Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #91
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

You didn't get there until 3?! Were you nervous about it the whole day? I would have been but that's because I'm a control freak!! I honestly didn't know that SeaWorld had rides! I went once or twice as a kid and I'm pretty sure there were no rides then! Funny! Glad to see DBF was starting to get into the roller coaster thing!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #92
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post

I came back from Florida in July with just the hint of a tan...me and DBF didn't lie out in the sun and took advantage of air con areas when we could! I'm not great with the heat but hopefully will be ok by spending time in the shade and hopping in and out of the pool...

I had stayed for Fantasmic standing room on our last trip and it was pretty miserable, CM's were trying to hustle the crowds probably for health and safety reasons but weren't having much effect, although the show was fantastic getting bumped and your view blocked intermitted-ly the whole way through wasn't!

We did get a lot done at DHS, but would have liked another go on ToT, and would like to try the animation class next time!
Hopping in and out of the pool is good, keep hydrated and spend some time in the shade too and you will be fine Oh and plenty of sunscreen

Gosh you were brave watching Fantasmic standing only. I would be hopping all over the place

Great update, can't believe you got to SeaWorld at 3pm, but it looks like you got a good few things done. Manta sounds like a cool ride, have you been to Alton Towers? They have a ride called Air and basically you are strapped in and flying like superman is a really cool ride, esp when it turns you round in a corkscrew type turn
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #93
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Great update! I've never been to Sea World, but I know there is absolutely NO WAY I would ever ride on Manta, light or dark!!! You two are very brave!

What is a ice lolly?

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 01-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #94
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Nice update! I've not been to Sea World since 1993 (!) so I can hardly remember it... scary to go off 'the plan' hehe .. but is sounded like it worked out great for you guys, and included shopping time, yay!

That's such sad news about the lady on her honeymoon in Mauritius, I read about it on the news today

Emma x
Everyone's in total shock about it, just tragic in so many ways...young, beautiful, on honeymoon, in her own hotel room...just tragic!

Would you ever fancy giving Sea World another try Emma? It's actually one of my favourite parks, especially as we got to back and had an equally great day later in the holiday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom View Post
u have the best updates.. i am still enjoying reading everything... Your trip sounds so exciting.. I know what you mean about being disappointed with no trip to Disney.. But, once you find a vacation spot that you love its hard to differ from it especially when you only get maybe 1 or vacations a year..
My husband wanted us to make a plan to take a short 3 night vacation just to 2 of us, without our 5 year old.. HA.. I upgraded our trip to Disney to the Poly instead.. HAHA
Thanks, it was a very exciting trip but sometimes a bit too eventful and I think I'd try and make our next trip maybe solely to Disney with more relaxing time in between the theme parks!

Upgrading a little 3 night vacation to the Poly... thats the kind of sneaks that are more than acceptable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
You didn't get there until 3?! Were you nervous about it the whole day? I would have been but that's because I'm a control freak!! I honestly didn't know that SeaWorld had rides! I went once or twice as a kid and I'm pretty sure there were no rides then! Funny! Glad to see DBF was starting to get into the roller coaster thing!
I was so tired in the morning that it was nice to chill and relax with the shopping, at a totally different pace from taking part in the opening rush at Sea World would have been. But I'm a bit like you Nikki find it hard to relax when know the plan is not being strictly adhered to! and when we got there and we'd sort of missed most of the shows I was getting ready to feed DBF and his soccer match to the alligators, but I resisted! but we had another day later in the holiday also at Sea World that more than made up for it!

Sea World has got 3 main rides: Kraken, a floorless very smooth coaster with a crazy first drop, Journey to Atlantis, starts like a log flume and changes to a water coaster pretty cool, and then Manta, the one that you swoop around kind of lying forward instead of sitting up! all are brilliant in my opinion, would you and Tom fancy a trip to Seaworld at some point? the dolphin show Believe that we saw on our second day at Sea World was one of the highlights of our trip, absolutley amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Hopping in and out of the pool is good, keep hydrated and spend some time in the shade too and you will be fine Oh and plenty of sunscreen

Gosh you were brave watching Fantasmic standing only. I would be hopping all over the place

Great update, can't believe you got to SeaWorld at 3pm, but it looks like you got a good few things done. Manta sounds like a cool ride, have you been to Alton Towers? They have a ride called Air and basically you are strapped in and flying like superman is a really cool ride, esp when it turns you round in a corkscrew type turn
Alwaya wear sunscreen, do you remember that weird song from a couple of years ago? I know this is so immature but I hate putting on sunscreen... it just seems like such a boring 5 mins when I'm ready to get out in the morning on holidays but DBF keeps me on the straight and narrow and reminds me to top up all the time! and I'm so pale I need loads...

Fantasmic standing ain't pretty!

Yep, we were lucky enough to get the three main rides done, I've heard about Air at Alton Towers and desperately want to go, but me and DBF are planning a house at the moment and the architect is draining our bank balances so badly! Would you say Alton Towers is really worth a trip? I could maybe try and swing a day trip towards the end of this summer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Great update! I've never been to Sea World, but I know there is absolutely NO WAY I would ever ride on Manta, light or dark!!! You two are very brave!

What is a ice lolly?
Do you think Levi and Lexi will want to try crazy coasters like that and pull you and your DH along?! me and my sisters made my nana go on Rock n rollercoaster and when we got home from the holiday she was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy (sp) a quite serious heart condition and was advised to not even lift heavy objects never mind 0-40mph in about 2 seconds! oh dear!

Ice lolly=popsicle

here's another few irish to usa conversions in case you think they're funny, i'll keep our version on the left

chips = french fries
crisps = chips
good craic = good fun
eejit = silly person
holy ghost malachy = omg
Old 01-14-2011, 02:09 AM   #95
Stefy

Quote:
Alwaya wear sunscreen, do you remember that weird song from a couple of years ago? I know this is so immature but I hate putting on sunscreen... it just seems like such a boring 5 mins when I'm ready to get out in the morning on holidays but DBF keeps me on the straight and narrow and reminds me to top up all the time! and I'm so pale I need loads...

Fantasmic standing ain't pretty!

Yep, we were lucky enough to get the three main rides done, I've heard about Air at Alton Towers and desperately want to go, but me and DBF are planning a house at the moment and the architect is draining our bank balances so badly! Would you say Alton Towers is really worth a trip? I could maybe try and swing a day trip towards the end of this summer...
I am the same, esp when I have to put it on first before my moisturiser. But its a quick easy job and will protect you not just on holiday but in the long term too

I would recommend Alton Towers, its so much fun and if you can swing it stay a night at the hotel there (not the water park one). You get early entry to the park as a hotel guest and you get your own (long) walkway entrance to the park too. Or you can take the train/monorail as well.

I would look out for the two for one offers for Chessington, Alton etc but also look out for offers for the hotel too on their website. If you can swing then defo go
Old 01-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #96
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]

I remember that song!!! It was from way more than a few years ago! I remember because it was popular when I graduated college...in 1999!! Man, I am feeling old lately!

I never wear sunscreen either. I don't think I have ever put it on, even as a kid. I rarely burn though...it's the Italian in me!

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]

eejit = silly person
Kind of like jacka$$?
Old 01-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #97
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm joining in! I love your TR! Your Sea World day sounds fun-- sometimes you have to just go with the flow. Outlet shopping can be just as fun as going to one of the parks anyway
Old 01-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #98
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Girl! How did I miss you starting this?! Well I'm here now! I felt the excitement of getting to WDW with you.

Love the Chef Mickey pics! Looks like you guys had a good time there. And I love your headband!

You know I like the Ariel shirt, haha!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #99
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Even though you got to Seaworld late, I'm amazed you guys still were able to get on the most popular rides there. I had to google Manta because I hadn't heard of that ride and it looks crazy cool! Although I'd never go on it Good for your BF for starting to enjoy going on roller coasters!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #100
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
I am the same, esp when I have to put it on first before my moisturiser. But its a quick easy job and will protect you not just on holiday but in the long term too

I would recommend Alton Towers, its so much fun and if you can swing it stay a night at the hotel there (not the water park one). You get early entry to the park as a hotel guest and you get your own (long) walkway entrance to the park too. Or you can take the train/monorail as well.

I would look out for the two for one offers for Chessington, Alton etc but also look out for offers for the hotel too on their website. If you can swing then defo go

Yep, will definitely be wearing sunscreen and staying in shade some too, I found a lovely nivea suncream with gold shimmer but I think the line has been discontinued, my mum really liked reimann's p20? that she used this year...

I will go have a look at the website, I love theme parks and rollercoasters and won't get a fix this year in Egypt at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
I remember that song!!! It was from way more than a few years ago! I remember because it was popular when I graduated college...in 1999!! Man, I am feeling old lately!

I never wear sunscreen either. I don't think I have ever put it on, even as a kid. I rarely burn though...it's the Italian in me!

Kind of like jacka$$?

1999! whoa just feels like a few summers ago! My two sisters are 16 and 18 and partying non stop and I feel very old and boring next to them...but I'm heading out in Belfast tonight which is always good because they keep some places over 25's and then we can be the young ones again!

Your lucky Nikki, I used to go a better colour when I was little but my tan is so slow now! I watched Unstoppable last weekend and Rosario Dawson really reminded me of you...have you ever heard that before?

And yeah, a real country person round here would say 'he's the pure eejit' = 'what a jacka$$! exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Hi, I'm joining in! I love your TR! Your Sea World day sounds fun-- sometimes you have to just go with the flow. Outlet shopping can be just as fun as going to one of the parks anyway
Hi and I was looking at the comments on my pre trip report a few nights ago and now your here! a good coincidence!

Thanks, our Seaworld day was really good, much more relaxed and I loved how much DBF Loved shopping! He though the value for money was great at the outlets, we ended up going to two more times!

Are you thinking of doing a trip/pre trip report for your Port Orleans visit? My mum and nana are staying there this May and are so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Girl! How did I miss you starting this?! Well I'm here now! I felt the excitement of getting to WDW with you.

Love the Chef Mickey pics! Looks like you guys had a good time there. And I love your headband!

You know I like the Ariel shirt, haha!
You found me!!! The trip report was hard to start but I'm getting more into the swing of it now and enjoying reliving an awesome trip!

That was the headband mum got me that she thought had a minnie mouse vibe! I like wearing the Disney gear and really getting into the Disney spirit! I loved chef Mickey's although DBF nearly choked when he got the bill!

2 castmembers told me that they liked the Ariel tank! it is cute, I loved the photo of you wearing it beside DBF and the big Mickey ears at the contemporary, it looks good with denim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Even though you got to Seaworld late, I'm amazed you guys still were able to get on the most popular rides there. I had to google Manta because I hadn't heard of that ride and it looks crazy cool! Although I'd never go on it Good for your BF for starting to enjoy going on roller coasters!
I was also surprised we managed to squeeze in the 3 biggest rides, although the queue for Manta was loooong! We didn't do Wild arctic which I think DBF would've enjoyed but on the to do list for the future...

Yep he was getting into the coasters, even if he was scared he would never want me to do it by myself, so he was almost forced by his own niceness to give even the scariest rollercoasters a go! the only ride I'm not keen on is one that hovers you at the top of a long tower for a horribly agonising wait then drops you straight down. although ToT is an exception! Do you go on the rollecoasters at Disney?
Old 01-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #101
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Banjaxed at Buschgardens...mood improved at Maggiano's

Day 6 in Orlando:

We got up early and started the drive down to Tampa, DBF had to stop twice to stretch his legs as his knees get very sore when driving and when we eventually arrived at Busch gardens he followed the exact directions of the Sat Nav and we entered the Busch Gardens car park from a side road that meant no queue and no parking charge...very very weird!

We then went to join the huge crowd of people in front of the turnstiles, after about half an hour we reached the front, this seemed by far to be the hottest day of the holiday and we were roasted and very glad to have reached the end of the line, I have over my flexticket to the CM and he passed it through the machine, it didn't work...neither did DBF's, the CM Looked at our flex tickets and said...'Sorry guys these flex tickets don't cover Busch gardens, you need the 6 park flex ticket to cover entry to Busch Gardens.'

I was stuck by horrible realisation, normally with my mum Busch gardens has been on our flex ticket, but I had chose Busch Gardens as the add on option to my Discovery Cove Tickets...which were in the hotel safe in Orlando!!! I was in a total panic and explained the situation to the CM who sent us way back past all the lines to join the queue for the customer services house...45 minutes later, roasted alive with very little shade we reached the window for Custopmer Services, I told them our story on the verge of tears, I was so upset at my own stupidiy, cancelled out DBF's mistake for forgetting his licence for sure! Luckily they were able to verify our tickets online somehow and printed us out paper tickets that would allow us entry! Relief

By this time we had watch hundreds of people pass us by, the crowds were really huge so we invested in an express pass an additional expense of $45...and then rejoined the queue for the park which was another half an hour...a very costly mistake indeed!

So by the time we got into the park, my head was nearly away with the stress worry and heat! Mountain Dew got me refreshed a little bit...we enjoyed watching the massive croc but he was sleeping so w moved on to the elephants...their keeper was feeding them and giving a talk...

Oh dear...possibly the most gross photo of me evr! but also a true reflection of how I was feeling...

Our day consisted of about 6/8 rides:

Montu...a good rollercoaster

Sheikra, a really wide (maybe 10-12 seats across) rollercoaster that drops you straight down, pretty scary but nice and smooth

The log flume...DBF really enjoyed this

Kumba...an 8 loop coaster, both thought this was good, we wnt on twice

The Rhino Rally and edge of Africa both nice for seeing the animals.

Gwazi...both tracks, a wooden rollercoaster, I was feeling a bit sick from being so warm and this coaster felt like it was going to shake my brain right out!!! also just as we pulled back into the station, one of the trains got stuck, full of people, on the first hill, it was just so hot me and DBF both were worried they'd all be getting sunstroke if they weren't rescued soon.

We ate a mediumly ok buffet munch of pizza pasta and salad, was good to be airconditioned!

DBF tried a few fairground games...

This day just seemed like such a struggle after the bad start and the immense heat and neither of us felt it had been worth the long drive, but OTOH I think we would have enjoyed it under cooler more relaxed circumstances. Some of the highlights were a big brass band we watched playing Michael Jackson songs and spending time watching the white tigers!

We were sooo ready to go home at about 4.30 but we had arranged to meet my aunt and her daughter who live in Orlando and my dad's cousin who was in Tampa in business for dinner, so we ventured into Tampa and met up with my family. This was probably the highlight of our day...

We went to Maggiano's and it was great! Everyone on the table ordered family style, 2 starters, 2 salads, 2 pasta dishes, 2 main courses and 2 desserts and they brought ourt more of anything that the table really likes, I ordered a steak because I'm such a plain eater but it was great for DBF to get to try all this great food that we wouldn't normally choose, like chiken parm, lasagna etc. I tasted the garlic bread with Parmesan and the profiteroles and they were gorgeous! The wine was flowing, My dad's cousin is from New York and him and my aunt kept us entertained the whole night, a lot of laughter and my aunt paid the whole bill which was very kind of her, we drove home after a long day that had a really cheerful, good company ending!
Old 01-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #102
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]

Do you think Levi and Lexi will want to try crazy coasters like that and pull you and your DH along?! me and my sisters made my nana go on Rock n rollercoaster and when we got home from the holiday she was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy (sp) a quite serious heart condition and was advised to not even lift heavy objects never mind 0-40mph in about 2 seconds! oh dear!

Ice lolly=popsicle

here's another few irish to usa conversions in case you think they're funny, i'll keep our version on the left

chips = french fries
crisps = chips
good craic = good fun
eejit = silly person
holy ghost malachy = omg
Lexi & Levi better not pull me on any roller coasters like that! The little ones at Disney is the most I'll do. I actually have cardiomyopathy too. My condition came after birth of the twins. I can always use that as a excuse to stay off the scary rides!

Thank's for the irish conversions! I was trying to figure out if Ice lolly was a ice-cream, popsicle or slushie!

Now I know where the word eejit comes from! I'll have to start using the word 'ice lolly' now .

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 01-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #103
NikkiLovesWDW!

Oh lord, I would have totally freaked if I forgot the tickets!!! I can't even imagine what you must have felt! Thank god they were able to find them electronically!!

Sounds like a nice night with family and good food!!

Quote:

Your lucky Nikki, I used to go a better colour when I was little but my tan is so slow now! I watched Unstoppable last weekend and Rosario Dawson really reminded me of you...have you ever heard that before?
Oh weird! No, I've never heard that one before but I can see the connection. It's the big eyes probably.

Quote:
And yeah, a real country person round here would say 'he's the pure eejit' = 'what a jacka$$! exactly!
Haha, that's what I thought!
Old 01-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #104
Stefy

Quote:

Yep, will definitely be wearing sunscreen and staying in shade some too, I found a lovely nivea suncream with gold shimmer but I think the line has been discontinued, my mum really liked reimann's p20? that she used this year...

I will go have a look at the website, I love theme parks and rollercoasters and won't get a fix this year in Egypt at all!
I used to use P20 but found it a bit too greasy after a while. I'm knida fussy when it comes to sunscreen because I don't like anything with smell and I don't like having to constantly reapply.

My aunt actually suggested Boots Soltan last year and we both bought a bottle each and I can say we will defo be buying it again. Not only is it the No. 1 voted sunscreen in the UK, but it doesn't have an overpowering smell and it also has moisturiser in it too. The after sun is also very good too (something that is needed on Florida holidays esp when you are out in the sun all day).

Did you check out AT yet?

Gosh what a nuisance about the ticket mix up, but so glad the CM's were able to fix it for you Glad the rest of the day turned out good and dinner with your family sounded like lots of fun
Old 01-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #105
DizFan101
DIS Veteran

Great report....
I really want to go to sea world again. I only been once when i was like 9-10 years old and too short to pet the dolphins which was one of my main things back then. . quite disappointing that I couldn't reach. lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: