Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #76
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael
 
dismagiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Loving your TR!! The pics of the kids pulling on the sword are soooo cute - back in the day when my DS (now 21) was about 7 or 8 he pulled out the sword during the little show they used to stage with Merlin. He was awarded a Medal on a purple neck ribbon that read something like 'ruler of the kingdom' and all day long the CMs and characters who saw it bowed to him - boy oh boy was HE full of himself by the end of the day!!
BTW - what date did you do the MNSSHP party?
I would have loved to have seen the show that they did. By the time I started going they weren't doing it anymore. We went to the party on Friday the 29th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
OMG, so the sword actually does still go up? I thought they only did it for that show they used to do. Very cool!

And as everyone else has said, your costumes were adorable.
Apparently it still goes up for a select few And thanks for the costume compliment. I think they turned out great too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Wow!! I can't believe that Michael pulled out the sword again!!! That is so cool!!!

Love all the Halloween decorations!!
It's pretty crazy that Michael has pulled the sword out twice! He must truly be the King
dismagiclover is offline  
Old 11-14-2010, 06:48 AM   #77
mickeysmyboy


DIS Veteran
 
mickeysmyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,690

Love, love, love those costumes! I'm pretty sure I said that before but it's definitely worth mentioning again!

Amazing that Michael pulled the sword out twice!!!! I guess he really is a true king!!!
__________________
Me, DH, DD10, DS9, DS4
mickeysmyboy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #78
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael
 
dismagiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Love, love, love those costumes! I'm pretty sure I said that before but it's definitely worth mentioning again!

Amazing that Michael pulled the sword out twice!!!! I guess he really is a true king!!!
You can't tell me too many times how much you love the costumes. I feel the same way! And we definitely have royalty among us
dismagiclover is offline  
Old 11-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #79
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael
 
dismagiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,071

Our First Ride

After the sword pulling adventure the kids really wanted to get their ride on. So we headed over to Pooh and the entrance seemed to be blocked. So we proceeded to walk along the tunnel of construction walls that has become Fantasyland thinking the entrance was moved during construction. Nope the entrance wasnít moved. Pooh was closed along with the Teacups which was also surrounded by construction walls. I know they must do refurbishments, but this area of Fantasyland was really bad. Seriously. Not a lot of Magic in these parts. I didnít think to take pictures, but here are some I borrowed from the DIS blog.









We hightailed it out of Fantasyland and headed to Tomorrowland where we finally hopped in line for the first ride of the trip. What was it?



My kids all love Buzz. This was the 1st time ever we waited in the Standby line. Weíve always used fast passes before, but the line wasnít too bad. I think we waited 20 minutes. Here are Peter and Wendy on the ride.



Here are our red necked pictures.



And the must have every trip picture of the kids with Zurg. It wonít be too long before Wendy wonít fit through the bars anymore. (That will be a bittersweet day.)



After defeating Zurg we decided to hop on the ride formerly known as the Tomorrowland Transit Authority formerly known as the Wedway Peoplemover. I think it is now called something like the Tomorrowland Transit Wedway Peoplemover. (Or something like that.) Anyway here are some shots of our journey through Tomorrow land (I sure wished we could have paged Tom Morrow.)





This ride does not go upside down or sideways. The angle is related to a 6 year old (or maybe it was the 10 year old) trying to be an artsy photographer.

At this point the sun was beginning to set and we had not yet taken pictures in front of the castle. So I told the fam we were heading that way. One thing I really wanted out of this trip was an absolutely adorable picture of the Darling Children dressed in their true characters together in Neverland. I still hadnít gotten it. So we headed off looking for a Photopass guy to try for the picture. Did we find one? (Iím sure you all know the answer to that one?) More importantly did we get The Picture? Youíll have to wait to find out.
dismagiclover is offline  
Old 11-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #80
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip
 
Stefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,498

That sucks that the teacups and Pooh Bear were down. I hate seeing construction at Disney, takes the magic away for me just slightly.

Love the Zurg pic, so cute
Stefy is offline  
Old 11-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #81
mermaid764
DIS Veteran
 
mermaid764's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,019

Too funny that Michael was able to pull the sword again...what a great pic!

The costumes are awesome and I can't wait to hear all about the goodvibes
mermaid764 is offline  
Old 11-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #82
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran
 
Happy Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,501

Better late than never, right? I'm here and enjoyed the beginning of your TR. The costumes are just adorable!
__________________
Janell DH-Ben DD-Hannah (9) DS-Owen (5)

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Happy Elf is offline  
Old 11-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #84
norybell
DIS Veteran
 
norybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,284

I totally agree with you about that big chunk of Fantasyland being pretty magic-free, lately...I was so surprised that they didn't at least put murals up on the construction walls, or something!
__________________
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

norybell is offline  
Old 11-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #85
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael
 
dismagiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
That sucks that the teacups and Pooh Bear were down. I hate seeing construction at Disney, takes the magic away for me just slightly.

Love the Zurg pic, so cute
Were they not down when you were there? It is strange they had them both down at the same time and then when you added in the construction wall for the expansion it really was just one long construction tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Too funny that Michael was able to pull the sword again...what a great pic!

The costumes are awesome and I can't wait to hear all about the goodvibes
Michael and the sword really was a funny moment. He was just so nonchalant about the whole thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Better late than never, right? I'm here and enjoyed the beginning of your TR. The costumes are just adorable!
I'm glad you found your way over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Couldn't agree more with you....Jasmine and I were both sad as we walked through there and saw all the construction. It just seems wrong doesn't it? Too bad they couldn't just wave a magic wand and it be done
Hopefully it will all be worth it when it is all finished, but it is pretty bad at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
I totally agree with you about that big chunk of Fantasyland being pretty magic-free, lately...I was so surprised that they didn't at least put murals up on the construction walls, or something!
It is a bit suprising that they didn't make more of an effort to disguise the construction. And poor planning to rehab Pooh and the Teacups at the same time because that is really all there is on that side of Fantasyland.
dismagiclover is offline  
Old 11-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #86
jmskinner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: No longer an hour away.
Posts: 4,234

Wow, that does seem like a Disney mistake having Pooh and the teacups down at the same time. Your right, very unmagical.

I'm going to be an optimist and say I can't wait to see The Picture!
__________________
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
jmskinner is offline  
Old 11-16-2010, 02:17 AM   #87
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip
 
Stefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Were they not down when you were there? It is strange they had them both down at the same time and then when you added in the construction wall for the expansion it really was just one long construction tunnel
Pooh Bear was working, but the teacups were down, which was a shame as we have never been on them before and were going to do it this year. Oh well, there's always next year I guess

I hate walking by that little area where the construction walls are up, doesn't feel like your in Disney
Stefy is offline  
Old 11-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #88
eksb327
Mouseketeer
 
eksb327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 167

I also was sad about Fantasyland on our last trip. Teacups & It's A Small World were closed, and the Pooh entrance was walled off. I know that there is so much more to the MK than just Fantasyland, but it's my favorite. I'm sure it'll be fab when it's done, though.
eksb327 is offline  
Old 11-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #89
Angies1274
DIS Veteran
 
Angies1274's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern New York
Posts: 2,376

That's so sad that both Pooh and the teacups were down. Although..I could live without the teacups myself but the boys love them and they have to ride them every trip. However....Pooh is one of my favorites! I was just reading this morning that they opened it again with some new enhancements done to the ride. I can't wait to see them!!

Great pictures on Buzz!! Love the Zurg picture!! As you know, it's a must-do pic for us too!!!
__________________
Angie (me) DH DS14 DS11
WDW trips-- (POP Century)--April 2008,April & August 2009,April 2010,July 2012


Angies1274 is offline  
Old 11-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #90
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael
 
dismagiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Wow, that does seem like a Disney mistake having Pooh and the teacups down at the same time. Your right, very unmagical.

I'm going to be an optimist and say I can't wait to see The Picture!
I guess they figured they would get all the rehabs done at the same time. Hopefully I'll get the next update up soon so you can see if I got The Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Pooh Bear was working, but the teacups were down, which was a shame as we have never been on them before and were going to do it this year. Oh well, there's always next year I guess

I hate walking by that little area where the construction walls are up, doesn't feel like your in Disney
You've never ridden the teacups I think they have them in Paris too so maybe you can ride them in December!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksb327 View Post
I also was sad about Fantasyland on our last trip. Teacups & It's A Small World were closed, and the Pooh entrance was walled off. I know that there is so much more to the MK than just Fantasyland, but it's my favorite. I'm sure it'll be fab when it's done, though.
It really is pretty bad right now. Hopefully it is worth it when all is said and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
That's so sad that both Pooh and the teacups were down. Although..I could live without the teacups myself but the boys love them and they have to ride them every trip. However....Pooh is one of my favorites! I was just reading this morning that they opened it again with some new enhancements done to the ride. I can't wait to see them!!

Great pictures on Buzz!! Love the Zurg picture!! As you know, it's a must-do pic for us too!!!
I do think it was a mistake to take both Teacups and Pooh down at the same time. Especially because both are supposedly going to be fairly quick rehabs. Just space them out a bit, but I'm not the boss of Disney
dismagiclover is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.