Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #31
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Oh poodiddly!!! I didn't know you had started yet!!

well, sweet girl....I am here now!
Old 11-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #32
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Okay, caught up now!! I have always wanted to go to London!!! Oh, and the London Dungeons too!! lol

Wow...Discovery Cove looks awesome!!! That is also on my list of to-do things! Once Hannah gets old enough to do it, or at least we will let Hollie do it since she is our little swimmer!

Oh, oh, oh...I know where your going next!!! One of my most favorite places ever from one of my most favorite movies!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #33
Antigua08
Mouseketeer

Loving your trip report so far, such bad luck at the start though. I completely understand your dislike of fish. Luckily when we go to DC next year l'll have my DD to look afer so will paddle with them but that's as far as l'll go. Kids are great for excuses!

Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

My 1st trip report, Sept 2011!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2820408
Old 11-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #34
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Nice to see your photos of Discovery Cove.. I've never been there - I'm also not a great swimmer & would worry about the rays! .. I've told DF I'll go snorkelling with him on our honeymoon - I'm going to have to be brave!

I love Mountain Dew too! never realised it was full of caffeine until recently though.. they've started selling it in England now but it's called "Mountain Dew Energy" ?! lol

Emma x
Old 11-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #35
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Oh OH....I know where that last picture is...

Titanic Exhibition!

Old 11-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #36
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
You remind me of me! I can't hardly stand the thought of fish brushing up against my legs. It seems like a cool experience in theory (I mean, I'd love to try Discovery Cove), but I'm sure I would have a major freak out with the fish!

It looks like you had a great dolphin experience. That sucks about the expensive photos though
We enjoyed the experience but kept thinking we should have been more adventurous! We kept laughing at each other being scared but we got talking to a few people around the lagoon that felt the same so don't worry if you end up going I bet you'll have company being a bit freaked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Oh poodiddly!!! I didn't know you had started yet!!

well, sweet girl....I am here now!
glad you found me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Okay, caught up now!! I have always wanted to go to London!!! Oh, and the London Dungeons too!! lol

Wow...Discovery Cove looks awesome!!! That is also on my list of to-do things! Once Hannah gets old enough to do it, or at least we will let Hollie do it since she is our little swimmer!

Oh, oh, oh...I know where your going next!!! One of my most favorite places ever from one of my most favorite movies!!
Discovery Cove was amzingly cool and a very different pace from the rest of our holiday...but I think parents watching their children interact with the dolphins probably get the best kick out of it...so if you get a chance to take the girls...I'd say would make for some good memories!

Think you've figured out my not so subtle clue! what a classic!!! although makes me so sad (esp the older couple and the mummy with her children) lying on the bed) that haven't watched it in ages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigua08 View Post
Loving your trip report so far, such bad luck at the start though. I completely understand your dislike of fish. Luckily when we go to DC next year l'll have my DD to look afer so will paddle with them but that's as far as l'll go. Kids are great for excuses!

Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.
Hi and although it seemed horrible at the time we tried hard to just concentrate on sorting the car hire (to be revealed very soon!) and my mum had warned me to let go of my anger towards DBF and just enjoy yhe holiday!

I later found out that at home in Ireland after my distraught phonecall my mum dad and sisters were all acting me out in a not so complimentary manner of how I would be reacting to forgetting the licence...

babies would be the perfect excuse to stay out of the scary fish lagoons! they're a good bit colder than the lazy river etc...not suitable for little ones at all ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Nice to see your photos of Discovery Cove.. I've never been there - I'm also not a great swimmer & would worry about the rays! .. I've told DF I'll go snorkelling with him on our honeymoon - I'm going to have to be brave!

I love Mountain Dew too! never realised it was full of caffeine until recently though.. they've started selling it in England now but it's called "Mountain Dew Energy" ?! lol

Emma x
Would it be shallow water snorkelling or the deeper waters with a tank emma? either sounds brave to me! but once we got the hang of snorkelling we really did enjoy it...we just didn't have much to look at in the lazy river!!!

I tend to love all things that are bad for me! thanks for the info, gonna keep an eye out for mountain dew around home now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
Oh OH....I know where that last picture is...

Titanic Exhibition!
Hi!!! 100% correct! DBF had 2 requests in Florida, this and the Kennedy Space Centre, so we managed to tick one off our list by the end of our first full day in Orlando!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #37
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Titanic Exhibition and torrential Rain

So after our long but beautiful day at Discover Cove we got the IRide trolley back to our hotel and then walked down the street to the...

Titanic Exhibition...which DBF had really been looking forward to. We got a vard on our way in whcih was a character from the ship, I was a maid to a 1st class family but DBF got Captain Smith which we thought was very cool!!!

This was the last exhibition/show of the evening...and although our actor was a great presenter we think he must've had a date straight after work because we weren't allowed much time to stop and look properly at the information/pictures etc and were allowed only a few seconds for photos before we were herded on!!!

DBF really wanted a picture of us with the grand staircase behind us, but the stretched arm maneouvre wasn't really working out, but luckily a nice swedish couple took ours and vice versa and we were happy with our jack and rose at the staircase shot!!!

the guide was actually trying to move us on during this phto and commented on my short hem line saying how I was going to catch a cold in this icy air as I'd forgot to put on the rest of my dress!

DBF was a little bit sad at the rushed tour but really enjoyed the bits we did get to see...here he is among some of the posters at the end...

we ended by eating a nice dinner in TGI's but hadn't yet learned the lesson to bring in a sweater...the aircon was FREEEZING!!! we then waited an hour on a taxi (4th july maybe was the reason for the delay) then chanced making a run through the torrential downpour back to our hotel...BIG Mistake...we were about halfway and a taxi in shining armour picked us up and drove us the rest of the way home! so a watery end to a long day!

BUT...we couldn't be downbeat as the next morning we were heading to CHEF MICKEY'S and the MK!!!

And our car hire dilemma is eventually resolved!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #38
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Looks like you had a blast at DC, great pictures

Sorry the Titanic exhibit was so rushed, it looked like lots of fun though

Looking forward to reading about your MK Day
Old 11-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #39
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

The Titanic exhibit sounds really cool. I think it was here in NYC a few years back but I never got to see it. I can only imagine what the crowds would have been like! Love the picture of you two in front of the staircase
Old 11-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #40
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

What a cool experience! Bummer that they were trying to rush you, but at least you go some good pics
Old 11-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #41
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

blah.. what a way to end the day... looking forward to hearing about Chef Mickey's/MK and hopefully your car rental issues have been figured out!!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #42
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Looks like you had a blast at DC, great pictures

Sorry the Titanic exhibit was so rushed, it looked like lots of fun though

Looking forward to reading about your MK Day
I've taken way too long to put on this update but real life has gotten in the way! boo!

I think we'd do the titanic exhibition again if we got a chance it was very cool, and try to avoid the final show of the evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
The Titanic exhibit sounds really cool. I think it was here in NYC a few years back but I never got to see it. I can only imagine what the crowds would have been like! Love the picture of you two in front of the staircase
Thanks I love the staircase photo! although we were lucky to snatch it as we were herded through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
What a cool experience! Bummer that they were trying to rush you, but at least you go some good pics

DBF was happy to get half of his wish list ticked off on only our first full day! the other part was Kennedy Space Centre,,,I hadn't been looking forward to either but really enjoye both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
blah.. what a way to end the day... looking forward to hearing about Chef Mickey's/MK and hopefully your car rental issues have been figured out!!
Hey Raecheal! it was a bad end to the day but nearly so bad that it started to get funny! even the car drama has a comical side now but only with plenty of hindsight! there was nothing funny at the airport car rental station when I was crying my eyes out!...
Old 11-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #43
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Car Drama Resolved and Chef Mickey's with a huge queue issue!

Ok sorry for the late update...my irish dancing concert is this week and we're practicing so so hard, will be a great relief to have it all over and done with...we have sold out 2 shows on Saturday which = around 800 tickets!

Back in Florida...it was Monday 5th July...our alarm woke us at 4.45 the plan was for my nana to go to the vehicle licencing agency with Ray's driving licence first thing Monday morning in Ireland to fax the licence to the Alamo centre at Disney where we would hopefully receive the fax at their opening of 6am (11am in ireland) and drive off into the sunrise!!!

remarkably (thanks nana ) the plan worked out, the fax xame through and we were issued with a set of keys (although we had picked alamo because it gave you the option of choosing your own car we were so happy to get our car that we jsust took the keys and ran!

Here's a photo of our lovely mazda whick DBF really loved!

so after a few hiccups (the driving along with the food was the only times we had heated disputes on the holiday!) we made it to the contemporary where we gladly handed the keys to the valet parking man and headed into the Contemporary over half an hour early for our 7am reservation at Chef Mickey's!!!COLOR]
I was really on cloud 9 at this point. Things were really looking up, the car fiasco had been saved, we were on disney property and had so much fun in front of us! what a great feeling!

here is me and DBF in the deserted contemporary!

I really loved the Contemporary and would love to stay there some day but DBF prefers the other 2 monorail resorts so if we ever make it onto that line it might be the poly! this ADR was also a sneaky way of showinf DBF how great it would be to stay in a monorail resort and the handiness of the transport to the parks!!!

ANYWAY...as we were so early there wasn't even a CM at the podium to check us in but I hovered in the general check in area determined to protect my place as first in line! DBF persuaded me to sit and relax and enjoy the view by pionting out the general lack of life in the surrounding area and so we sat and cuddled and looked out at the view...then suddenly a CM appears and an unknonwn lady materialises as if from nowhere and goes to check in just as I jump up and get back in line! Rage! I feel like Monica in Friends in the wedding dress shop!

DBF tries to make me feel better by saying is only one little lady...does anyone guess what's coming next??????

TOUR GROUP!!!!

80 of them!!!

all in front of us!!! we just hadda laugh!

once we eventually got shown through after 80 lime green t shirts (look out for them in the background of our photo's) we were quickly seated and went up to fill our plates...mmm...this was my kinda breakfast

I had been looking forward to the mickey waffles for about ten yers!!! and it was only a few minutes before the characters started to be led out...

Wish DBF's eyes were open with Donald, even though we were 2 adults we both agreed that meeting the characters at the table was really cool! when the time for the napkin dance came I was practically bouncing in the seat with excitement, my friend had been earlier in the week and had loved this part...I'm so glad DBF got into the swing of things, some boys would be too cool for school...

This is probably my favourite character photo , the waitress was very good and didn't mind taking our photo and the family next to us offered to take any if we needed also...I'm glad we wore these shirts, Mickey and Minnie gave them the thumbs up!

We both enjoyed our first character Dining experience altough when the bill arrived in the region of $70 DBF nearly choked on his mickey waffle! he also found the food a little on the sweet side where as I was running a one man relay race with the donut station, love the little timbit glazed ones! mmm!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #44
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Ooooh, I love your bow!!! So cute! Glad things seem to start turning around for you! (Minus the tour group....)
Old 11-22-2010, 08:32 PM   #45
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

That's a whole lot of lime green! It looks like you had a great breakfast. And I'm glad your car issues worked out

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: