Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:54 AM   #1396
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
well, went to the endonodic dr what ever. they are going to re root canal my tooth. if that dont work than they make a small cut in my gum and drill off the top of the root from there. jan. 10th is d-day.
How do I say this as to not offend.....SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just threw up a little in my mouth!
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #1397
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
You've just won the prize for Best Splash Mountain picture! The reward? Listening to all of the other DisDads laughing their butts off!

And congratulations on the Meet Up!
I'd like to thank the esteemed members of the academy for this prestigous honor. I'd like too,,,but I wont!
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2010, 09:35 AM   #1398
JJ721
Next year for sure....

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
"The Tidy Bowl": I'm gonna clean you like a Toilet Duck. (sorry there trennr)

Meetups: I'd be up for a meetup in Chicago, or even Milwaukee (but who'd want to meet there?) New York is a possibility, as I will be going there on a regular basis with my job.

Bears vs. Vikes: This is the most exciting hockey game I've ever seen... what? They're not playing hockey on that ice surface? That explains why there are no too-many-men-on-the-ice penalties. But seriously, awesome job by Hester breaking the Career Punt Return record.
I am game for a meet in Chicago as well.

And regarding Hester, I think I was more impressed by his postgame interview. He was very thankful and appreciative to his teammates, and handled his achievment with humility. Kind of refreshing...

'67-DLH; '72-CR; '88-DI; '96-DL; '98-Offsite; '02-Offsite; '03-BWV; 05'-BWV; '06-BCV; '06-BWV; '07-BCV; '07-SSR & BWV; '08-AKV; '08-CBR & SSR; '09 CR; '09 Swan; '10-SSR '10-Dolphin
Old 12-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #1399
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
How do I say this as to not offend.....SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just threw up a little in my mouth!
The proper response is BEVERLY!!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #1400
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

DIS Dad's Club Fantasy Football League - Playoffs and Championship

In the first semi-final game, The Mouse of Pain edged the Passamaquoddy Dragons 88.20-87.60 in one of the lowest scoring games of the year. This rivalry was intense all year and came down to the wire with the Mouse squeaking by for the victory.

In the other semi-final game, Jasmine's Necklace prevailed over the Test Track Dummies 133.45-129.90. This come-from-behind victory was in doubt heading into MNF, but Matt Forte scored just enough fantasy points to propel the Necklace to victory. In reaction to the loss, the Dummies removed FastPass from their ride and now it's a 3-hour wait.

The battle for the Dole Whip Cup is set between the Mouse of Pain and Jasmine's Necklace. Danny Sheridan has installed the Necklace as a 12-point favorite as they have been the hottest and sparkliest team in the league the past 4 weeks. Unless Aaron Rodgers comes back, it looks like the Mouse will struggle to score big fantasy points. Another positive from this matchup is we get to look at Jasmine's uhhh... Necklace for another week.

The Consolation(3rd Place) game is between the Passamaquoddy Dragons and Test Track Dummies. These are two explosive teams that can put up 130+ points any given week. I don't have a clever name for this game, but I am open to suggestions.

The 5th Place Game pits the Small WOrld Singers against Le Cellier Dwellers in the ultimate battle over what's more annoying - the Small World song or the fact that Disney is making Le Cellier 2 dining credits on the meal plan.

Finally, the 7th Place Game is between the Matterhorn Yodelers and the Duckburg Ducks in the matchup dubbed by the participants as the "Toilet Bowl" or the "Tidy Bowl". I also saw mention of a Toilet Duck in there, which I had to look up. Good stuff and keep up the enthusiasm!!

Good luck to all!!

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #1401
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
In the first semi-final game, The Mouse of Pain edged the Passamaquoddy Dragons 88.20-87.60 in one of the lowest scoring games of the year. This rivalry was intense all year and came down to the wire with the Mouse squeaking by for the victory.

In the other semi-final game, Jasmine's Necklace prevailed over the Test Track Dummies 133.45-129.90. This come-from-behind victory was in doubt heading into MNF, but Matt Forte scored just enough fantasy points to propel the Necklace to victory. In reaction to the loss, the Dummies removed FastPass from their ride and now it's a 3-hour wait.

The battle for the Dole Whip Cup is set between the Mouse of Pain and Jasmine's Necklace. Danny Sheridan has installed the Necklace as a 12-point favorite as they have been the hottest and sparkliest team in the league the past 4 weeks. Unless Aaron Rodgers comes back, it looks like the Mouse will struggle to score big fantasy points. Another positive from this matchup is we get to look at Jasmine's uhhh... Necklace for another week.

The Consolation(3rd Place) game is between the Passamaquoddy Dragons and Test Track Dummies. These are two explosive teams that can put up 130+ points any given week. I don't have a clever name for this game, but I am open to suggestions.

The 5th Place Game pits the Small WOrld Singers against Le Cellier Dwellers in the ultimate battle over what's more annoying - the Small World song or the fact that Disney is making Le Cellier 2 dining credits on the meal plan.

Finally, the 7th Place Game is between the Matterhorn Yodelers and the Duckburg Ducks in the matchup dubbed by the participants as the "Toilet Bowl" or the "Tidy Bowl". I also saw mention of a Toilet Duck in there, which I had to look up. Good stuff and keep up the enthusiasm!!

Good luck to all!!

ClearScreen
I would like to petition the league commissioner on bringing in an expansion team for next year out of NC called "THE Disney Fanatics."
Old 12-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #1402
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Got My Pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rental01 View Post

You should see it on a monitor blown up to it's full 4000x3200 resolution. Pah-retty!
My photo just arrived yesterday! I'll be buying more!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #1403
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

OK dads... I started updating the Link of Interest page with the meets. I know there are more and I'll add them as I get back through the posts. Right now I gotta run to a work lunch (fun this time)!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 12-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #1404
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:

Good luck to all!!

ClearScreen
I tolerated T.O. when he was helping propel my fantasy team to wins, but after this weekend I really, really, really, really do not like him anymore.

If only I'd started Bennett or Driver
Old 12-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #1405
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disney Fanatic View Post
I would like to petition the league commissioner on bringing in an expansion team for next year out of NC called "THE Disney Fanatics."
We had 14 teams this year, but usually there is a dropout or two from year to year. Next year, I will make an announcement on here and ask who is interested.

I am planning on doing a DIS Dad's Club Fantasy Baseball League. I will post more on it after the new year and set the whole thing up, unless anyone objects to me being commissioner.

ClearScreen

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 12-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #1406
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
We had 14 teams this year, but usually there is a dropout or two from year to year. Next year, I will make an announcement on here and ask who is interested.

I am planning on doing a DIS Dad's Club Fantasy Baseball League. I will post more on it after the new year and set the whole thing up, unless anyone objects to me being commissioner.

ClearScreen
You did a great job as football comish so I think you will be a great baseball commish....just save me a spot!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 12-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #1407
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
You did a great job as football comish so I think you will be a great baseball commish....just save me a spot!!
Thanks!!

Old 12-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #1408
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
I don't know... pretty convenient that the commish is in first place and playing for a title this week.

Just kidding, but I was hoping I'd get a shot at the Mouse of Pain.

On a sidenote, I'm looking for new ideas to make sleds go faster. My cousin managed to go about 30' farther than I did across the field at the bottom of the hill this weekend. That is just absolutely unacceptable. I know that hill like the back of my hand, and I trust my line, but I've got to have my equipment working at 100%! I've used the vegetable oil, wd-40, pam, turtle wax, furniture polish, Crisco and probably a few other tactics in the past, but I need more speed. I can't seem to find any of that Clark Griswold patented spray stuff, so I'm going to get some snowboard wax and give that a try. Does anybody else have any uncommon ideas for sled lubrication that isn't too top secret to share?
Old 12-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #1409
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I don't know... pretty convenient that the commish is in first place and playing for a title this week.

On a sidenote, I'm looking for new ideas to make sleds go faster. My cousin managed to go about 30' farther than I did across the field at the bottom of the hill this weekend. That is just absolutely unacceptable. I know that hill like the back of my hand, and I trust my line, but I've got to have my equipment working at 100%! I've used the vegetable oil, wd-40, pam, turtle wax, furniture polish, Crisco and probably a few other tactics in the past, but I need more speed. I can't seem to find any of that Clark Griswold patented spray stuff, so I'm going to get some snowboard wax and give that a try. Does anybody else have any uncommon ideas for sled lubrication that isn't too top secret to share?
Acme Rocket!

Old 12-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #1410
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

I was definitely ripe for the taking last week.

Have you tried silicon spray? Also, on Mythbusters, they said Animal Birthing Lubricant was the slipperiest stuff in the world. Here is a link:

https://www.shanestack.com/shop/?log...-flypage-11422

ClearScreen

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: