Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #1216
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
well, we just got back from philly this morning.took dw back to the brain surg. to read the mri she had done in philly the day before we left for florida. if you remember, she had a tumor the size of a quarter on her optic nerve. she completely lose the sight in her left eye. they did sterotactic readiation.(a one time heavy dose of radiation. very dangerous next to the brain and the other optic nerve.) THEY HIT THE TUMOR!!! the tumor is about half the size of a dime with holes in it. the doc was suprised they got that much shrinkage. hes very happy, were very happy. shes cleared!!! we are going back in 6 months for another mri just to keep an eye on the entire area. she will probley be doing that the rest of her life but we can handle that.its the best christmas present we could ever hope for!!! thanks for all the prayers and well wishes through this 10 month ordeal she has gone through. (and thanks to all the people at wills eye and jefferson univ. hosp. they saved her life with a little help.)

Excellent! Woo hoo! Great news!!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 12-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #1217
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
well, we just got back from philly this morning.took dw back to the brain surg. to read the mri she had done in philly the day before we left for florida. if you remember, she had a tumor the size of a quarter on her optic nerve. she completely lose the sight in her left eye. they did sterotactic readiation.(a one time heavy dose of radiation. very dangerous next to the brain and the other optic nerve.) THEY HIT THE TUMOR!!! the tumor is about half the size of a dime with holes in it. the doc was suprised they got that much shrinkage. hes very happy, were very happy. shes cleared!!! we are going back in 6 months for another mri just to keep an eye on the entire area. she will probley be doing that the rest of her life but we can handle that.its the best christmas present we could ever hope for!!! thanks for all the prayers and well wishes through this 10 month ordeal she has gone through. (and thanks to all the people at wills eye and jefferson univ. hosp. they saved her life with a little help.)

That's great news!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Hey if you guys think me going swimming in the 40 degree Florida weather was nuts ,wait till Jan 29th. I just signed up to do a Polar Plunge!!!! It is a fundraiser for Special Olympics,I believe there is four of them set up across the state of Pa.I am doing the Eastern region one on Jan 29th.If none of you have heard of this ,it is where you get people to sponsor you and on the date of plunge all participants take a plunge into the icy waters of the Delaware. This should make for one bone chilling experience.But heck proceeds go to the Special Olympics so it should be well worth it. Heck any Dad from the tri-state area that wants to come up and join the team your are more them welcome the more the merrier
Nope...I only go in water that cold UNWILLINGLY

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #1218
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Nemesisisisisis

I'm sure this does NOT reflect all the nemesisisisisis... please PM me with changes. Also, this format will most likely change.. as there are many that swear allegiance with certain nemesis and I most certainly don't have the time to read through the posts to find them all right now!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 12-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #1219
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
That's Awesome news Dave
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #1220
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Nemesisisisisis

I'm sure this does NOT reflect all the nemesisisisisis... please PM me with changes. Also, this format will most likely change.. as there are many that swear allegiance with certain nemesis and I most certainly don't have the time to read through the posts to find them all right now!
Too funny Don!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 12-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #1221
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Hey Don!!!!

Do you think on the first page you could link (or post) the pictures of the DDC meets? Maybe you can put them in the same post as the nemesisisisis post?
Old 12-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #1222
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

I think a baseball league might be a good idea as well....
If so, I would love to join in. Baseball is my favorite sport.
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011

me dw ds(14) dd(7)
Old 12-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #1223
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

It was a great week (little cold) but all in all a great week
Got to meet a bunch of you guys (6), wish I could have meet everyone

Closed Epcot & MK with Carl, still trying to figure out if Epcot becomes a dry park during EMH

Scored 13 out of 18 transportation cards

Got a pic with Santa Goofy a few other harder pics I managed to get were Big Al, Wendal, Deweey Cheatin (the councilman), Max,

Meet Chris (goofy + 3 ) in Norway, I'll send pic after DW gets them loaded

Toured some of the EMH's in AK with Colin, did Expo Everest & Bugs Life, Colin had a Tripod with him so I'm sure he has some Awesome pics
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #1224
oXar
Mouseketeer

Hey dads, quick update:

DW GOT THE JOB!!!!!

Well, it's a tentative offer depending on the results of her background check, which I think will be fine (as long as they don't look too closely into my background). Other than that, it looks like we'll be moving out of sunny South Florida to Indianapolis this summer (now to talk her into one last visit to Disney before moving). The background check will take 4-6 months, so she will probably go up ahead of us and when the girls finish school the three of us will follow. Culture shock here we come....

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. And I thought last Christmas @ MK was magical.

I'll keep ya'll posted throughout.....
Old 12-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #1225
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
It was a great week (little cold) but all in all a great week
Got to meet a bunch of you guys (6), wish I could have meet everyone

Closed Epcot & MK with Carl, still trying to figure out if Epcot becomes a dry park during EMH

:
sure was dry for us lol
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 12-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #1226
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnyeclipse View Post
Count me in if you have room in any fantasy league. I am a fantasy sports addict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ721 View Post
Count me in! The rotisserie league I have been a part of for the last 7 years has disbanded, so I would definitely be up for a DDC fantasy baseball league!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
If so, I would love to join in. Baseball is my favorite sport.
ClearScreen is the commish for the football league. I'll defer to him if he's interested in running a baseball league as well, or if not, I'd be happy to set one up in a few months.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #1227
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXar View Post
Hey dads, quick update:

DW GOT THE JOB!!!!!

Well, it's a tentative offer depending on the results of her background check, which I think will be fine (as long as they don't look too closely into my background). Other than that, it looks like we'll be moving out of sunny South Florida to Indianapolis this summer (now to talk her into one last visit to Disney before moving). The background check will take 4-6 months, so she will probably go up ahead of us and when the girls finish school the three of us will follow. Culture shock here we come....

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. And I thought last Christmas @ MK was magical.

That's great! It's terrific to see all this good news being posted!

Maybe I'd better go buy a lottery ticket today...
Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #1228
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Hmm... sounds like maybe we were having to good of a time before EMH to really comprehend if/when the park went dry???

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXar View Post
Hey dads, quick update:

DW GOT THE JOB!!!!!

Congratulations!!! Just think, this time next year you'll be a Hoosier! whatever the beverly that means???
Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #1229
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Nemesisisisisis

Nice! I especially like the disclaimer.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #1230
JJ721
Next year for sure....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ721 View Post
Is there a list going of everone's planned visits over the next year?
Ok, just saw post #5 with all the planned trips. Duh.

'67-DLH; '72-CR; '88-DI; '96-DL; '98-Offsite; '02-Offsite; '03-BWV; 05'-BWV; '06-BCV; '06-BWV; '07-BCV; '07-SSR & BWV; '08-AKV; '08-CBR & SSR; '09 CR; '09 Swan; '10-SSR '10-Dolphin
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: