTW Planning Journal
Old 12-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #22
Firefly09
going through Disney withdrawals

dunno if you're still looking for dresses but I vote for dress #1!!! But I might be slightly biased as my decision came down to that one and another
Firefly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #23
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

I love dress #1 for you! I think it's princess-y without being over the top princess-y.

I got my dress at David's, despite hearing horror stories from a lot of people. My mom called me up on a Monday to see if I wanted to start looking for dresses and meet her at David's after work. We had no intention of buying. I came out of there with a dress and so did she We had no appointment when we went, and our service was phenomenal. We went to a different David's near where my sister lives to get her MOH dress and had a similarly positive experience.

1987 Off-property; 2008 Off-property; June 2011 DFTW!!! POR & Off-property; December 2011 POP; June 2012 POP; June 2013 POP; December 2013 AoA
geek+nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:48 AM   #24
donald&daisy
DIS Veteran

Wooohoo!! We got our date/times/venues! I was nervous and emailed my consultant around 12 and he told me they already did a lottery (yikes!) and that I got the spaces I wanted. What a relief. I guess I have to wait until the 12 month mark to book Sago Cay for our dessert party, but I'm not really worried about that. I would even make do with an Illuminations party if needed.

I will try to share some STDs that I am thinking about ordering over the next couple of days. Today is my last day of work til Monday--yay!!

I'm glad everyone likes dress #1; it's my favorite too. I'm probably going to wait until a year out to start dress shopping in earnest. I'm afraid if I buy too early I will be one of those brides that ends up with 3 dresses, lol.

My DFTW Planning Journal
Old 12-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #25
donald&daisy
DIS Veteran

Possible Save the Dates

Here are some STDs I found on Etsy that I really like. I want our theme to be tropical/nautical. Which to me means bright colors, sea life, and tropical flowers. Almost like living in a Jimmy Buffett song

I think these STDs would fit our theme perfectly...what do you think???

My DFTW Planning Journal
Old 12-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #26
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting your date!!!!

I love dress #1 as well, it looks fabulous! I actually went to David's Bridal yesterday and the "ruffle explosion" is one of my favorites! It is so unique!

Love the save the dates too!! and did I mention I love all your "furry kids" too?

Hope you have a wonderful new year and look forward to your plans!!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #27
donald&daisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t_angel View Post
Congrats on getting your date!!!!

I love dress #1 as well, it looks fabulous! I actually went to David's Bridal yesterday and the "ruffle explosion" is one of my favorites! It is so unique!

Love the save the dates too!! and did I mention I love all your "furry kids" too?

Hope you have a wonderful new year and look forward to your plans!!
Thanks! I hope you had a good new year's too!

So, I am feeling very anxious about booking a date for our planning session. I know the dates we want to go are Nov. 6-13, but I am afraid that since it is the week of 11/11/11 DFTW will be super busy and won't be able to fit in my PS. I like the 6-13 because it is the last week of the Food and Wine Festival, the 12th is my bday, and the 11th is Veteran's Day which means I dont have to use an extra vacation day. We really want to stay at the Boardwalk or Beach Club b/c of the proximity to EPCOT and we haven't ever stayed there before. I would highly prefer to rent points but I don't want to do that until I know we can have our PS--otherwise it is a wasted trip. I guess I will email my consultant and see what he thinks. I hope it won't be a big deal....I mean if we are there a week, surely they can fit us in, right???

Decisions, decisions! I found a cake server set that I really like on Etsy. I am kind of on the fence about ordering it though. I just don't really see us using it again and I think that DFTW provides one if you don't bring your own. Seems like it would just be one more thing in the drawer after the wedding...BUT it is really pretty...here's a pic:

I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year!!!

My DFTW Planning Journal
Old 01-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #28
donald&daisy
DIS Veteran

Planning Session Trip Booked!!

So I have exciting news….we booked a trip for November to do our planning session! Woohoo!! It was silly to worry about it in the first place. I emailed my consultant on Monday and by the end of the week he was able to have my PS and tasting scheduled for November 8th!!! This was a big relief, so I went ahead and rented points to stay Nov. 6 to Nov. 13! That includes my birthday and the Food and Wine Festival, yay!!! We are staying at the Beach Club Villas which will be a first for us. I am really looking forward to the proximity of EPCOT. Now we get to start the fun part of deciding where all we will eat….anyone have any suggestions? Also, if anyone has any Food and Wine Festival tips, I would love to hear them!
So, that was my big development for the week. My consultant hasn’t mentioned anything else about doing our room block, but I figure I’m kind of in another holding pattern until at least April when I should get an actual planner assigned. For fun I took some images I have been collecting and made a collage. Hopefully this gives a good idea of the look we are going for….very tropical/nautical. I am also looking into an aisle runner….I kind of want to cover most of the aisle carpet and use petals on the perimeter. I like the idea of using big palm leaf arrangements (a la Lurkyloo) mixed with birds of paradise at the ends of the aisle. We will each only have 2 attendants so I think it would frame everything nicely. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

My DFTW Planning Journal
Old 01-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #29
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald&daisy View Post
Decisions, decisions! I found a cake server set that I really like on Etsy. I am kind of on the fence about ordering it though.
Love the cake server as it fits your theme and colors, but if you are crafty at all...this is super easy to make yourself. All you need is to purchase an inexpensive cake serving set (or one that you like with a plain handle), then go to Michaels/Hobby Lobby and get some wire and beads. Next string the beads onto the wire and wrap around the handles. You might consider pricing "doing it yourself" versus purchasing it to see if it is worth doing yourself or buying it. I have made serving spoons like this and it really is a pretty simple craft project.

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #30
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Just hopping on--- love all your stuff so far!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: