Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #1381
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4024 View Post
I would like to thank Mark for making the meet happen, and providing some fast passes for DS Kory and I to ride Everest with him. It was definitely our pleasure to meet his family. Here is a pic of our meet at AK on 12/13/10.

Great to see another successful Dis Dads Meet!! Has anyone begun planning our next big meet? How about a Philly meet, or NYC, or Chicago?

OWNAGE!!!!!

Last edited by chillcoupons; 12-20-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #1382
Sonnyeclipse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillcoupons View Post
Great to see another successful Dis Dads Meet!! Has anyone begun planning our next big meet? How about a Philly meet, or NYC, or Chicago?

OWNAGE!!!!!
Good idea. Philly would definitely work for me and I could probably do NYC too.
DIS Dad's Club member #538
My December 2010 Trip report

Need to book a new trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #1383
jason4024
DIS Dad #541
I am sure you will get your fill of man things to do around these parts

Location: Coaldale, PA - 1,068 miles north of the happiest place on Earth

Fantasy Baseball

Been looking at all the Fantasy Football updates over the last few days, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in a free fantasy baseball league fpr DisDads. I know spring training is a few months away, but i am excited about the upcoming season. I like using ESPN for my fantasy leagues and would like to run one for here. If you interested, let me know.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #1384
jason4024
DIS Dad #541
I am sure you will get your fill of man things to do around these parts

Location: Coaldale, PA - 1,068 miles north of the happiest place on Earth

Quote:
I would definitely be in for a meet in Philly, or NYC. Chill, start working out the details!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #1385
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Wow, been a busy weekend and a busy day at work.

Aaron, sorry to hear about your dad. Hopefully it isn't something that he's passed on to the rest of you.

Mark, I want to mention DeSean since I was picking on him for the backflop before... I don't mind the celebrations, I actually enjoy and encourage them. But running on the 1 yard line parallel to the endzone is just STUPID! Cross the line, and then celebrate like you've never been there before and might not make it back. Just think if he'd have crossed his feet and stumbled when he looked back and turned, or if the defender behind him could have gotten close enough to swat the ball away? Does the name Leon Lett ring a bell????

Quote:
Been looking at all the Fantasy Football updates over the last few days, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in a free fantasy baseball league fpr DisDads. I know spring training is a few months away, but i am excited about the upcoming season. I like using ESPN for my fantasy leagues and would like to run one for here. If you interested, let me know.
This was discussed last week. ClearScreen has been running the football league and was going to set something up for baseball too. Seems to be a lot of interest though, we might have enough for 2 leagues at this rate.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #1386
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Mark, I want to mention DeSean since I was picking on him for the backflop before... I don't mind the celebrations, I actually enjoy and encourage them. But running on the 1 yard line parallel to the endzone is just STUPID! Cross the line, and then celebrate like you've never been there before and might not make it back. Just think if he'd have crossed his feet and stumbled when he looked back and turned, or if the defender behind him could have gotten close enough to swat the ball away? Does the name Leon Lett ring a bell????
I hear ya. Honestly, I thought he was trying to make sure he ran all the time off the clock in this case. I was ok with it from that standpoint. And he didn't get a 15-yard penalty, which also made me happier than last week. And I was deliriously celebrating at that point.

But yes, he needs to get in the end zone. Sooner or later, it'll bite him again.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #1387
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnyeclipse View Post
Good idea. Philly would definitely work for me and I could probably do NYC too.
i would be up for philly myself. philly a little easier and cheaper to get to and get around.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:39 PM   #1388
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

great pic mark and jason. love the splash pic mark.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #1389
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

well, went to the endonodic dr what ever. they are going to re root canal my tooth. if that dont work than they make a small cut in my gum and drill off the top of the root from there. jan. 10th is d-day.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #1390
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

dw leaves for nyc tomorrow for work, she will be home wednesday night. i have to drop her off at the bus station at 5am tomorrow. another girl from work is going and they are meeting up with the other two that are already there. give me time to finish my christmas shopping.
all the adrs are made for the june trip!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #1391
BirdsLightyear
Mouseketeer

Quote:

OWNAGE!!!!!

Philly's good for me since it is five minutes from me...GO BIRDS
Chris - DisDads Club Member #510 DisDads Facebook Group Member and Dad to 8 little Eagles fans in the making.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #1392
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans View Post
I've got the older Iphone and really like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
I tried out an Android-based phone last year and have been hooked ever since. It has a slight learning curve as opposed to an iPhone, but is worth the time invested. But it seems all newer phones (iPhone4, Win7 Mobile, and Android-based) are all great phones.
Thanks for the input. Too cold to get out now, but I'm going to the store and check them out and see which I prefer. I'll post something if I figure it out.

Quote:
Been looking at all the Fantasy Football updates over the last few days, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in a free fantasy baseball league fpr DisDads.
I'm in. Whoever sets it up.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 12-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #1393
billybobblockhead
Kiiiiiiids, listen to your mother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
Splash Moutian pic finally. Wife and I snuck these on our carry-on backpacks so the kids and friends didnt know. We sat in the back so no one could see us until the picture. The ladies at the picture place laughed so hard they gave it to us for free in exchange to use it as the display photo.

From bottom l to r to top Christian, Libby, Marriane, Kris, Nana, Robin, Wife (Wendy) and Me (Mark). Robin's face kills me he was so excited!
Nothing to add but

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post
To summarize, the Splash Mt. pic is hilarious!

Now for some (possible) bad news. I spent Saturday at a friend's house. Her munchkins are the same age as mine. We were there for the afternoon, playing, watching Tron (the original), and making a styrofoam Gingerbread house. Yesterday, she called to say her oldest was sick in the belly, spraying out of both ends. And, keep an eye out for my kids.

and you'll see from the signature that we leave for WDW on Saturday.
i really hope we don't have a "cheese ball yak attack" during the 1,000 miles from the STL to Orlando. That will make for one LONG ride...
Positive thoughts for everyone. Been there done that too recently. Hope everyone avoids it.

Quote:
I would like to thank Mark for making the meet happen, and providing some fast passes for DS Kory and I to ride Everest with him. It was definitely our pleasure to meet his family. Here is a pic of our meet at AK on 12/13/10.

Ya'll are dressed like it's not a typical, sunny, 75 degree Florida winter day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
well, went to the endonodic dr what ever. they are going to re root canal my tooth. if that dont work than they make a small cut in my gum and drill off the top of the root from there. jan. 10th is d-day.
The words "root canal" are much worse than the procedure. Hope things go well for you.

Waiting patiently for 11:00 tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. That is when the victory bell sounds, or at least the bell that sends the kids home for Christmas break.

One more, is anyone near Greenville, Tn?? We're headed over there on Jan. 9th for an indoor soccer tourney. If anyone's close, maybe we can get together for a quick meet up, that is if the stars align.
DISDad #425
Old 12-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #1394
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

"The Tidy Bowl": I'm gonna clean you like a Toilet Duck. (sorry there trennr)

DeShawn Jackson: As a non-partisan fan watching I was put off by his antics at first, then I re-wound (via TiVo so is it technically rewinding?) and noticed 2 seconds left on the clock when he first got to the endzone, so Kudos to him or noticing.

Meetups: I'd be up for a meetup in Chicago, or even Milwaukee (but who'd want to meet there?) New York is a possibility, as I will be going there on a regular basis with my job.

Bears vs. Vikes: This is the most exciting hockey game I've ever seen... what? They're not playing hockey on that ice surface? That explains why there are no too-many-men-on-the-ice penalties. But seriously, awesome job by Hester breaking the Career Punt Return record.

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (7)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 12-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #1395
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
Splash Moutian pic finally. Wife and I snuck these on our carry-on backpacks so the kids and friends didnt know. We sat in the back so no one could see us until the picture. The ladies at the picture place laughed so hard they gave it to us for free in exchange to use it as the display photo.
You've just won the prize for Best Splash Mountain picture! The reward? Listening to all of the other DisDads laughing their butts off!

And congratulations on the Meet Up!
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,8)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: