Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Memories that will live on forever! Oct. 17-24, 2010-UPDATED 10/7/11 and New TR Link

Welcome readers! I am looking forward to sharing our adventures with you!

The Who:

DH aka Stuart: Stu is a test engineer with a manufacturing company. He is a Disney fan because with a house full of princesses he doesn't really have a choice. His first trip to Disney was in April of 2008. We went for our tenth anniversary without the kids because he thought the girls were too young. The second that he walked onto Main Street in Magic Kingdom he said we needed to come back with the kids.

DD7 aka Erin: Erin is a first grader and she loves school. She is a fun person to be around because she is willing to try anything. There isn't a ride that she won't try if they are willing to let her on it. She received an early birthday present before we left. We gave her a camera to use on our vacation and I can't wait to share some of the pictures that she took!

DD4 aka Ava: Ava is excited to be a preschooler this year. Ava is tiny, but spunky. We measured Ava weekly going into our trip because we weren't sure if she would make the 40 inch mark yet again. Ava is also the most difficult child in the world to photograph! It is few and far between that you get a picture of Ava where she is looking at the camera and smiling.

Myself aka Heidi: I work two days a week as a Dental Hygienist so I can talk to people about brushing, flossing, and Disney! It has been an adjustment for me this year having both girls in school at least part-time. I have enjoyed being able to have the opportunity to be more involved in their schools.

The What: Our second annual trip to Florida with all four of us! This years adventure includes stops at Disney World, Islands of Adventure(for two of us), and Cocoa Beach.

The When: October 17-24, 2010

The Why: Because I LOVE Disney!!

I will put a table of contents with links in the second post.

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 10-07-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Table of Contents

Today is the day!
The Holiday Inn SunSpree
Epcot-Here we come!
Am I Big?
Will Ava Soar Over California?
Are we going to Pick a Pearl now?
Our Italian photo shoot
All about Ava
What's next Ava?
My little bubble chaser
Alice, hey Alice!
Time to keep some promises!
Magic Kingdom Take Two
Naveen sure is easy on the eyes!
Erin meets her twin
Grown-ups behaving badly
Will I finally get to see Wishes?
My sunscreen tastes icky
Ava conquers a biggie
Erin's picture tour of the Backlot
...and the lady in the pink shirt!
Block Party Bash
You want to do THAT?
How many characters can we meet in 20 minutes?
Wrapping up another great day!
What is the matter?
Could that baby elephant be any cuter?
I really don't want to get wet
Stuffing our faces 'Ohana style
Souvenirs

CALIFORNIA LINK:
California, Here We Come!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 10-07-2011 at 10:18 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #3
laashley
DIS Veteran

I'm here. Great intro. So glad we were able to meet in Disney. Can't wait to read all about your trip!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
claryche
DIS Veteran

Yay. I'm the 2nd person. Can't wait for your trip report. I'm sure you guys had a blast.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
I'm here. Great intro. So glad we were able to meet in Disney. Can't wait to read all about your trip!
Hi Ashley! I am so glad that we ran into you at Epcot! We ended up having a great week. Let me know when you start your report so I can follow along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche View Post
Yay. I'm the 2nd person. Can't wait for your trip report. I'm sure you guys had a blast.
I'm glad that you found me and thanks for joining in! I wasn't sure if this years trip would be as fun, but Stu and I agree that we had an even better time this year.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
disney<333
DIS Veteran

I was looking for your TR! Joining in!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:02 AM   #7
CW4DW
Waiting to return to the World

I'm in - looking forward to reading about your adventures. Your girls are too cute!

1st trip ever ~ September 2006 (Pop Century) | Winter Trip ~ January 2007 (Pop Century) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2007 (Riverside) | Honeymoon ~ October 2008 (Riverside) | Spring Break at Disneyland ~ March 2009 | Free Dining ~ September 2009 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2009 (Riverside) | Springtime Trip ~ May 2010 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) | Spring Trip ~ April 2011 (Riverside) | Fall Trip ~ September 2011 (Boardwalk Villas) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2011 (Riverside) | February/March 2012 (Riverside) | September 2012 (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village) | December 2012 (Old Key West & Riverside)
Old 11-05-2010, 03:40 AM   #8
Deon.Newmankgyxc
Mouseketeer

hope you can post more pics
Old 11-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
I was looking for your TR! Joining in!!!
Hi Barbara! I'm glad that you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4DW View Post
I'm in - looking forward to reading about your adventures. Your girls are too cute!
We had a great trip and I can't wait to share about it. Thank you for the kind comment about the girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deon.Newmankgyxc View Post
hope you can post more pics
I have many pictures to share in upcoming posts!
Old 11-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #10
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Today is the day!

I never imagined that we would be going back exactly a year to the day of our last trip. Stu wasn't really hot on the idea of going back so soon, but he said that Erin and I could go if I found a good deal. The thing that really holds us back is the cost of flying. I scoured airline sites for about 6 months and one day a deal so good came up that I couldn't believe my eyes! We have a regional carrier called Allegient Air. If you booked a hotel package with them you received buy one, get one free air tickets and if you stayed at least three nights at the hotel the fourth night was free! I quickly brought the computer to Stu and he said that wasn't a bad price for Erin and I. When I told him that would be the price for ALL of us he said the sweetest two words-BOOK IT!

Since we booked with Allegiant it also meant we would have a DIRECT flight from our city. There were a couple of negatives. The first meant we would not be staying on-site. I got over this pretty quickly because I was still going to Disney World! The second negative is that the flight would be coming into Sanford, which is about 50 miles from Disney. We decided to rent a car and this actually turned into a postive for us.

On the morning of the 17th I was up at 5:30. Who can sleep in when they are leaving for Disney World! We did not need to be at the airport until 8 am, so we were able to take our time getting ready. My parents arrived around 7:30 to bring us to the airport. It was nice to not have to leave a car at the airport.

Before leaving we had one last thing to do. We had to remove our tag from our count-down calendar!

We arrived at the airport right at 8 and we were the first in line to check-in! After check-in we headed to the lone resaurant in the airport for some breakfast with my parents. I had mentioned before that we gave Erin a camera for her birthday. It was great entertainment for her while we waited for our flight. She was ripe with power!

She needed a picture of herself-

The lobby-

Pictures on the wall-

Light fixtures-

I think you get the idea!

Security went smoothly. I was a little concerned because the girls had all of their pins in their carry-ons, but they didn't blink an eye. My parents stuck around to watch us go through security because they thought it would be entertaining with all the stuff we had, but the kids did great!

On the plane Stu was on one side with the girls and I sat across the aisle. I had a really nice guy next to me who happened to be from Cocoa Beach. I told him we were headed there later in the week and he gave me great tips about what beaches we should go to and where to eat. When we were flying in we came in along the Atlantic coast. It was fun to have him tell me what cities and beaches that I was seeing. It was like he was my own personal tour guide!

Erin had to get a couple of pictures on the plane-

I think the one she took out the window is awesome!

Our plane arrived about 20 minutes early and we made our way to the baggage claim. Our stroller and car seats made it safely, so we headed to Avis. There was nobody waiting at the desk, they had our keys waiting, and the car was literally waiting for us across the street! I have to say that the Sanford airport was a breeze.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #11
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Hi Heidi!!!

Glad to see your trip was as wonderful as last years!!! Great Start! Can't wait to hear some more!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #12
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I'm joining in! Your girls are just adorable. Can't wait to hear about your trip. We were down there for a few days the end of October as well
Old 11-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #13
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Hi Heidi!!!

Glad to see your trip was as wonderful as last years!!! Great Start! Can't wait to hear some more!
Hi Kim! It is nice to see you here! We didn't have the crazy big pixie dust that we received last year, but there was still plenty of pixie dust placed upon us. It was easy to just be laid back this year because there wasn't the pressure to try to see everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I'm joining in! Your girls are just adorable. Can't wait to hear about your trip. We were down there for a few days the end of October as well
Welcome! Isn't October just a great time to be there? We couldn't have asked for better weather. I had a friend text me while we were there to check if we had turned on our furnace back home because it was so cold. Glad I missed out on that!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #14
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Joining in on your report (:
Your daughters are too cute!
I can't wait to hear all about your trip

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 11-05-2010, 11:31 PM   #15
claryche
DIS Veteran

I agree, that picture your daughter took of the airpline wing and the sky is awesome. Great great picture.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: