Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #121
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Gosh Epcot looks scorching that day, really don't get how some people think AK is hotter than Epcot, least with AK there's trees for shade.

Sorry you felt so rushed, but you did quite a bit and catching a performance too Looking forward to your LC review
Old 01-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #122
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyTwoPrincesses View Post
Joining in! I am really enjoying your report. It is fun to hear about your adventures outside of Disney. Discovery Cove sounds really neat. It will be fun to go when my kids are a little older!

Hi and welcome! I think the next time we would go to Discovery Cove would be if we have children! we loved watching the smaller ones in our group getting so excited to meet the dolphins!

It was great doing so many different things but I'm looking forward to making our next trip to Florida an on site, all Disney , slightly more relaxing vacation, unfortunately that won't be until 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Epcot really is loads of fun, but you're right. The only way to do the World Showcase is to leisurely explore, drink in hand! Can't wait to hear about what you think of the World Showcase!
Our trip round world showcase is definitely not the prettiest one we were just so hot and rushed, but DBF is very keen on a relaxing 'drink around the world' for our next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Awwww! That's so sweet!

Love your WS pictures, especially the ones with y'all wearing the hats in Mexico!
DBF is so easy going, I'm not quite so laid back but if I do get annoyed at things not going to plan he's good at joking and cheering me up back into good form!

Thanks, I like those photo's too, although there are so many good photo opportunities round world showcase, I know its cheesy but I really want to get the kissing in the phonebooth in the UK shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Gosh Epcot looks scorching that day, really don't get how some people think AK is hotter than Epcot, least with AK there's trees for shade.

Sorry you felt so rushed, but you did quite a bit and catching a performance too Looking forward to your LC review

I agree, Worldshowcase always feels like the hottest part of any park to me!

We rushed Worldshowcase but enjoyed it as we rushed if that makes sense ?! and I think we have learned a few tips (that I should have already picked up from the boards but oh well ) to enhance our next trip round the lagoon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #123
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Around the world in 80 minutes, ending in Le Cellier!

As we progressed around Worldshopwcase, our temperature increased, our appearances degenerated and our overall enjoyment dipped, we had just got our approach all wrong! but we were looking forward to our meal at le cellier and we endeavoured to get a photo in each country we passed (=ran) through! after reading so many beautiful trip reports telling about trips around world showcase why did I let this disaster occurr?...ok better stop ranting at least lesson learned, here's a few more photo's of our journey...

The main photo I want to get next time, even before any character photos is a kissing one of me and DBF in the phonebooth, DBF basically had to be levered in here, he was not loving our long walk in the heat! we didn't stop in one store throughout the countries, so at least a lot of stuff will be new to us on our next trip!

At last we arrived in Canada, I have visited Canada 10 times and it one of my favourite places in the world!

I wonder is this supposed to represent Niagra Falls!!!

So we headed on to check in for our ADR for ...

LE CELLIER! I had read so many good reviwes about this restaurant, it was almost a Disney Legend in my mind and I couldn't believe we'd managed to get a dinner reservation! We sat down in the lovely, dark cool waiting area...mmm bliss! A CM called out a reservation for, Kent, Clarke, is there a Clarke Kent, he went and shouted it outside...I looked at the other couple and we all started laughing and I said to the CM, you've got a reservation for superman!!! he hadn't noticed at all! so the other CM at the podium and us and the other couple were laughing away!

We got seated and our waitress was pleasant but not overly friendly, I would have loved to talk about Canada a little bit and mentioned I'd visited but I sensed she was a little too busy to chat! I told DBF about the great reviews for cheddar soup...I live vicariously through his palate!!!

man o man, DBF loved the soup! and we were both in heaven with that pretzel bread, our server told us to pick our favourite and she would bring us more of it which was a nice touch! I think we both liked the sour dough pretzel bread the best! and with the air con and the lovely environment we were both in a lovely happy Disney mood again!

For main, I ordered the filet just plain, no mushroom risotto, and with fries, I asked for it well done and she asked did I want it butterflied, so I went for that option!!! and it was gorgeous!!! Now on to my slightly more twisty DBF...DBF is not really that used to eating in fancy reastaurants and it seems like he almost panics when its time to order and he sometime just copies me, without properly thinking through his decision! I know that sounds crazy and he's loads better now, but maybe it was also because he was just experiencing so much new stuf, anyway...

the table beside us got their meal, and the guy got a huge steak, vegetables, fries and it looked delicious, then DBF's and mine arrived out, pretty small (obviously=filet) with the risotto hidden beneath! DBf was just looking at his plate and at the guys next to him in total shock...and I was like 'I told you not to copy me'!!! DBF then ordered the chocolate cake for dessert and again was not impressed likening it to a store bought cake that had been left out to dry for 3 days! o dear...harsh!

these small issues were not really deal breakers in my opinion, ie DBF should have known filet would have been small...but then the bill arrived at around $100 and DBF was just totally plain shocked!

So our Le Cellier experience was good, but also a taste of how expensive Disney dining can be! the whole way back to use our Soarin fastpass DBF talked about how dear the meal was, how little the steak was, how big his neighbour's steak was...etc! I was about to push him over the bridge! I thought I'd never get back to Le cellier, but as the holiday progressed and we discovered that many many places were expensive, DBF seemed to get more acclimatised and commented that next time we go to Le Cellier he will know not to order the filet!

After our first ever amazing ride on Soarin (asked DBF last night what his fav ride was and this was top 3!) front row! we headed over to use our fastpasses for testtrack! which actually took a long time, maybe 25-30 minutes, and they never collected our fastpass tickets so we enjoyed giving out a set of fastpasses to a couple of girls that approached the regular line!

DBF thought it was funny how much I enjoyed giving away fastpasses, we gotto do it at Busch Gardens too, I just love when stuff like that happens to me and like to spread that happy feeling the few times I can!

So we left Epcot before Illuminations, we needed to do some laundry and we had an early start the next day...so no illuminations...I'll just make no comment on that or this would be the post of despair! but needless to say it is something that I will definitely be fitting in next time!

and the award for least well groomed girl in Epcot today goes to...the lady above!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #124
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix
Cannot, under any circumstances, say no to a glazed Krispy Kreme
Let's just hope that I never get drunk and end up with Snape tattooed on my butt

Loving your report so far!

But Why is the Rum Gone? The Disneyween Trip ~*~No Day But Today- January 2007 Report

May 2000 - Poly & DCL * May 2001-WL, PO-R & ASMo * Dec 2001- PO-R, AKL, Poly, and WL * Nov 2002 -ASMu,Poly and PO-R * Dec 2004- ASMu, WL, PO-FQ, Poly, and PO-R * Dec 2005- ASMu, OKW and the Swan * Feb 2006- Pop Century * Jan 2007- ASMu, WL, AKL and BCV* Oct 2007-AS Sp,OKW, BCV, POR * Dec 2007- Gave up and moved there!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #125
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I just found your report and I'm loving it.

I have never been to Discovery Cove, but it definitely looks like something I want to try.

I agree that the show at Sea World would seem ruined because the trainers no longer get in the water with the whales.

I think it's awesome that you love our accents here....I love all accents that aren't ours!

Can't wait to hear more.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:24 AM   #126
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Poly Princess View Post
Loving your report so far!
Hi!!! and thanks! although trip reports are much harder than I had anticipated to keep fresh and lively! I should have took better notes! but I do enjoy thinking back on it! I need to do something for a Disney fix my next possible trip isn't until 2014!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I just found your report and I'm loving it.

I have never been to Discovery Cove, but it definitely looks like something I want to try.

I agree that the show at Sea World would seem ruined because the trainers no longer get in the water with the whales.

I think it's awesome that you love our accents here....I love all accents that aren't ours!

Can't wait to hear more.
glad your enjoying the report...was some of the best 2 weeks in my life so far!

You should definitely try Discovery Cove sometime, the dolphin interaction was class! DBF just was sitting on the edge of his seat waiting for them to dive in...but nope...I woder will they ever re-enter the water with the whales?

Oh, american accents just put me in a good mood! love getting off the plane and hearing all those lovely voices!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #127
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Love the Clark Kent mix up in LC, DF would have loved that (huge Smallville fan). Glad you guys enjoyed LC and that DBF wants to go back again Is a great restaurant, just bear in mind to make a lunch reservation rather than a dinner as dinner seatings are now 2TS credits, whereas lunch is 1TS
Old 01-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #128
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you guys had a fun evening! Honestly, Disney prices are the reason I like staying onsite and getting the DDP. The prices are more "hidden" that way and I don't have to deal with how expensive everything!
That was nice of you guys to give away your FP's-- I'm sure you made those girls very happy!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #129
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Your DBF is so funny! Mine would have said the same thing if that happened to him, he likes large portions, especially if they charge a lot for what he's ordering.

You're so lucky to have been to Canada 10 times...I've never been! I'd love to go someday.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #130
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Love the Clark Kent mix up in LC, DF would have loved that (huge Smallville fan). Glad you guys enjoyed LC and that DBF wants to go back again Is a great restaurant, just bear in mind to make a lunch reservation rather than a dinner as dinner seatings are now 2TS credits, whereas lunch is 1TS
Yep, we both thought lunch would be good next time, seemed a good bit cheaper! we were talking about our nesxt trip back last night actually which can't be til 2014, and DBF was saying we might be able to go before then, and even though realisically I know we can't it;'s nice to know he wants to go too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Sounds like you guys had a fun evening! Honestly, Disney prices are the reason I like staying onsite and getting the DDP. The prices are more "hidden" that way and I don't have to deal with how expensive everything!
That was nice of you guys to give away your FP's-- I'm sure you made those girls very happy!
We did have a fun evening, and I think the three main rides at Epcot are all just sooo outstanding! love them all!
Our next trip is 100% going to be onsite and I'm fascinated by the Disney dining plan and what constitutes a snack credit etc, so could be an option for us?!
I love when pople leaving the park or not needing their's approach you with fastpasses so try and pass on that happiness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Your DBF is so funny! Mine would have said the same thing if that happened to him, he likes large portions, especially if they charge a lot for what he's ordering.

You're so lucky to have been to Canada 10 times...I've never been! I'd love to go someday.
DBF likes his money's worth! and we got a lovely 3 course meal in Chilli's with beer and strawberry dacquiri's for about $40 but I think by the end of the holiday he appreciated that maybe the hassle of travelling back and forth makes staying and eating within disney worthwhile...

I love Canada, we always stayed with relatives, sometimes for a month at a time and got to do lots of stuff we'd never have found on our own, can't wait to take DBF someday!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #131
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

I LOVE your dress that you're wearing, it is so pretty.
It is so hot in WS. We felt we were just running through too & missed out on a lot.
Too bad that your DBF didn't get the right type of order for him! I've never been to LC, but I would love to go just for the cheese soup & bread!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 02-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #132
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
I LOVE your dress that you're wearing, it is so pretty.
It is so hot in WS. We felt we were just running through too & missed out on a lot.
Too bad that your DBF didn't get the right type of order for him! I've never been to LC, but I would love to go just for the cheese soup & bread!

It's actually a top tucked into a skirt and is from a super cheap shop we have called Primark, where I get loads of my clothes, the top skirt and belt probably cost about £15 in total, maybe about $22!

WS definitely can't be done properly in a rush, but live and learn! Would you and Brad even fancy doing a drink round the world and doing the passport stamping thing? I think that sounds like so much fun! although it would have to be a long day for me to spread out 10 drinks over! or maybe I'd have to sit out a couple of countries...

You should definitely try LC, I didn't try the soup but the bread was borderline the nicest bread I've ever tasted!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:19 AM   #133
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Kennedy Space Centre & Citywalk

Day 8: Kennedy Space Centre, not one of my anticipated highlights of the trip, but we set off nice and early and enjoyed the drive down...

upon arrival we had to queue for a while before we got our tickets, I think we went for the most basic ticket which included the bus tour with three different stops, the museums, shows and the space launch experience...

so we jumped on the bus and soon we driving by this building

When you look at DBF's head beside it, it doesn't even look that big BUT, we had a really funny monotone tour guide and he kind of droned (but in a funny memorable way...'this is the fourth largest building, by volume, in the world, our bus could drive up the white stripes in the flag with room to spare...etc etc' he must've said it was the fourth largest building...by volume about 5 times and me and DBF laugh every time we see this photo, which is where the space shuttles are actually all put together before launch!

Our first stop was a viewing platform that had information and views of the actual lauch sites...

Back on the bus we passed and were told again all about the '4th largest building...by volume...in the world', the driver showed a short movie clip about the space programme and pointed out general points of interest as we drove along...the bus was politely quiet until he stopped here and said...;if you look over in the water to the right there may be a manatee and we often see alligators in this area...THE WHOLE BUS GOT UP AND STAMPEDED to the window and the bus driver said...'Gee y'all folks shoulda went to gatorland!!!' me and DBF thought this was so funny! Here's our photo, we could see both actually but neither the manatee or the gator has appeared in my bad photo!

he also told us to look our for the tracks at the side of streams/rivers where alligators slide down on their belly's into the river! this made our drive home much more interesting as we looked out for all the marks along the river banks!

Our next stop started with a show in a sort of launch auditorium about what actually haoppened in the control room prior to launch, the countdown etc...it was very fascinating...we then went inside a huge building which housed a quick service restaurant, shops, exhibitons and of course this bad boy...

What with DBF being so tiny in this photo and wearing red its like a 'Where's Wally'...

One of the reasonss we spent so long in this area taking photo's was because we couldn't find the exit!

before we left, we saw another show about the first landing on the moon, the casualties before they achieved their goal and the journey of the shuttle that finally made it, just *** they were coming to their climax, (presentation on screen) the vehicle (or a replica) of the vehicle that landed on the moon was actually lowered from the ceiling, a very memorable ending and we learned so much about the Space programme and it's history that day! learning about how NASA is being wound down, DBF was even happier we had managed to fit this into our trip!

Back on the bus we headed to our final stop which was looking at parts of the space programme that are still semi active today and the collaborations with other countries, we got to look insside at the conditions the astronaughts live in in space...

We got on our final buss journey back to the main visitor centre and after having a look around

we headed over to the Launch Experience, this was similar to Mission Space in general idea of launch simulation and flying through space but totally different in practice, this was not an enclosed area more like a platform with about 20-30 maybe more huge chairs on it, the launch consisted of mostly shaking, and although it wa very intense you didn't get the weird weightless feeling you get at mission space, I think the soaring through sspace part was slightly better at Kennedy though, although I suppose they've got the best footage! an enjoyable experience though and the exit was a lovely spiral walkway through space!

All in all a (surprisingly) enjoyable and relaxing day for me and DBF!

We stopped at a bookstore on the way home for a few hours and then went back to the room to get ready to meet our friends again at Citywalk this time, although we were sstarving we were supposed to eat dinner with them so held off on eating just yet...baaad mistake!

DBF actually loved the atmosphere at Citywalk, all the nightlife in one nice safe environment (maybe thats not really true but compared to some of the dives back home thats the way it seemed to us) really appealed to him, I think DTD would have been the ssame apart from we only had time to rush through it on our Raglan Road night...

our friends were running late and so we enjoyed a few drinks (on empty stomachs) and man were they strong! o dear! by the time our friends arrived we were starving and had had time to concume about 3 drinks each, they were't really hungry and we waited for them to get a drink too but then I had to really stress I needed some food! so we headed to the Hardrock Cafeand shared a appetiser sampler, bewtween 5 adults!!!

Can anyone see where this is leading?!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #134
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Glad you guys enjoyed the space center. It's never been on our to-do list, but I guess it is something everyone should experience at least once in their lives.
Uh oh...I think I can see exactly where your story is going! 3+ drinks on an empty stomach is never the best idea!!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #135
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

That's hysterical about what happened at the bus with the gator viewing I enjoyed your pictures of the space center. Oh gosh, 3 drinks?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: