Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #1201
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Can one of you guys up Norf please close the back door???

The cold draft is getting a little old down here....
heck, till tuesday showed up it was warmer here than it was the 2 weeks i was in florida.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #1202
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Can one of you guys up Norf please close the back door???

The cold draft is getting a little old down here....
I think Nick (Disneydaddy-O) might have burnt something in the kitchen of his restaurant and had to open the door to air the place out.That Canadian air can be chilly at times lol.
Speaking of Nick did anyone hear from him lately?
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #1203
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

well, we just got back from philly this morning.took dw back to the brain surg. to read the mri she had done in philly the day before we left for florida. if you remember, she had a tumor the size of a quarter on her optic nerve. she completely lose the sight in her left eye. they did sterotactic readiation.(a one time heavy dose of radiation. very dangerous next to the brain and the other optic nerve.) THEY HIT THE TUMOR!!! the tumor is about half the size of a dime with holes in it. the doc was suprised they got that much shrinkage. hes very happy, were very happy. shes cleared!!! we are going back in 6 months for another mri just to keep an eye on the entire area. she will probley be doing that the rest of her life but we can handle that.its the best christmas present we could ever hope for!!! thanks for all the prayers and well wishes through this 10 month ordeal she has gone through. (and thanks to all the people at wills eye and jefferson univ. hosp. they saved her life with a little help.)
Old 12-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #1204
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
well, we just got back from philly this morning.took dw back to the brain surg. to read the mri she had done in philly the day before we left for florida. if you remember, she had a tumor the size of a quarter on her optic nerve. she completely lose the sight in her left eye. they did sterotactic readiation.(a one time heavy dose of radiation. very dangerous next to the brain and the other optic nerve.) THEY HIT THE TUMOR!!! the tumor is about half the size of a dime with holes in it. the doc was suprised they got that much shrinkage. hes very happy, were very happy. shes cleared!!! we are going back in 6 months for another mri just to keep an eye on the entire area. she will probley be doing that the rest of her life but we can handle that.its the best christmas present we could ever hope for!!! thanks for all the prayers and well wishes through this 10 month ordeal she has gone through. (and thanks to all the people at wills eye and jefferson univ. hosp. they saved her life with a little help.)
NICE!
DIS Dad #400
Old 12-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #1205
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187

Hey if you guys think me going swimming in the 40 degree Florida weather was nuts ,wait till Jan 29th. I just signed up to do a Polar Plunge!!!! It is a fundraiser for Special Olympics,I believe there is four of them set up across the state of Pa.I am doing the Eastern region one on Jan 29th.If none of you have heard of this ,it is where you get people to sponsor you and on the date of plunge all participants take a plunge into the icy waters of the Delaware. This should make for one bone chilling experience.But heck proceeds go to the Special Olympics so it should be well worth it. Heck any Dad from the tri-state area that wants to come up and join the team your are more them welcome the more the merrier
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 12-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #1206
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187

Quote:
Good to hear Dave !!!! I think some of that Disney "Magic" may have followed you home!!

Old 12-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #1207
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
Awesome news Dave!

So glad to hear that the tumor is so reduced.

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 12-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #1208
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Great news! Definitely a great Christmas gift for your family.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #1209
JJ721
Next year for sure....

Quote:
Gotta love those Chirstmas miracles... My thoughts and prayers are with and your family Dave, (as well as Ian and his family) for continued recovery and good health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I don't know... he set it up a couple of threads ago.

It has been a lot of fun though, hopefully we can do it again next year.

I think a baseball league might be a good idea as well....
Count me in! The rotisserie league I have been a part of for the last 7 years has disbanded, so I would definitely be up for a DDC fantasy baseball league!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Man I really hate that Keira Knightley isn't in this one...but I guess I'll have to settle for Penelope Cruz.
Ha! Not a bad place to settle!!!!

My WDW schedule for the next 12 months is still up in the air, but it looks like possibly August, October, and definitely early January 2012 (anyone else doing the Marathon weekend? I think I am going "Goofy" in 2012). Is there a list going of everone's planned visits over the next year?

'67-DLH; '72-CR; '88-DI; '96-DL; '98-Offsite; '02-Offsite; '03-BWV; 05'-BWV; '06-BCV; '06-BWV; '07-BCV; '07-SSR & BWV; '08-AKV; '08-CBR & SSR; '09 CR; '09 Swan; '10-SSR '10-Dolphin
Old 12-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #1210
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Old 12-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #1211
DEA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great news! This is one time that the word "shrinkage" is a good thing.

DIS Dads Member #432
Old 12-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #1212
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

Great news Dave!
Old 12-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #1213
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
Fantastic news! Haven't been able to check in lately CRUD and a kidney stone but glad I got to read good news.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 12-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #1214
Sonnyeclipse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Fantastic news. What a great Christmas present.

DIS Dad's Club member #538
My December 2010 Trip report

Need to book a new trip.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #1215
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Awesome!! You get that tooth taken care of yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Hey if you guys think me going swimming in the 40 degree Florida weather was nuts ,wait till Jan 29th. I just signed up to do a Polar Plunge!!!! It is a fundraiser for Special Olympics,I believe there is four of them set up across the state of Pa.I am doing the Eastern region one on Jan 29th.If none of you have heard of this ,it is where you get people to sponsor you and on the date of plunge all participants take a plunge into the icy waters of the Delaware. This should make for one bone chilling experience.But heck proceeds go to the Special Olympics so it should be well worth it. Heck any Dad from the tri-state area that wants to come up and join the team your are more them welcome the more the merrier
Ummmm... you're crazy. I'd have to have a well-working crotchinator-warmer to attempt something like that!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: