Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #601
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Ok, who's DW is dragging them shopping on Friday? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind going shopping with her, but the Friday after Thanksgiving?

I'll be wearing my Hero Gear all day (which might just get me out of it)
Tell her about this really neat invention called 'the internet' and how you can shop Black Friday (or, in some instances, Thanksgiving day) from the comfort of your home without having to fight the parking and the mob of people.
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011

me dw ds(14) dd(7)
Old 11-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #602
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
This is my bass, there are many like it, but this ones mine.........
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #603
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
You had my attention at: “C. F. Martin”… I really didn’t hear another word after that.

If you’re going to spend time in the doghouse, it might as well be comfortable.
i had a feeling you would know what c.f. martin was. hopefully they dont sell out to a company in japan. (rumors have been flying for a few years now.)
Old 11-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #604
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)

Quote:
Plus I can find a way to make just about every stressful shopping experience fun (for me at least); we were in Walmart last year and saw this lady jerk the last vacuum cleaner box out of some other womans hand. So I followed her around for 15 minutes until she left her cart unattended and removed it. Couldn't find the other lady to give it to so I just put it back for someone else.
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011

me dw ds(14) dd(7)
Old 11-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #605
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
i had a feeling you would know what c.f. martin was. hopefully they dont sell out to a company in japan. (rumors have been flying for a few years now.)
One dang fine group of Luthiers. My aunt has a rather old one (which plays fabulously) and I’ve had my hands on many newer examples, but sadly (very sadly ) I do not currently have one of their instruments in the stable. I’ve not herd the rumors, but if it were to be sold, that would be a very great loss for Nazareth and the American music industry. Hopefully it will remain no more then rumor. That’s another reason why I’ll need to get my rump up that way some time in the near. History, ships, food, guitars… I’d be walking around in a trance with my jaw hanging open for days.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #606
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Finished the Thanksgiving decorations - which takes dds (8,6) 15 minutes to put out a few pieces and their artwork saved from years past. Going to Louisville tomorrow to a restaurant with my side of family. Then, home to prepare and get ready to cook for Thursday for DW's side of family. To really prepare for that, I went to the store for a home draft Coors Light and 4 bottles of wine. I still have a half bottle of rum for back-up. Happy Thanksgiving all Dis Dads and may we survive our relatives/ in-laws.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 11-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #607
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Plus I can find a way to make just about every stressful shopping experience fun (for me at least); we were in Walmart last year and saw this lady jerk the last vacuum cleaner box out of some other womans hand. So I followed her around for 15 minutes until she left her cart unattended and removed it. Couldn't find the other lady to give it to so I just put it back for someone else.
Genius. I’d like to have the nerve to pull that off.

Quote:
This is my bass, there are many like it, but this ones mine.........
To quote Agent K: “That... Is a nice fish…”
Old 11-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #608
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

let me know if you ever get up this way. martin gives free tours and i know a few people who work there. (not many,just a few) the family that we are going to wdw with next week his dad just retired last year from there, 43 years!! my nephew works there also. http://www.pcntv.com/shows_tours.html rob here is a link to pa. cable network. they have a show called pcntours. the show goes into pa factories and tape tours and they have a c.f. martin tour if your intrested.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #609
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Finished the Thanksgiving decorations - which takes dds (8,6) 15 minutes to put out a few pieces and their artwork saved from years past. Going to Louisville tomorrow to a restaurant with my side of family. Then, home to prepare and get ready to cook for Thursday for DW's side of family. To really prepare for that, I went to the store for a home draft Coors Light and 4 bottles of wine. I still have a half bottle of rum for back-up. Happy Thanksgiving all Dis Dads and may we survive our relatives/ in-laws.
What restaurant are you going to? We didn't have too much time in Louisville this summer, but it was a really cool town.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #610
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
To really prepare for that, I went to the store for a home draft Coors Light and 4 bottles of wine. I still have a half bottle of rum for back-up. Happy Thanksgiving all Dis Dads and may we survive our relatives/ in-laws.

My wife and I were in the grocery store last night and ended up in the liquor aisle. She gets the idea to get margarita mix and tequila for Thanksgiving. I was trying to give her a hard time and said that I didn't really consider margaritas to be a Thanksgiving type drink. She asked me what I thought would be a good Thanksgiving drink and the only response I could come up with was Wild Turkey.

We're going to have a Jimmy Buffett Thanksgiving this year!
Old 11-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #611
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
oh yes, the christmas day bottle of wine dw and i finish off before noon. she drinks maybe 3 times a year and i drink once a year, it dont take much to take the edge off. if you ever watched everybody loves raymond, my mother in law is marie barone!!! to the tee!!! this past weekend my father in law wanted to go a train show in allentown, so my mil and fil went. they went into the huge arena and my mil stated she cant walk on the concrete for long (she has a bad knee and hip). my fil. 75 years of age, states hes not leavin!! so she goes over to the mall all day shopping!!! i asked her, theres no concrete on the mall floor? do they have feathers on the floor to walk on???? what the peanut butter!! i cant figure out why she dont like me.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #612
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
oh yes, the christmas day bottle of wine dw and i finish off before noon. she drinks maybe 3 times a year and i drink once a year, it dont take much to take the edge off. if you ever watched everybody loves raymond, my mother in law is marie barone!!! to the tee!!! this past weekend my father in law wanted to go a train show in allentown, so my mil and fil went. they went into the huge arena and my mil stated she cant walk on the concrete for long (she has a bad knee and hip). my fil. 75 years of age, states hes not leavin!! so she goes over to the mall all day shopping!!! i asked her, theres no concrete on the mall floor? do they have feathers on the floor to walk on???? what the peanut butter!! i cant figure out why she dont like me.
the apple dont fall far from the tree. this weekend we had to go to lowes for stuff for the washer, dw walks like she 90 years old. drags herself into the store like shes going to the firing squad!!! drags herself out... sunday we had to go to kohls,(BIG SALE!) yippeee, i drug my can in the door, moaned and groaned the entire time. are you done yet?? she loves when i exhale loudly.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #613
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

[QUOTE=FreezinRafiki;39037514]

The Perry the Platypus imitation is spot on, but I have no idea what the rest of that means.

QUOTE]

I'm sorry for the obscure reference...just from a couple of episodes of Phineas and Ferb
Old 11-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #614
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Pjimmeyer;39042741]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post

The Perry the Platypus imitation is spot on, but I have no idea what the rest of that means.

QUOTE]

I'm sorry for the obscure reference...just from a couple of episodes of Phineas and Ferb
i think theres a p&f marathon on the disney chanel wednesday. not sure but i think it starts at noon.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:11 AM   #615
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Stopher, I've been watching the news this morning and they've been covering the fire at Camp Belzer. Do you have any ties to that camp?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: