Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:40 AM   #751
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I find myself wishing I knew more about car repairs. I've done a few very minor things, but would love to be able to save the time and money.

I guess I'll be holding down the fort here...
Well, it is more convenient as a DIY sometimes. Not many mechanics work Sunday afternoons.

I'll be right here with ya. Hopefully we'll keep getting some good updates from the lucky ones down south.

page 51 ownage
Old 11-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #752
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Well, it is more convenient as a DIY sometimes. Not many mechanics work Sunday afternoons.
I think that's the worst part, even more than the money side. It's so inconvenient to have to drop the car off for hours (or days), find an alternate ride, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Right here with you, Captain!
Quote:
I'll be right here with ya. Hopefully we'll keep getting some good updates from the lucky ones down south.
Cool. We'll just turn off the heat in the upper floors of the clubhouse and have some nice conversations and fart jokes by the fire.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #753
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Cool. We'll just turn off the heat in the upper floors of the clubhouse and have some nice conversations and fart jokes by the fire.
... and make some pumpkin cannons!!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 11-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #754
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
I think that's the worst part, even more than the money side. It's so inconvenient to have to drop the car off for hours (or days), find an alternate ride, etc.
That's why I rebuilt the old truck... 93 Chevy, not worth anything in a trade anyway. Now with vehicles we have a pair and a spare.

Quote:
Just don't sit too close to the fire.

Quote:
I love the way you think. Count me in!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #755
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 11-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #756
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Quote:
I love the way you think. Count me in!!!
Quote:
Now we're talking... did you guys happen to see the Punkin Chunkin on Discovery Channel over Thanksgiving? Not too often that Delaware makes it onto national TV...with the Mythbusters in attendance, to boot.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #757
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
I've got to say, the flood light sticking out a few feet from the cannon pointing back at it is the icing on the cake. Not worth having a pumpkin cannon if you can't see it shoot after dark.

Quote:
Now we're talking... did you guys happen to see the Punkin Chunkin on Discovery Channel over Thanksgiving? Not too often that Delaware makes it onto national TV...with the Mythbusters in attendance, to boot.
Didn't see it... I did see something about it and meant to set the DVR, but apparently I forgot to do so.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #758
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Ill be with you guys for the next 11 days.
Question for you Daddy-O's. My brother in law MAY go with us now. We found out to add to one of our rooms it will only be $534. However we made ALL of our ressies for dining at 180 days. Question is, will they let us add another person to our table when we check into dine or would he be SOL? Call Dining reservations and they cant add him.
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 11-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #759
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
Question for you Daddy-O's. My brother in law MAY go with us now. We found out to add to one of our rooms it will only be $534. However we made ALL of our ressies for dining at 180 days. Question is, will they let us add another person to our table when we check into dine or would he be SOL? Call Dining reservations and they cant add him.
How about a big maybe? I've heard that sometimes they can add a person, other times they won't. I've personally, never been in that situation before though. I'd definitely say it is worth a try though.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #760
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
Sometimes, depending on the cast member, restaurant, etc. Check in about 15 minutes early for your ADR, and use your friendliest, nicest voice and see if they would be willing to add another to your table. We've done it a few times - even at Cindy's once. We got a scowl from the hostess, but she called up the the restaurant and they said we could, but the would put them at capacity.
Just be polite and remember, they are doing you a favor by allowing another person. You may also have to wait a bit longer for a bigger table. Where are the ADRs you're trying to add him to?
Old 11-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #761
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
I don't know how many updates I'll be putting up here, but I'll update Facebook daily - including pics. If you're not already my friend on Facebook, PM me and I'll send you the link to add me.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #762
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

DIS Dad's Club Fantasy Football League - Week 12/13

Here are the updated standings after week 12:

Sport Goofy
The Mouse of Pain 10-2-0
Passamaquody Dragons 8-4-0
Jasmine's Necklace 8-4-0
Matterhorn Yodelers 7-5-0
Taxidermy Tech 4-8-0
Main Street Moose 3-9-0
Grumpy Old Men 2-10-0

Touchdown Mickey
Test Track Dummies 9-3-0
Le Cellier Dwellers 6-6-0
Small World Singers 6-6-0
Duckburg Ducks 6-6-0
Figment Cowboys 6-6-0
Thunder Mtn Locos 5-7-0
Kerchak's Tribe 4-8-0

There are only 2 weeks left until the Playoffs and The Mouse of Pain and Test Track Dummies have clinched a playoff spot with the Dummies having won the Touchdown Mickey division - Congratulations!

Of course, someone had to win that division where 6 of the 7 teams are closer to last place than first place. The Test Track Dummies rose above the jumble to take control the past few weeks with their impressive 4 game winning streak. As the old expression goes, it's like being named the tallest midget at the circus. However, there is no truth to the rumor that the Touchdown Mickey division will be renamed the NFC West.

In the Sport Goofy division, absent a complete collapse, it looks like 3 teams are battling for the final 2 playoff spots. The Dragons are as hot as a firecracker and riding an astounding 7-game winning streak. THeir 1-4 start is ancient history and is now as forgotten as "Treasure Planet". The Matterhorn Yodelers have headed in the opposite direction and picked the wrong time to have a 3-game losing streak. If they don't turn their luck around this week against Figment Cowboys, they will on the outside looking in. Fortunately, for the Yodelers, Figment Cowboys just lost Frank Gore for the season making the Yodelers the clear favorite for this contest.

The Week 13 matchup of the week has to be THe Dragons vs. Jasmine's Necklace. Both teams are 8-4 and peaking at the right time. Still, it will take a real high-scoring effort for the Necklace to quench the explosiveness of the Dragons who routinely put up 150+ points.

Good luck to all.

Commish out.

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:50 PM   #763
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Mikey headed down tomorrow....of course, work looks to be taking up more time than anticipated..

Someone was coming through tomorrow morning...who was that?

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 11-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #764
billybobblockhead
Kiiiiiiids, listen to your mother!

Quote:
I find myself wishing I knew more about car repairs. I've done a few very minor things, but would love to be able to save the time and money.

I guess I'll be holding down the fort here...
As will I. Those of you headed down be safe and have a great time.

3 of the blockhead 4 were blessed with a stomach virus starting about 2 this morning. The only escapee, for now, is DS. Needless to say, it's been a miserable day. Getting to the bed and into the kitchen where the computer is was a major accomplishment for me. However, I've kept down 16 ounces of fluids since 6 this morning and had a couple of saltines, which have also stayed down, so I'm hoping that I'm on the mend. DD and DW are both racked out on various couches and beds, and I'm waiting for DS to come home from school.
DISDad #425
Old 11-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #765
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Of course, someone had to win that division where 6 of the 7 teams are closer to last place than first place. The Test Track Dummies rose above the jumble to take control the past few weeks with their impressive 4 game winning streak. As the old expression goes, it's like being named the tallest midget at the circus. However, there is no truth to the rumor that the Touchdown Mickey division will be renamed the NFC West.
Wow, brutal.
I think if you look at the parity in the division, you'd see that the argument that the SEC makes every year when they want to send a 1 loss team to the BCS would hold true there... a lot of parity, few off weeks. The 6-6 teams have all been beating up on each other the last few weeks in between taking shots at the Dummies.

By the way, I'm 2-0 against Sport Goofy... just sayin'
I actually looked and the interdivision games have been split 6-6 with 2 yet to be played. Cowboys vs. Yodelers this week, and Locos vs. Tech next week.

The 6-6 teams still have life, especially since one of the 8-4 teams has to lose this week. The Cowboys have a chance to help themselves and their division if they can get a big W this week as well. GO TOUCHDOWN MICKEY!!!

...and the way things are looking this year, AFC South would be more fitting than NFC West. Who's in the NFC West anyway?????

Last edited by afwdwfan; 11-30-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: