Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #2851
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

My first grade son was supposed to write a "persuasive" letter home to us. Instead, we get a drawing with the caption, "Oh there you are Perry." It's hard to be mad when we are laughing hysterically.

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #2852
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Ouch that game didn't go the way I thought it would. Congratulations to the Packers and their fans.

The Steelers will be back.

Last edited by chillcoupons; 02-07-2011 at 11:31 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #2853
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Congrats go out to the packers and their fans!! Was hoping for a different outcome.But hey none the less was a good game!!!!!!

BarryYou got me !
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Last edited by DisneyDadC; 02-06-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #2854
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Now that’s something worth getting excited about. Unless someone has a more compelling argument, I’ll just have to pull for a 28-17 Packers win as well.

Go Tim… I mean Go Packers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
Hey Tim.

What's the 3rd Quarter payout? We could root for a 35-13 Steelers at the end of 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrollchristoph View Post
Good luck, Tim!
Thanks fellas. I was close but it wasn't looking so great with so much time on the clock in the 4th. I actually had the numbers I needed for a while.

Brian- I would of taken the 3rd quarter payout. It was $5000.

Here were the payouts:
1Q $1000
H $2500
3Q $5000
F $10,000
Reversed numbers $100
Touching square $50

I came up empty this year. Oh well, it does make the game much more exciting.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #2855
jason4024
DIS Dad #541
I am sure you will get your fill of man things to do around these parts

Location: Coaldale, PA - 1,068 miles north of the happiest place on Earth

Anyone else think today should be a holiday?

What a great game last night. It was definitely worth watching, other than Aguilera blowing the NATIONAL ANTHEM, the halftime sound guy killing what could have been a decent performance, and watching the game with a bunch of letdown Steeler fans...

But now that football is over, is time for the Cup playoffs to start picking up again, and hopefully the Aves will make a run into the playoffs with the resigning of Peter Forsberg, and it is only 6 DAYS until the Phillies ACES and catchers report to Clearwater for Spring Training!

I didn't win enough in Super Bowl pools to pay off our 10yr Disniversary trip, but I did win enough for the deposit, so guess what we are doing tonight!!!! I cant wait. OKW, here we come!

Hope everyone has a great week!

PS - added a chapter to the trip report!

Old 02-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #2856
Rental01
DIS Dad’s Club Member #366

It's official - the Black Eyed Peas bombed the half-time show. I'd say that it was the worst one that I've ever seen - as a whole it just seemed sophomoric. I did dig the Tron theme on the outfits, but as a whole, it sucked.

Unless you're a Black Eyed Peas fan, then I assume it was epic for you?

Meh

Either way, I'm glad to see the underdogs won. As a fan of cheese, this is not just a win for Wisconsin, but America.
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance
Old 02-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #2857
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rental01 View Post
It's official - the Black Eyed Peas bombed the half-time show. I'd say that it was the worst one that I've ever seen - as a whole it just seemed sophomoric...
I have never seen a "good" Super Bowl halftime show....EVER.

I think they should go with a David Copperfield or Chris Angel Magic show...or maybe a Cirque du Solei type show... or BEVERLY a marching band would be better than the PEANUT BUTTER they've put on stage since Michael Jackson showed up in 1993.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #2858
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
I have never seen a "good" Super Bowl halftime show....EVER.

I think they should go with a David Copperfield or Chris Angel Magic show...or maybe a Cirque du Solei type show... or BEVERLY a marching band would be better than the PEANUT BUTTER they've put on stage since Michael Jackson showed up in 1993.
I think "Up With People" did the halftime show before Michael Jackson and I don't think that was much better. I do like the idea for Cirque or a great marching band, but some Hollywood type designer/promoter/producer will continue to peanutbutter it up for years to come.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #2859
DEA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4024 View Post
Anyone else think today should be a holiday?
Absolutely. Part of my future campaign for President will have "The Monday after Super Bowl Sunday is a Federal Holiday" as a major plank in the platform.

DIS Dads Member #432
Old 02-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #2860
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillcoupons View Post
I think "Up With People" did the halftime show before Michael Jackson and I don't think that was much better. I do like the idea for Cirque or a great marching band, but some Hollywood type designer/promoter/producer will continue to peanutbutter it up for years to come.
Looking thru the list on Wikipedia...see Disney Produced about 7 different shows thru the years...last one being in 2000 with Phil Collins.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #2861
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

I didn't really care too much about who won, just wanted to see a good game. Glad that the Steelers finally decided to get going towards the half.
Congrats to the Packers and fans. I guess that I may have been unintentionally rooting for them with the Cheesy snacks we had (Sausage dip, Pizza, Cheesecake).

I agree that the Half-time show was just bad. Even worse was the singing of the National Anthem. This is probably the most watched and heard singing of the National Anthem each year. If she wouldn't have been so focused on adding her own "flair" she might have been able to remember the words. Why can't these singers JUST SING THE SONG! It's important to some of us!

Not overly impressed with the commercials, although I did laugh at a couple of the Pepsi Max ones. The best one liner in a commercial had to be the response to Ozzy Osbourne asking "What's a Bieber?"

Now, what do I do with my Sunday afternoons between now and August?
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 02-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #2862
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

The Prince halftime show a few years ago was AMAZING, complete with a totally unplanned rainstorm starting while he played "Purple Rain", and playing right through it without a hitch. I actually used to enjoy the Black Eyed Peas, back around 1998 or so. Then will.i.am discovered autotune and it's been all downhill since then. The halftime show was AWFUL. I was wondering what they were going to do with the dancing ice cube-heads at the end. Turned out, nothing. What a waste of time, money, and talent.

In other news, it's good to be back to work today. I'm not sure which is worse though - being sick for a week or digging out from under the mess that accumulates while you're out sick for a week?
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 02-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #2863
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Glad to hear that you're back on your feet AJ! Seems like you had your own climate there for a while.
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 02-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #2864
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

While there was much eating, drinking, talking, etc... going on during the halftime show I thought it wasn't too bad. I like the BYP and their 'futuristic' style. Coming from LA as a hip-hop group that was signed to Easy-E's label to what they have become today, I can understand the transformation. I liked them when they were hip-hop but as a POP group they have a broader audience. They also have a 5-6 grammy's too. As far as auto-tune, it is a fad that is luckily on it's way out. I liked seeing Slash but didn't care for Fergie's rendition of Sweet Child of Mine. Sing it the right way. I guess I need to watch it again and maybe I'll have a different take on it.

Hey, the halftime show could be much worse... we could have Kanye West, Lil' Wayne or Soulja Boy out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
Even worse was the singing of the National Anthem. This is probably the most watched and heard singing of the National Anthem each year. If she wouldn't have been so focused on adding her own "flair" she might have been able to remember the words. Why can't these singers JUST SING THE SONG! It's important to some of us!
ITA.... I wish they would sing the anthem the way it was written. Adding all the extra notes and drawing it out is VERY annoying. It is embarrassing when they sing the wrong words.

Quote:
Now, what do I do with my Sunday afternoons between now and August?
Watch NASCAR?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #2865
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

I remember liking the U2 halftime show. Otherwise, I can't think of a single halftime show I've ever enjoyed. Apparently, wastewater treatment plants all over the nation experience their single greatest flow rate at halftime of the Super Bowl.

Anyway, I think the Mythbusters should do the halftime show from now on.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: