Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #1426
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Wife won't let me talk about August plans till after the new year, but keeping Disney alive we have tickets for Disney on Ice the 23rd, going with our friends from Del Hopefully I can get them to go to WDW with the twins and have a new member to DDC
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-22-2010, 04:09 AM   #1427
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Mijo--may have missed this, but what pilot is Mijo Jr. Chiefing for?
Fed ~ David has been working with the #1 jet, "The Boss", Cmdr Koss. It's quite an honor! He's feeling a lot more confident than he was a few weeks back. At the same time, I think he's looking forward to a little time off during the next week or so as they tend to work 15 hour days!
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2010, 06:01 AM   #1428
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Wife won't let me talk about August plans till after the new year, but keeping Disney alive we have tickets for Disney on Ice the 23rd, going with our friends from Del Hopefully I can get them to go to WDW with the twins and have a new member to DDC
remember the first two weeks are when Steves and my family will be going.
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 12-22-2010, 06:03 AM   #1429
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

I have been sick as ****. So as soon as I can look at my monitor for more then 5 mins without my head spinning ,I will get my TR rolling
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 12-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #1430
billybobblockhead
Kiiiiiiids, listen to your mother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ721 View Post
Ok, so far today we have had discussions that referenced endodontist gum cutting, mouth throw-up, and (my personal favorite) Animal Birthing Lubricant. I love this place!!!!
I wish that I had a smart Beverly comment to add, but I can't. That's pretty dang funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
I have been sick as ****. So as soon as I can look at my monitor for more then 5 mins without my head spinning ,I will get my TR rolling
Yuck. Hope that you feel better soon.

Just looked at my trip countdown thingy and the word "month" is not in there anymore. It just says "weeks" and "days." We got some great news the other day too. It seems that our system has declared Jan. 21st a school day now, so it looks like all of our planning around the long weekend has gone down the tubes and DS and DD will miss a day of school while we are at WDW. I think that our folks are anticipating more bad weather, because Jan 21st and Jan 24th have been held harmless for the past 5 or 6 years because of all of the work involved with the semester change over at the high school level. Sort of makes me feel guilty when there is school and I'm not at my school, but you can't do much about it when the weather causes the change. I'll feel guilty for the next few minutes, then I'll be over it

Hope that everyone has a great day.
DISDad #425
Old 12-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #1431
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

[QUOTE=DisneyFed;39281360]Pratt...that is by far the best (family friendly) pic I've seen from Splash....

QUOTE]

Thank you everyone for the compliments on the pic. we thought of doing that a week before our trip. Had to hunt every beverly place for water wings, here in colorado it really isnt the season for pool assecories.
This is my work computers desktop image.

It was funny to look at the difference from the splash mountian pic (day 1) to the Expedition Everest pics (day 3). Shorts and Hawaiian shirt to Coats, hats and gloves.
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 12-22-2010, 07:40 AM   #1432
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Still haven't bought our airfare for the Late April trip coming up. I've been waiting for Southwest to give a price drop for our dates (4/28 and 5/5). What's making it more interesting this year is I have to buy 2 one-way tickets for each of us (Norfolk to Tampa... Orlando to Norfolk)... so I'm watching both fares. So I get an email from Southwest yesterday stating they are discounting flights up until.... get this... April 20th! Yes... 8 days BEFORE we leave! Ugh. These discounts would save us a total of $114. Looks like I have to go put my Patience hat back on...

So we had our office lunch yesterday... with Pollyanna gift exchange. Turned out pretty good. Had about 22 folks there. I ended up with a Chia Pet head! It's getting rewrapped for DD... she'll love it! For a moment I thought it was the controversial Obama head... but no... it's just a dude.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 12-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #1433
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Still haven't bought our airfare for the Late April trip coming up. I've been waiting for Southwest to give a price drop for our dates (4/28 and 5/5). What's making it more interesting this year is I have to buy 2 one-way tickets for each of us (Norfolk to Tampa... Orlando to Norfolk)... so I'm watching both fares. So I get an email from Southwest yesterday stating they are discounting flights up until.... get this... April 20th! Yes... 8 days BEFORE we leave! Ugh. These discounts would save us a total of $114. Looks like I have to go put my Patience hat back on...
Yeah, I hate playing the airfare waiting game. Recent history seems to indicate that the best deals appear about 2 months before the travel date.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #1434
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Yeah, I hate playing the airfare waiting game. Recent history seems to indicate that the best deals appear about 2 months before the travel date.
That's what I'm seeing, too. I'm getting nervous, though, because I keep hearing rumors of airfare really going up soon. And with gas prices creeping up as they are, I am getting trigger happy. Problem is... I don't want to buy the tickets, then have to get "store credit" if the prices do go down.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 12-22-2010, 08:44 AM   #1435
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post

Watch out, we might actually discuss Disney on one of these pages.
Actually, I did wonder your all's thoughts on On-line check in at POR?

we are arriving in Orlando on Sunday, staying at a downtown disney hotel, then checking in Monday Morning. Should I DO on-line check-in now? I know i've asked, and aside from less time in line, why do on-line check-in? Something about room requests?

Pray for good weather on interstates 64, 57, 24, 75, and then the Florida turnpike on Christmas day night and the Boxing Day, please!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #1436
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post

we are arriving in Orlando on Sunday, staying at a downtown disney hotel, then checking in Monday Morning. Should I DO on-line check-in now? I know i've asked, and aside from less time in line, why do on-line check-in? Something about room requests?

Pray for good weather on interstates 64, 57, 24, 75, and then the Florida turnpike on Christmas day night and the Boxing Day, please!
We did the online check in for All Star Movies, we had arrivial time down as 10:30am, we got there alittle after 10am, Holy Peanut Butter our room was ready (wasn't expecting that since check-in is at 3pm

Have a Great trip. I hope it got warmer there
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #1437
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

OK I started my TR. Tonite when I get home from work I'll be asking how to link it to my sig You would think it would do it automaticly

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #1438
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post

The general consensus seems to be that you spend less time in line and at the check-in desk if you do online check-in. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but it seems to be the trend.

Have a good trip!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #1439
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
That's what I'm seeing, too. I'm getting nervous, though, because I keep hearing rumors of airfare really going up soon. And with gas prices creeping up as they are, I am getting trigger happy. Problem is... I don't want to buy the tickets, then have to get "store credit" if the prices do go down.
But Don...think about it this way... having "store credit" just means you get to plan another trip!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #1440
billybobblockhead
Kiiiiiiids, listen to your mother!

Quote:
We're doing the same with our June trip. We're lucky this time because there is a chance that we may be able to fly from Asheville instead of having to go to Charlotte, but, with the looming gas hike, who knows what that will do to flight prices. We always leave the drive option open, and from where we are, it's only 10 hours (and not a bad drive to boot), but I had really rather fly if we can get a good price.
DISDad #425
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: