Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #1246
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
It was a great week (little cold) but all in all a great week
Got to meet a bunch of you guys (6), wish I could have meet everyone

Closed Epcot & MK with Carl, still trying to figure out if Epcot becomes a dry park during EMH

Scored 13 out of 18 transportation cards

Got a pic with Santa Goofy a few other harder pics I managed to get were Big Al, Wendal, Deweey Cheatin (the councilman), Max,

Meet Chris (goofy + 3 ) in Norway, I'll send pic after DW gets them loaded

Toured some of the EMH's in AK with Colin, did Expo Everest & Bugs Life, Colin had a Tripod with him so I'm sure he has some Awesome pics
it Was great meeting everyone!!!! i got to meet 8 dis dads. i missed 3. but , i did get to meet steve, christian, barry (and the grey swt shirt!!)carl,christopher,tim,ron and ray!! all great guys!!! again sorry tim, i was sicker than a dog that day but im sure well meet up again. like i said, anyone ever gets into my area, let me know, ill give a tour of the place.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 12-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #1247
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
ClearScreen is the commish for the football league. I'll defer to him if he's interested in running a baseball league as well, or if not, I'd be happy to set one up in a few months.
I'll do it. Anyone have site suggestions? We have used Yahoo for football. I will see if they have free service for baseball. I'll set it up early next year.

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #1248
billybobblockhead
Kiiiiiiids, listen to your mother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
well, we just got back from philly this morning.took dw back to the brain surg. to read the mri she had done in philly the day before we left for florida. if you remember, she had a tumor the size of a quarter on her optic nerve. she completely lose the sight in her left eye. they did sterotactic readiation.(a one time heavy dose of radiation. very dangerous next to the brain and the other optic nerve.) THEY HIT THE TUMOR!!! the tumor is about half the size of a dime with holes in it. the doc was suprised they got that much shrinkage. hes very happy, were very happy. shes cleared!!! we are going back in 6 months for another mri just to keep an eye on the entire area. she will probley be doing that the rest of her life but we can handle that.its the best christmas present we could ever hope for!!! thanks for all the prayers and well wishes through this 10 month ordeal she has gone through. (and thanks to all the people at wills eye and jefferson univ. hosp. they saved her life with a little help.)
That's some of the best news that I've heard in a while. Hope things continue to improve.

Quote:
Scored 13 out of 18 transportation cards
Gotta ask, what is a transportation card and where do you get them?? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I'm sort of intrigued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXar View Post
Hey dads, quick update:

DW GOT THE JOB!!!!!

Well, it's a tentative offer depending on the results of her background check, which I think will be fine (as long as they don't look too closely into my background). Other than that, it looks like we'll be moving out of sunny South Florida to Indianapolis this summer (now to talk her into one last visit to Disney before moving). The background check will take 4-6 months, so she will probably go up ahead of us and when the girls finish school the three of us will follow. Culture shock here we come....

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. And I thought last Christmas @ MK was magical.

I'll keep ya'll posted throughout.....
2nd piece of great news today. Congratulations.

Don't know if any of you saw this in the news or not, but if you didn't, you need to check out the situation that occurred at the Panama City School Board meeting. As a school principal, that kind of stuff really freaks me out. I'm glad that none of the board and superintendent were hurt, but I imagine that they went home and gave their wives and kids and extra long hug after that episode. Crazy stuff.

And, 5 pages today. Dang...............
DISDad #425
Old 12-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #1249
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobblockhead View Post

Gotta ask, what is a transportation card and where do you get them?? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I'm sort of intrigued.
The only dumb question is the one not asked

There are 18 Transportation Cards 3 bus, 3 boat, 12 monorail they have a picture on the front of lets say Monorail Red, on the back it has some facts and trivia.

You can not get these in any store that I know of, (except ebay), you get them from CM's working that section of transportation, bus drivers, monorail station attendents, skippers.
Not everyone has them so you have to ask around (buses are the easiest to get) when you ask for them you have to do it discreetly since if they do have them they don't have alot They are free and fun to try to find them
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #1250
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Right now seeing the blackout dates for the free dining plan.

It is looking like our next trip to WDW will be Aug 21- Aug27

Anyone else going to be there then
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #1251
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

Quote:

Well, if our kiddos behave this trip, we MIGHT consider Aug 17-? next year.

but... 12 days till Check in!!!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #1252
billybobblockhead
Kiiiiiiids, listen to your mother!

Quote:
The only dumb question is the one not asked

There are 18 Transportation Cards 3 bus, 3 boat, 12 monorail they have a picture on the front of lets say Monorail Red, on the back it has some facts and trivia.

You can not get these in any store that I know of, (except ebay), you get them from CM's working that section of transportation, bus drivers, monorail station attendents, skippers.
Not everyone has them so you have to ask around (buses are the easiest to get) when you ask for them you have to do it discreetly since if they do have them they don't have alot They are free and fun to try to find them
Thanks for the info. I'll try my hand when we go in January, but I'll really see how many I can get when we go for a full week in June when I'll have more time to scrounge around.
DISDad #425
Old 12-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #1253
JJ721
Next year for sure....

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
I'll do it. Anyone have site suggestions? We have used Yahoo for football. I will see if they have free service for baseball. I'll set it up early next year.

ClearScreen
CBS Fantasy Sportsline is another good one. Count me in for sure! NL, AL or both?

'67-DLH; '72-CR; '88-DI; '96-DL; '98-Offsite; '02-Offsite; '03-BWV; 05'-BWV; '06-BCV; '06-BWV; '07-BCV; '07-SSR & BWV; '08-AKV; '08-CBR & SSR; '09 CR; '09 Swan; '10-SSR '10-Dolphin
Old 12-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #1254
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
well, we just got back from philly this morning.took dw back to the brain surg. to read the mri she had done in philly the day before we left for florida. if you remember, she had a tumor the size of a quarter on her optic nerve. she completely lose the sight in her left eye. they did sterotactic readiation.(a one time heavy dose of radiation. very dangerous next to the brain and the other optic nerve.) THEY HIT THE TUMOR!!! the tumor is about half the size of a dime with holes in it. the doc was suprised they got that much shrinkage. hes very happy, were very happy. shes cleared!!! we are going back in 6 months for another mri just to keep an eye on the entire area. she will probley be doing that the rest of her life but we can handle that.its the best christmas present we could ever hope for!!! thanks for all the prayers and well wishes through this 10 month ordeal she has gone through. (and thanks to all the people at wills eye and jefferson univ. hosp. they saved her life with a little help.)
Quote:
Hey dads, quick update:

DW GOT THE JOB!!!!!

Well, it's a tentative offer depending on the results of her background check, which I think will be fine (as long as they don't look too closely into my background). Other than that, it looks like we'll be moving out of sunny South Florida to Indianapolis this summer (now to talk her into one last visit to Disney before moving). The background check will take 4-6 months, so she will probably go up ahead of us and when the girls finish school the three of us will follow. Culture shock here we come....

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. And I thought last Christmas @ MK was magical.

Great news on the DDC today! Glad to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Hey if you guys think me going swimming in the 40 degree Florida weather was nuts ,wait till Jan 29th. I just signed up to do a Polar Plunge!!!! It is a fundraiser for Special Olympics,I believe there is four of them set up across the state of Pa.I am doing the Eastern region one on Jan 29th.If none of you have heard of this ,it is where you get people to sponsor you and on the date of plunge all participants take a plunge into the icy waters of the Delaware. This should make for one bone chilling experience.But heck proceeds go to the Special Olympics so it should be well worth it. Heck any Dad from the tri-state area that wants to come up and join the team your are more them welcome the more the merrier
That's NUTS! But for a good cause. I can't help but to think about that Seinfeld episode... THE WATER WAS COLD!
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 12-16-2010, 12:54 AM   #1255
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
thanks again! dw is working late to celebrate. she is going into new york city for work again on tuesday and staying over night and working in nyc on wednesday. her and a few girls are going "light peeping" tuesday night. rockerfeller center etc.... i told her to have a good time, ill just be at home complaining about my gums anyway.
Sounds like something one could get arrested for.
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 12-16-2010, 04:10 AM   #1256
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Hey dads, quick update:

DW GOT THE JOB!!!!!

Quote:
Great news, Guys!

Not much going on here. Hoping to hear from our BA son this weekend. Hopefully, he took and passed his "cockpit qualification" test this week. He was invited to sit at the CO's table for the annual Christmas dinner last Friday night. He doesn't know why he was invited other than he's The Boss's 2nd Crew Chief.
I'm really looking forward to the 23rd and the start of 12 days off from work!
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #1257
Sonnyeclipse
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We are doing the 4 day cruise on Aug 21 and are planning some days before and after so we will probably see you after we cruise.
DIS Dad's Club member #538
My December 2010 Trip report

Need to book a new trip.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #1258
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post

ClearScreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ721 View Post
CBS Fantasy Sportsline is another good one. Count me in for sure! NL, AL or both?
I've used Yahoo, ESPN and CBS in the past. My favorites are Yahoo and ESPN... both are good, but I'd probably just stick with Yahoo since that's what we have for football and it will be a similar (familiar) league.

I'd suggest doing both AL & NL... it gives a bigger player pool to pick from and would give us the ability to potentially have a few more teams.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #1259
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobblockhead View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll try my hand when we go in January, but I'll really see how many I can get when we go for a full week in June when I'll have more time to scrounge around.
My son had a great time collecting these on our trip. I had to encourage him to ask the CM's at first since he was a little shy, but once he was successful, he got bolder. I think he ended up with 13 cards. Now they're scattered around the house somewhere...
Old 12-16-2010, 07:54 AM   #1260
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:

We are looking at the first two weeks. We have to be back home for daughter,she has band camp the last two weeks. I believe Steve said he would be there the second week. I didnt think there was any blackouts for Aug but then again I didnt look lol cause we dot get the free dinning be DVC.
We have till FEb to make up our minds on the date cause that will be our 7 month window and I want to stay at BCV,BWV or BLT.I should try aqnd book the Tree house villas now and then just change later.
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: