Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #2101
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
I've seen the tags, but haven't had a chance to seek you out until today. I love the criteria list and found myself checking off several. My first name is Matt and I'm planning for summer 2012 (mini family reunion trip.) I work in a tech support call center for a wireless provider in the Public Safety division (supporting smartphones & mobile broadband cards for police/fire/ems/military/govt accounts.) I'm also the media pastor at church (I get to play with all the cool toys), my wife and I have 2 daughters ages 8 and 6 and I just ordered my first HD TV today. (I gotta say I'm pretty stoked about that.) I feel the urge to flatulate when ever someone sends "pixie dust" my way and I enjoy mocking those who take themselves too seriously.
To The Dis Dads Emma's Dad will be around to give you your official #
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-19-2011, 01:19 PM   #2102
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Hello Boys,
I've been in a bit of a funk recently. Too much stuff going on to really get in the Disney spirit. That all changed today, however. Disney streamed the Christening of the Disney Dream this morning live online.

I seriously can't wait until I'm on that boat in October!!!!!

Sorry about the funk. With a WDW vacation recently completed, a cruise on the Dream booked, and your Packers 2 wins away from a title, I can see why you'd be down...

Just kidding. Hope things perk up for you. I'm sure watching the ceremony helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrollchristoph View Post
These are great! Thanks for the "talking points" to sell my wife on a cruise!
No problem. If you really want to sell her, just start talking about how wonderful Castaway Cay is. Let us know if you need bullet points.

Quote:
I've seen the tags, but haven't had a chance to seek you out until today. I love the criteria list and found myself checking off several. My first name is Matt and I'm planning for summer 2012 (mini family reunion trip.) I work in a tech support call center for a wireless provider in the Public Safety division (supporting smartphones & mobile broadband cards for police/fire/ems/military/govt accounts.) I'm also the media pastor at church (I get to play with all the cool toys), my wife and I have 2 daughters ages 8 and 6 and I just ordered my first HD TV today. (I gotta say I'm pretty stoked about that.) I feel the urge to flatulate when ever someone sends "pixie dust" my way and I enjoy mocking those who take themselves too seriously.
Welcome Matt! I've seen you around commenting on some mutual friends' TR's, good to have you here as well!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #2103
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Welcome!

With an introduction like that, you are not only accepted for membership, but you're officer material!*

*We don't have officers.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #2104
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello Boys,
I've been in a bit of a funk recently. Too much stuff going on to really get in the Disney spirit.
Sorry to hear you were a funky Monkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
its funny, we will watch old tapes of epcot and dd will ask, were was that? i think the land ride is the only thing thats still the same other than theres not a guide on the boat with you. i still miss horizons and the gm building.(now test track) ya well, someone said thing will always be changing and discovering new ideas.
I read somewhere they were looking into recreating all the old rides as part of a virtual reality attraction. Can't remember where I heard it though.

Quote:
I feel the urge to flatulate when ever someone sends "pixie dust" my way and I enjoy mocking those who take themselves too seriously.
Welcome! Can we rename you Great Air Biscuit?

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 01-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #2105
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Welcome!

With an introduction like that, you are not only accepted for membership, but you're officer material!*

*We don't have officers.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #2106
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Hey, Matt! Welcome! I worked tech support for an internet service provider for 3 years... don't want to do it again! Congrats on the new TV! We're looking for a new one...possibly this year. Not sure if we are going to look at the 3D TV's or not. They sure are impressive in the store! Another crop duster!!

You are member # 554!

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 01-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #2107
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Sorry about the funk. With a WDW vacation recently completed, a cruise on the Dream booked, and your Packers 2 wins away from a title, I can see why you'd be down...

Just kidding. Hope things perk up for you. I'm sure watching the ceremony helped.
It was just a perfect storm of things. Post-vacation & post-holiday blues, winter weather, home remodeling projects (which are still on-going), and a ton of stuff at work to do. Plus, this past weekend we had to make a last-minute, 6 hour drive (in a snowstorm) to be with DW's ailing grandfather.

But, now the bathroom is remodeled, so that's out of the way. We still have to get everything moved out of the master bedroom and DS' room so carpet can be installed on Thursday. Oh, and we're going to paint our room before the carpet goes down.

But it is amazing how just watching a Disney video can brighten your day. Well, that and the prospects of beating the Bears on their home turf this weekend and bringing the Lombardi trophy back home in 2 1/2 weeks.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #2108
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
Sorry to hear you were a funky Monkey.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #2109
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucks1168 View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome and my name in lights on page 1
Glad to see you made it here with the rest of us Dan!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 01-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #2110
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
Most important meal of the day...every meal!!!

How do the meals on board the DCL's work? 1st time on any cruise for me and DW for her birthday cruise. Looking for info for when we sail on the Dream in Oct. Im used to the meal plans at WDW but how does it work on board? Do you get so many meals a day? Snacks a day? Do you have to eat at certain times? Can I eat with my elbows on the table? Can I slurp the soup without getting yelled at?
Thanks for any and all help!!
You can even take your teeth out to eat if you like. We had a gentleman at our table do that and I kept thinkin he looked different and it was not until the last night of the cruise that I saw him sneek his teeth into his napkin right before dinner was served LOL Sign your kids up for the kids club...they have a blast there...and the added bonus is the wristband they give them has a GPS in it so if the get lost they can be found easily...we had to use that little bit of technology on the last cruise with our daughter who decided to wonder off with a group of little girls while we had our head turned for a second I wish our cruise was this year instead of on the Fantasy next year! I am so ready!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 01-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #2111
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
You can even take your teeth out to eat if you like. We had a gentleman at our table do that and I kept thinkin he looked different and it was not until the last night of the cruise that I saw him sneek his teeth into his napkin right before dinner was served LOL Sign your kids up for the kids club...they have a blast there...and the added bonus is the wristband they give them has a GPS in it so if the get lost they can be found easily...we had to use that little bit of technology on the last cruise with our daughter who decided to wonder off with a group of little girls while we had our head turned for a second I wish our cruise was this year instead of on the Fantasy next year! I am so ready!!!
KIDS ARE STAYING WITH THIER NANA!! WOOOHOOOO Adults only trip!!!
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 01-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #2112
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
It was just a perfect storm of things. Post-vacation & post-holiday blues, winter weather, home remodeling projects (which are still on-going), and a ton of stuff at work to do. Plus, this past weekend we had to make a last-minute, 6 hour drive (in a snowstorm) to be with DW's ailing grandfather.

But, now the bathroom is remodeled, so that's out of the way. We still have to get everything moved out of the master bedroom and DS' room so carpet can be installed on Thursday. Oh, and we're going to paint our room before the carpet goes down.

But it is amazing how just watching a Disney video can brighten your day. Well, that and the prospects of beating the Bears on their home turf this weekend and bringing the Lombardi trophy back home in 2 1/2 weeks.
Well it's good that things are coming along Barry, with the house and all, and that you've moved out of that funk a little bit. I can't wait to be on that ship myself, but sadly we don't have a cruise booked like you do. We were supposed to... but we'll just take the few trips we do have scheduled. Which reminds me, I still need to reset my trip tickers... so until I do, let's just go with this for now.... 2. That helped my funk last week, and I can't wait to board that plane.

Of course slowly creaking out updates to my two TR's helps a bit as well - of course I have another one waiting to be started, so I move a couple of inches, only to move back one. Whatever.

Just dropping by to say hey to everyone.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #2113
Rental01
DIS Dad’s Club Member #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Basically all food on the ship is included in the price of the cruise (except alcohol and a few room service items). Dinner is the biggest production. There are two different seating (one early, one late) and three main dinning rooms (“Enchanted Garden”, “Royal Palace” & “Animators’ Palate”). You’ll be assigned a rotation (printed on you key card) and will dine in each restaurant on different nights. As you move from on venue to the next each night, the servers that are assigned to you will follow along. There are also two “signature” restaurants that you can get reservations for with an additional fee (“Palo” - Italian in style and “Remy” - more French in style).

For every other time of the day that your feeling peckish, you either call up room service, or just walk up to any food service counter and ask for something on the menu and they hand it over. There are several counter service spots on the main deck and a cafeteria style restaurant (“Cabana’s” on board the Dream) that you can walk into most any time of the day. You can also go to one of the three main dinning rooms for either breakfast or lunch. The only differences from dinner are that they will seat you (rather that using your assigned table) and that you’ll be served by which ever CM is assigned to that table at that time (not you regular server).

Well that’s the basics. I can give you more specifics as the questions arise.
We're planning on the Fantasy in 2012 and through talking it through with my friends who have been on traditional cruises, they recommend tipping upwards of $100/day for wait staff, room service, etc. How would tipping work on a Disney cruise, especially when you have the same people each day? What would be appropriate for room service and mousekeeping?

In other news, we're also very interested in looking at DVC. All y'all DVC DisDads - what's the minimum buy-in now? Can you start as low as 100pts or is it still in the 180 range?
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance
Old 01-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #2114
dadio
DIS Dad #501
glassblowing dad to 3!

sent ya a PM Stopher...

...well my bags are packed,
I'm ready to go....

one more nite and were off in the am!
excited to check out the boarkwalk....
fingers crossed for no rain......
crowds should be nice.....
Old 01-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #2115
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WELCOME MATT!!! flatulates and mocking, two things we do well around here!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: