Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #121
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

That update brought a tear to my eye! The way you described Wendy reading to John and Michael...we all know how fleeting those moments are don't we? The hair on my neck stood up as I read it.....great job!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #122
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Jenny - you've got to tell me when you start new things! I rarely look through the boards anymore. I click on my subscriptions and away I go. Had no idea you'd started a new TR. Off to get caught up.

How is the training going?

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #123
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up! What a fun trip so far! You're getting me all excited for January.

That lady at the airport is too funny!

What perfect costumes for your gang - they looked fabulous!

And how cool that Michael was able to pull out the sword again. Awesome!

Old 11-23-2010, 07:32 AM   #124
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
That update brought a tear to my eye! The way you described Wendy reading to John and Michael...we all know how fleeting those moments are don't we? The hair on my neck stood up as I read it.....great job!!!!
I saw this in my email (didn't get the email of the update) and couldn't wait to read the update. That brought a tear to my eye also. What a great moment.

As far as the pics with Minnie and Mickey, I think a Photopass Photographer needs to adjust their camera settings. I agree the lighting must be really off, but I would think the camera's they use would fix it. IMO

And I love Peter on the Speedway. He looks so excited.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012

900 Miles, 5 Parks, 2 Resorts, 6 ADR's, and 3 days of Celebration!!! August 2012 TR I love SWW and SW Celebrations...does that mean I am a geek? A PTR of a SW family August 2012. Adventures of a DisneyWORLDholic!
That's it...we moved to Florida to be close to Mickey TR with daily TR's and other Florida Fun!
My DSD came to visit and didn't want to go to WDW with us??? My July 14-21st TR with Busch Gardens, Universal, and of course, WDW.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:13 AM   #125
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Time really does pass quickly. I love Disney because it gives you those moments to remember and hold on to! Wendy is already 10. Before I can blink she's going to be 18 like Jasmine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Jenny - you've got to tell me when you start new things! I rarely look through the boards anymore. I click on my subscriptions and away I go. Had no idea you'd started a new TR. Off to get caught up.

How is the training going?
Sorry. This trip report was supposed to just be a quick one because we only stayed 3 days, but I haven't been able to get updates up as quickly as in the past so it's getting dragged out too. So you aren't very late at all. Training is going well, but it sure is time consuming! I ran 16 miles on Saturday and it took my around 3 1/2 hours. Then I was wiped out the rest of the day too. But only 7 more weeks to go and hopefully it's all worth it when I'm wearing the Mickey medal around my neck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I'm all caught up! What a fun trip so far! You're getting me all excited for January.

That lady at the airport is too funny!

What perfect costumes for your gang - they looked fabulous!

And how cool that Michael was able to pull out the sword again. Awesome!
The airport lady definitely started the trip out right for us And the costumes turned out great! Wouldn't it be crazy if Michael pulled the sword out again on our next trip. I'm pretty doubtful that will happen. The other times I wasn't even thinking he would so as soon as I start thinking it can happen you know that it won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
I saw this in my email (didn't get the email of the update) and couldn't wait to read the update. That brought a tear to my eye also. What a great moment.

As far as the pics with Minnie and Mickey, I think a Photopass Photographer needs to adjust their camera settings. I agree the lighting must be really off, but I would think the camera's they use would fix it. IMO

And I love Peter on the Speedway. He looks so excited.
You are probably right about the photographer. He should just pay better attention to his settings. But we all know that with photopass photographers there are some good ones and some not so good ones I'm glad you mentioned the Speedway picture because I hadn't looked closely at it. You are right DH doesn't look to happy. He feels the same way about Stinky Cars that I do
Old 11-23-2010, 10:32 AM   #126
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Training is going well, but it sure is time consuming! I ran 16 miles on Saturday and it took my around 3 1/2 hours. Then I was wiped out the rest of the day too. But only 7 more weeks to go and hopefully it's all worth it when I'm wearing the Mickey medal around my neck!
I know how time consuming it is just doing my "long" runs so I can only imagine how much more so it is for you! You're doing great and I know it will all be worth it.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #127
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
OK, OK. I'll do my best to watch the Tink movies. I should head on over to Netflix and add them to my queue (Do you have Netflix on that side of the Pond?)
Good good I don't think we can get Netflix, but we have an account with Lovefilm which is kinda like Blockbusters but they post us films and we post them back

Loving the update, what a sweet moment at the Peter Pan ride, its so lovely that there will always be that one special ride and moment when you can go back and it really really means something to you
Old 11-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #128
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

What an awesome time you had!!! I'm sure the Darling Family costumes were a huge hit at Peter Pan!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 11-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #129
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Good good I don't think we can get Netflix, but we have an account with Lovefilm which is kinda like Blockbusters but they post us films and we post them back

Loving the update, what a sweet moment at the Peter Pan ride, its so lovely that there will always be that one special ride and moment when you can go back and it really really means something to you
Lovefilm sounds pretty much exactly like Netflix. The Peter Pan ride was special this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
What an awesome time you had!!! I'm sure the Darling Family costumes were a huge hit at Peter Pan!

Amanda
We did have an awesome time!
Old 11-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #131
dismagiclover

Quote:
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.....I hope it's wonderful!!!!
Thanks! We had a wonderful day, but I'm still feeling tired. Way too much food! Hope your day was fabulous too
Old 11-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #132
dismagiclover

Chasing Hook and Fireworks

So our next quest of the night was to find Captain Hook. I’d read before the trip that he was out roaming in Adventureland. So we headed that way. On the way we stopped at a Treat Spot to pick up more candy. This was my favorite Treat Spot of the trip. It wasn’t very busy and we had some great interaction with the CM’s. They knew exactly who we were and even knew John and Michael’s names. The best part for me came when they told Peter he had to crow for them. Now in our normal lives DH would never crow. He is way too grown up for that. Everyone knows that I am the child in the relationship. Disney brings out DH’s inner child though. So here I was looking at my 40 year old generally serious lawyer husband and what do I hear. The best rooster crow I’ve ever heard! Even the CM’s were impressed and declared him to be the real Peter Pan. I just grinned from ear to ear! I know Peter Pan is always in there and I love Disney World for bringing him out.
So after this fabulous moment we went on the hunt for Captain Hook. And we found him. We hopped in a short line to try and meet him and what did he do. He walked away from us. I guess roaming characters are not supposed to let lines form. So we tried chasing him down. That didn’t work either. Overall I have to say this was the biggest disappointment of the night. I think we chased him all over Adventureland and he never acknowledged us. I was hoping for some great interaction between him and Peter. I was also hoping for a great picture of Captain Hook, Peter and the kids. Never happened. It was a tad bit upsetting to John as well. He had brought a toy crocodile to scare Captain Hook with. At one point he tried to show it to him, but again he was just ignored. I hope he just had obstructed vision. During all of the Captain Hook chasing we did see Smee. He was a bit more interactive. I said to him, “Smee you remember your old friend Peter Pan.” He nodded and went to shake Peter’s hand. Then he faked him out and bonked him on the head. I managed to get a quick shot of Smee.

So overall my review of these roaming characters is negative. Sure you don’t have to wait in line, but it is also very difficult to get any interaction. I would have much preferred waiting in a line.
So fireworks time was approaching. Michael by this point was getting quite tired and the other kids were clamoring for something to eat. So I figured we’d head over to Main Street and find a spot and then we’d get something to eat from Casey’s. Amazingly I noticed there was an open bench on the Crystal Palace porch. I couldn’t believe it, but I didn’t complain. We grabbed the bench and I went and picked up some corn nuggets and French fries. Michael went to sleep in the stroller and the rest of us sat on the bench and enjoyed the show. It was a good show. Fun to hear all the villains competing. Here are a few shots. The first two are my own and the good ones came with the Photopass CD

It wasn’t a perfect view (mainly because they didn’t turn out the porch lights), but we were sitting on an uncrowded bench instead of being jammed amid zillions of people so it was great for us. After the fireworks were over everyone was tired, but I wasn’t leaving without seeing the parade. And Wendy didn’t want to leave without doing some shopping. So we browsed our way through the stores to the end of Main Street. Then when we reached the end of the stores we plopped ourselves down on the curb and waited for the 2nd parade.

Last edited by dismagiclover; 11-26-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #133
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

WOW, those are some awesome fireworks shots!

ETA: Oh wait, might help if I learn to read...are the last 2 fireworks pictures the Photopass ones or your own? Either way they're amazing.

Looks like you had fun at the party!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #134
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Sorry the roaming characters were so disappointing. Great fireworks shots!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 11-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #135
Alaska-Ariel
Small World Beginner Hula Dancer

Just like Captain Hook to ignore Peter! I'm sure it was just an obstructed vision thing, but that really is too bad. At least you saw Smee! And Marie too. And what a beautiful moment to have on Peter Pan, to remember every time you go on it.

Come to think of it, I think I might have rushed by you guys on my way to the washroom, a bit before the fireworks! Can you recall seeing a grown-up Ariel with a flounder purse?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: