Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #1321
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Just finished up our holiday potluck get-together at work. All my Wii Sports playing time has finally payed off... I won a Wii Tennis tournament! 16 man single elimination... won a $25 GC at Best Buy!

(And page ownage! Sweet! Going to play the lottery now...)
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 12-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #1322
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXar View Post
Hey dads, quick update:

DW GOT THE JOB!!!!!
CONGRATS!
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011

me dw ds(14) dd(7)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #1323
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
I'll do it. Anyone have site suggestions? We have used Yahoo for football. I will see if they have free service for baseball. I'll set it up early next year.

ClearScreen

the league I used to be in used CBS Sportsline for Fantasy Baseball every year, but it was about $130 for the league. I think FanTrax has a good free service.
DIS Dad Club Member #536

me dw ds(14) dd(7)
Old 12-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #1324
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
He was invited to sit at the CO's table for the annual Christmas dinner last Friday night. He doesn't know why he was invited other than he's The Boss's 2nd Crew Chief.
Awesome!
DIS Dad Club Member #536

me dw ds(14) dd(7)
Old 12-17-2010, 04:27 PM   #1325
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

What a Peanut Buttery Beverly week this was! So glad it's over in less than half-an-hour. Let's see, in the past five days:
1. Dad had an exploratory procedure that confirmed the existence of a brain aneurysm. He'll be having it removed in an endovascular coiling procedure shortly after the first of the year (he needs to be on blood thinning meds for a couple of weeks before the procedure). The exploratory procedure confirmed that the source of the aneurysm is a congenital structural defect, so my brothers and I are being encourage to get MRAs done to test and see whether we have the same abnormality.
2. That post-trial brief I thought was due on Friday? Yeah. Not exactly. It had to be postmarked THURSDAY, and we had our office holiday luncheon on Wednesday. I didn't notice that the date had been calendared wrong until Thursday morning. Luckily, I was able to scramble and get it done, but Thursday was a hell of a day.
3. Discovery responses that got shuffled aside so I could finish the post-trial brief got finished and sent out today. That was a scramble too, because with one legal secretary out on maternity leave, we're down to two legal secretaries for the entire 20 attorney office. The responses were ready to go out only minutes before the last mail pickup of the day for our office (otherwise, I'd have had to walk them to the post office myself, not a big deal, but an additional time-consuming PITA).

I might actually get to come up for air for just a bit now, though I have two other big cases with looming deadlines that I need to pay attention to. One bright note - DW and I decided that we didn't feel like Chinese food and a movie this year, so we reserved a nice suite at Great Wolf Lodge and we'll be spending Christmas Eve at the indoor waterpark with the kids.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 12-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #1326
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
Awesome!
We had a nice chat with him last night and he seems to be doing extremely well! He passed two tests yesterday so he has only one to go and that will be in El Centro after the New Year. If he passes that one, he has his review board meeting. After that, he should receive his "crest" by late January/early February. He sounded pretty excited!
BTW....they will be in Corpus Christi and Ft. Worth in April and El Paso and San Antonio in October next year.
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #1327
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
What a Peanut Buttery Beverly week this was! So glad it's over in less than half-an-hour. Let's see, in the past five days:
1. Dad had an exploratory procedure that confirmed the existence of a brain aneurysm. He'll be having it removed in an endovascular coiling procedure shortly after the first of the year (he needs to be on blood thinning meds for a couple of weeks before the procedure). The exploratory procedure confirmed that the source of the aneurysm is a congenital structural defect, so my brothers and I are being encourage to get MRAs done to test and see whether we have the same abnormality.
2. That post-trial brief I thought was due on Friday? Yeah. Not exactly. It had to be postmarked THURSDAY, and we had our office holiday luncheon on Wednesday. I didn't notice that the date had been calendared wrong until Thursday morning. Luckily, I was able to scramble and get it done, but Thursday was a hell of a day.
3. Discovery responses that got shuffled aside so I could finish the post-trial brief got finished and sent out today. That was a scramble too, because with one legal secretary out on maternity leave, we're down to two legal secretaries for the entire 20 attorney office. The responses were ready to go out only minutes before the last mail pickup of the day for our office (otherwise, I'd have had to walk them to the post office myself, not a big deal, but an additional time-consuming PITA).

I might actually get to come up for air for just a bit now, though I have two other big cases with looming deadlines that I need to pay attention to. One bright note - DW and I decided that we didn't feel like Chinese food and a movie this year, so we reserved a nice suite at Great Wolf Lodge and we'll be spending Christmas Eve at the indoor waterpark with the kids.
Aaron we will be keeping your Dad and the rest of your family in prayers!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 12-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #1328
billybobblockhead
Kiiiiiiids, listen to your mother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Carís Packed.. We pick up our DS in about an hour and then itís off to WDW!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerows View Post
We are inside of 20 hours now. Flight leaves Boston at 8am tomorrow.
Ya'll have a great time.

Tired. Glad the weekend is here.
DISDad #425
Old 12-17-2010, 09:37 PM   #1329
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Everyone on thier way to WDW have a Great Trip I think Jason & Jimbo should be on the way home now
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #1330
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
We had a nice chat with him last night and he seems to be doing extremely well! He passed two tests yesterday so he has only one to go and that will be in El Centro after the New Year. If he passes that one, he has his review board meeting. After that, he should receive his "crest" by late January/early February. He sounded pretty excited!
BTW....they will be in Corpus Christi and Ft. Worth in April and El Paso and San Antonio in October next year.
Great news. Yeah, the Blue Angels usually fly at the Alliance Airshow at Alliance Airport here in Ft Worth (it's just a few miles down the road from me.) We usually get to see the practice runs the days before the airshow, then can see most of the demonstration from my neighborhood. Sure beats fighting the crowds at the airport.

I wish him luck on his test. I am sure he will get his crest soon.
DIS Dad Club Member #536

me dw ds(14) dd(7)
Old 12-18-2010, 07:27 AM   #1331
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
I went to the Give Kids The World link on the 1st page to give a donation and they are no longer accepting from the Dis Dad page. Do we think we can get it opened back up?
When you make a GKTW page it asks how long you would like it use it. The shortest period of time was 6 months and as I wanted to make it an annual fundraiser that lasted for about a month. I selected the six months. I think I should have mede it perpetual so that we could have a running total of our the DDC contributions over all time. I will get it going in case anyone wants to make a Christmas donation.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #1332
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
Great news. Yeah, the Blue Angels usually fly at the Alliance Airshow at Alliance Airport here in Ft Worth (it's just a few miles down the road from me.) We usually get to see the practice runs the days before the airshow, then can see most of the demonstration from my neighborhood. Sure beats fighting the crowds at the airport.

I wish him luck on his test. I am sure he will get his crest soon.
Sounds good! We have to drive a few hours to see them but it's worth it. He won't know if he's scheduled to do the Ft. Worth show until February when their work schedule comes out.
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #1333
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillcoupons View Post
When you make a GKTW page it asks how long you would like it use it. The shortest period of time was 6 months and as I wanted to make it an annual fundraiser that lasted for about a month. I selected the six months. I think I should have mede it perpetual so that we could have a running total of our the DDC contributions over all time. I will get it going in case anyone wants to make a Christmas donation.
Thank you, that's what I wanted to do.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #1334
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

aaron, keeping your dad in the prayers. i was wondering were you got to. glad to hear from you again. (wish it was for a better reason)
Old 12-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #1335
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

everyone heading to wdw, have a safe trip and a good time!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: