Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #1411
JJ721
Next year for sure....

Ok, so far today we have had discussions that referenced endodontist gum cutting, mouth throw-up, and (my personal favorite) Animal Birthing Lubricant. I love this place!!!!

'67-DLH; '72-CR; '88-DI; '96-DL; '98-Offsite; '02-Offsite; '03-BWV; 05'-BWV; '06-BCV; '06-BWV; '07-BCV; '07-SSR & BWV; '08-AKV; '08-CBR & SSR; '09 CR; '09 Swan; '10-SSR '10-Dolphin
Old 12-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #1412
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
I was definitely ripe for the taking last week.

Have you tried silicon spray? Also, on Mythbusters, they said Animal Birthing Lubricant was the slipperiest stuff in the world. Here is a link:

https://www.shanestack.com/shop/?log...-flypage-11422

ClearScreen
No, I haven't tried silicone spray... I have some at home so I'll have to give it a try. Also, I thought that I'd seen every episode of Mythbusters... either I've missed one or (somehow) forgotten about that one.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #1413
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ721 View Post
I am game for a meet in Chicago as well.
Since I'm the only one in the Milwaukee area, it's a meet-up every day for me. But Chicago isn't that far, so I'm game.

Quote:
The battle for the Dole Whip Cup is set between the Mouse of Pain and Jasmine's Necklace. Danny Sheridan has installed the Necklace as a 12-point favorite as they have been the hottest and sparkliest team in the league the past 4 weeks. Unless Aaron Rodgers comes back, it looks like the Mouse will struggle to score big fantasy points. Another positive from this matchup is we get to look at Jasmine's uhhh... Necklace for another week.
Well, look at that. First time ever in a Fantasy League and I'm playing for the Championship. Yeah, this probably won't go to my head.
And of course, I was watching the game last night and following along with live stats on Yahoo. Had a small gain to get me enough points to take the lead. On his very next play? He lost a yard. I look at DW and said, "I'll be he gets hurt on the next play and costs me a shot in the Championship game." As you can guess, she really didn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
On a sidenote, I'm looking for new ideas to make sleds go faster. My cousin managed to go about 30' farther than I did across the field at the bottom of the hill this weekend. That is just absolutely unacceptable. I know that hill like the back of my hand, and I trust my line, but I've got to have my equipment working at 100%! I've used the vegetable oil, wd-40, pam, turtle wax, furniture polish, Crisco and probably a few other tactics in the past, but I need more speed. I can't seem to find any of that Clark Griswold patented spray stuff, so I'm going to get some snowboard wax and give that a try. Does anybody else have any uncommon ideas for sled lubrication that isn't too top secret to share?
What's the weight difference between you and him? What type of sled are you using?
And it may not be a matter of making yourself go farther - maybe you just need to make him go shorter. Try tying an anchor or anvil to his sled.

Quote:
Ok, so far today we have had discussions that referenced endodontist gum cutting, mouth throw-up, and (my personal favorite) Animal Birthing Lubricant. I love this place!!!!
Watch out, we might actually discuss Disney on one of these pages.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #1414
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Hey Don- It looks like we may get a white Christmas around here. Any igloo building tips? Assuming it's the right kind of snow, I was thinking of making a big pile of packed snow and then just hollowing it out- leaving myself with an igloo. If only there was an engineer among us....
DIS Dad #400
Old 12-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #1415
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post
To summarize, the Splash Mt. pic is hilarious!

Now for some (possible) bad news. I spent Saturday at a friend's house. Her munchkins are the same age as mine. We were there for the afternoon, playing, watching Tron (the original), and making a styrofoam Gingerbread house. Yesterday, she called to say her oldest was sick in the belly, spraying out of both ends. And, keep an eye out for my kids.

and you'll see from the signature that we leave for WDW on Saturday.
i really hope we don't have a "cheese ball yak attack" during the 1,000 miles from the STL to Orlando. That will make for one LONG ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I'd be exited too!
"Here you go, Mijo, Jr. Take the keys to the F18. Fire it up for me, I'll be out in a bit."
That's about how it seems to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillcoupons View Post
Great to see another successful Dis Dads Meet!! Has anyone begun planning our next big meet? How about a Philly meet, or NYC, or Chicago?

OWNAGE!!!!!
I would try to make a Philly meet. It's only an hour from us!

OK.....tomorrow is my last day of work until January 3rd!
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #1416
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
No, I haven't tried silicone spray... I have some at home so I'll have to give it a try. Also, I thought that I'd seen every episode of Mythbusters... either I've missed one or (somehow) forgotten about that one.
I can vouch for ClearScreen, I believe I saw that mentioned on Mythbusters as well. It might have been the one where they were testing slipping on banana peels vs. other objects/substances, but I'm not 100% sure.

Good job short-circuiting the Clark Griswold response, or else at least 10 of us would have jumped in with that quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Well, look at that. First time ever in a Fantasy League and I'm playing for the Championship. Yeah, this probably won't go to my head.
And of course, I was watching the game last night and following along with live stats on Yahoo. Had a small gain to get me enough points to take the lead. On his very next play? He lost a yard. I look at DW and said, "I'll be he gets hurt on the next play and costs me a shot in the Championship game." As you can guess, she really didn't care.
Congratulations! I've seen this before. Typically, the newbie experiences great success in his first year, causing him to think he "has figured this game out." He then proceeds to draft a super-stud in the first round the next year only to have said super-stud blow out his knee within the first 7 minutes of game 1. Not that I speak from experience or anything...

Why is it our wives are never invested in the success of our fake sports teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Hey Don- It looks like we may get a white Christmas around here. Any igloo building tips? Assuming it's the right kind of snow, I was thinking of making a big pile of packed snow and then just hollowing it out- leaving myself with an igloo. If only there was an engineer among us....
I'm an engineer, or at least I play one on TV. But I'm a road engineer, so let me know when you need to fix a snow pothole.

All kidding aside, just pack that snow tight in the walls and the roof! Don will probably have better info, since he's actually built one before.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #1417
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
I would try to make a Philly meet. It's only an hour from us!
I'm about an hour from Philly as well. It would all depend on the date/time/place, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
OK.....tomorrow is my last day of work until January 3rd!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #1418
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I can vouch for ClearScreen, I believe I saw that mentioned on Mythbusters as well. It might have been the one where they were testing slipping on banana peels vs. other objects/substances, but I'm not 100% sure.
That's the one!!
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #1419
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Today is my last day of work until January 3rd. ALthough, truth be told, I stopped working about 3 hours ago and I am just staring at the clock and watching the DIS Dads Club message board.

Before I forget, Happy Holidays to all!!

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #1420
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Today is my last day of work until January 3rd. ALthough, truth be told, I stopped working about 3 hours ago and I am just staring at the clock and watching the DIS Dads Club message board.

ClearScreen
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #1421
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:

ClearScreen
Enjoy your vacation! As of 5pm tomorrow afternoon I'll be joining you. It'll be great to not be here for a week and a half. I'm sure I'll be coming back saying "crud" at some point since I won't have slack off time at work to check in here, but that's fine with me!

Happy Holidays to you too!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #1422
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

ok, i was at the local wally mart tonight.i was looking for lip balm for dws stocking stuffer and next to the 10 gazillion chap sticks is a product call "buggie wipes". they looked like little wet nap things with a small plastic case. had to get them!!! im wrappin them up for dw for her stocking! so anyone looking for a last min. gift idea. for the women who has everything.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #1423
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Quote:
We had 14 teams this year, but usually there is a dropout or two from year to year. Next year, I will make an announcement on here and ask who is interested.

I am planning on doing a DIS Dad's Club Fantasy Baseball League. I will post more on it after the new year and set the whole thing up, unless anyone objects to me being commissioner.

ClearScreen
Ooh! I will keep my eyes open for your announcement as I will be VERY interested!

-Jimbo
Old 12-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #1424
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Pratt...that is by far the best (family friendly) pic I've seen from Splash....

Peanut Butter is all I'm going to say....I got a lot of catching up to do

Mijo--may have missed this, but what pilot is Mijo Jr. Chiefing for?

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 12-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #1425
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillcoupons View Post
Great to see another successful Dis Dads Meet!! Has anyone begun planning our next big meet? How about a Philly meet, or NYC, or Chicago?

OWNAGE!!!!!
We are also a hour away Maybe a zoo meet I have a membership besides ourselves can get 2 adults + 1 child in free if anyone can use it
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: