Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 AM   #61
_addicted2disney
Earning My Ears

I loved your costumes very cute!! Can't wait to hear more about the trip!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #62
BelleTinkMom
DIS Veteran

Joining in. The costumes are great. Cant wait to read more.
I am nuts....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post41825167
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #63
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
What great pictures!

It must be so fun to be a photopass photographer for the Halloween season.

That's so cool. I can't imagine ever getting my DH to do such a thing, but who knows, maybe someday!
You never know when the kid will come out in my DH, but I always try to enjoy it when it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Those costumes are awesome! I absolutely love them!

This looks like it's going to be such a fun night--I love MNSSHP!
It was a great night! And you get to hear all about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Love, love, love your costumes!!!
Thank you! They really did turn out great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
You guys look fantastic! Love the costumes....your PP pics are great!
The costumes and the pictures did turn out fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Love your photopass pics!!! They turned out so cute!!!
Thanks! You know how I love photopass and it didn't disappoint this trip either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Love the photopass pics! Well worth that long wait.

You all look great!
That CD did come faster than expected. I'm not complaining one bit about that.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #64
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyTwoPrincesses View Post
I love the follow the leader picture!
I like that picture too. The boys actually came up with the concept on all their own. Too cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPups View Post
Wow, your family looks awesome! Love the costume concept. Great pics. I love the MNSSHP! Can't wait to go again.
It is such a great party and it was a fun night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I loved all of the Photopass pictures but I think my favorite one is Michael and John playing follow the leader. You guys looked soooooo cute!
Like I mentioned above the boys came up with the concept for that on their own. They just started singing the song and marching. Defintely Disney educated

Quote:
Originally Posted by _addicted2disney View Post
I loved your costumes very cute!! Can't wait to hear more about the trip!
I can't wait to tell everyone about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleTinkMom View Post
Joining in. The costumes are great. Cant wait to read more.
The costumes were a great success!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #65
dismagiclover

Royalty Among Us Once Again

After our Photopass photoshoot I decided we needed a Mrs. Darling Photoshoot. While DH was lifting the kids up on the ledge I snapped this picture of one of the Jack O Lanterns. So adorable.

Then I took a few pictures of the Darling Children with Peter.

After the mini shoot we headed to my favorite street in the world, Main Street USA. To make it even better it was all decorated up for Halloween. Just have to love it. (Inexplicably I didn’t take any pictures here so these are from on the main WDW info site.)

At this point the kids were clamoring a bit for food, plus Michael was feeling a bit warm (his costume was a bit too cozy.) So we headed over to Columbia Harbor House to grab some dinner. We arrived around 5:00 and I have never seen this place so empty. We walked right up to the cashier and ordered. Unfortunately the upstairs was closed so we couldn’t eat in my favorite spot. Here is the one and only picture I took in the restaurant and it’s not a flattering one.

I had the tuna sandwich which is so yummy. Everyone else had either mac ‘n cheese or chicken nuggets. I definitely had the best meal. (Maybe that is why Wendy looks not so happy.)

After our dinner I informed everyone now would be a great time for rides. I wanted to get some under our belt before the party began so we could spend party time doing other stuff. What did everyone want to ride first? Peter Pan, of course. So we took the brief walk over to Fantasyland, but the Peter Pan line was 45 minutes which was definitely more than we wanted to wait. So we decided to try Winnie the Pooh and headed in that direction. On our way we were sidetracked. Brief flashback here. During our June trip the boys had tried to pull the sword out of the stone for the first time. Did they do it? Well one of them did. Here is a picture.

The other kids tried and tried, but couldn’t get the thing to budge. So everyone was up to trying it again. John was hoping he would be the king this trip. (He’d been a tad jealousof Michael’s success the previous trip.) Anyway ladies first so here is Wendy.

No luck. Next John gave it a try.

As you can see he gave it his all, but it didn’t budge. Finally it was Michael’s turn. Drumroll please.

As you can see it was really no problem. Michael wasn’t the least bit surprised. After all he is the True King. He can even pull out the sword dressed in his PJ’s.

Up next: Would we ever actually get on a ride?

Last edited by dismagiclover; 11-11-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #66
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

LOL!! That's Hilarious! Michael pulled the sword up again!?!! Awesome!

Pre Trip Report
Photobooks/TR linked below
May 2010 POP(Photobook); January 2011 ASMu (TR); January 2012 POP(Photobook)
Old 11-12-2010, 07:28 AM   #67
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Lol Bless him, how lucky that he pulled the sword out twice now. Bet John loved that

Loving all the Photopass pics, you got some great shots there
Old 11-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #68
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

That is too awesome - he pulled the sword up again!! What magical powers does he possess?

Love all of your costumes - how original!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 11-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #69
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Michael. How funny anc ! I'd be worried about how he will react the next time, that is if he isn't able to pull it.

Love the CHH pic.

I can't imagine a long wait for Pooh, but wonder if something else will catch your eye on the way.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 11-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #70
norybell
DIS Veteran

I can't believe Michael pulled the sword from the stone again!

Poor John!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 11-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #71
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness.....I wonder what the odds were for Michael to pull the sword out again?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #72
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
LOL!! That's Hilarious! Michael pulled the sword up again!?!! Awesome!
It was pretty funny. And he was so nonchalant about it like he'd never had a doubt that it would come right up. Then he actually had trouble putting it back down. That was pretty funny too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Lol Bless him, how lucky that he pulled the sword out twice now. Bet John loved that

Loving all the Photopass pics, you got some great shots there
John was none too pleased with Michael's success. I don't think it stung quite a much as last time though. I think now he just figures it's one of those things only Michael does

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
That is too awesome - he pulled the sword up again!! What magical powers does he possess?

Love all of your costumes - how original!!
Michael has no doubt that he has the power to pull up that sword. Might be a little shocking when the trip comes that he can't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Michael. How funny anc ! I'd be worried about how he will react the next time, that is if he isn't able to pull it.

Love the CHH pic.

I can't imagine a long wait for Pooh, but wonder if something else will catch your eye on the way.
Michael's reaction in the future could be pretty funny if he can't pull it out. I guess we'll see in January. (Now if he pulls it out then that will be pretty amazing. I'll give you a hint about our first ride. Pooh is closed so it isn't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
I can't believe Michael pulled the sword from the stone again!

Poor John!
Notice in the picture of John how hard he is pulling on that sword. His face is all red

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh my goodness.....I wonder what the odds were for Michael to pull the sword out again?
It is a bit crazy that he's now pulled it out twice. It must be a pretty regular occurence these days to have it come out.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #73
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Loving your TR!! The pics of the kids pulling on the sword are soooo cute - back in the day when my DS (now 21) was about 7 or 8 he pulled out the sword during the little show they used to stage with Merlin. He was awarded a Medal on a purple neck ribbon that read something like 'ruler of the kingdom' and all day long the CMs and characters who saw it bowed to him - boy oh boy was HE full of himself by the end of the day!!
BTW - what date did you do the MNSSHP party?
Old 11-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #74
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

OMG, so the sword actually does still go up? I thought they only did it for that show they used to do. Very cool!

And as everyone else has said, your costumes were adorable.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #75
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Wow!! I can't believe that Michael pulled out the sword again!!! That is so cool!!!

Love all the Halloween decorations!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: