Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #151
klacey1
DIS Veteran

So sorry for your family friends. What a terrible situation.
I love the Tink tee-- too cute!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #152
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! I hope their family is doing ok...
Very cute clothes! I have one Tink shirt from our last trip (which had gotten too small from my growing gut at the time), so I hope to wear it again. But I may need to buy a new one...

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #153
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

So sorry to hear what happened, my thoughts are with them at this difficult time.

Your tees are v cute, love the Donald and Daisy one
Old 03-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #154
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
I love your new shirts. The 1st two are my favorite & so cute!

I am sorry to hear about your friend. That is so sad, I feel so bad for his two daughters. My prayers tonight will be for those little girls. It's good they have you for their dance teacher to show them some extra love.
got my nana the donald and daisy one too! I really liked it!

Its a very surreal situation in such a small community, and no one can really believe it has happened, I couldn't help giving the girls a big hug before they left dancing last week, they are very good and maybe its a blessing they are so young in a way because they can't really grasp the forever-ness of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
So sorry for your family friends. What a terrible situation.
I love the Tink tee-- too cute!
it is probably the worst thing that has ever happened to people I know in real life...

thanks, i love stuff with Tink on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! I hope their family is doing ok...
Very cute clothes! I have one Tink shirt from our last trip (which had gotten too small from my growing gut at the time), so I hope to wear it again. But I may need to buy a new one...

Any excuse for a new disney shirt! at least you had a good excuse, if my disney shirts don't fit me it will be because of chocolate dependence
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
So sorry to hear what happened, my thoughts are with them at this difficult time.

Your tees are v cute, love the Donald and Daisy one

Hi Stefy, did you see the p[lane crash on the news?

I got that daisy and donald one for nana too, her and mum will be easy to spot in the parks, 2 peach ladies!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #155
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Day 10: Shopping, the briefest ever visit to W'n'W and the Outback

After our supremely off target Day 9, today was back to the itinerary...we headed off to the outlets and the Florida Mall, and the number photos I have of our shopping expedition totals...NIL! so I'll just briefly share some of my memoreis from the day...

Our favourite stores at premium and prime and really the only ones where we got gifts and or items for ourselves were...
- aeropostale for my dad and DBF
- betsy johnson for my sisters
- Guess for my dancing teacher
- nike and adidas for sneakers for me and DBF
- Miss 60 and Energise for jeans for ourselves
- Juicy Couture - tracksuit for me

We headed over to the Florida Mall and we stopped at Coldstone Creamery...OMG...please if you get a chance try this icecream it is so good, me and DBF were able to share the smallest size of icecream between us and split it between two waffle cups, I think we got a plain maybe vanilla ice cream with twix, graham cracker dust and caramel all pounded and mixed thru the icecream...divine!

I enjoyed Florida Mall, and I think I've mentioned it before but we saw loads off the Brazilian tourgroups and lets just say they were't going to get thru excess baggage lightly! we mostly wanted to check out abercrombie (I got my goddaughter some items from here) and hollister, where DBF got some cool items! so a happy days shoppiing!!!

We were starting to run a little short of time, but I really wanted to squeeze in an hour at wet n wild, DBF wasn't so keen because he thought it would be too rushed but I insisted, by the time we got there we had about 45 minutes before we had to leave, DBF was giving me death stares as I had kept us a little late talking to my family on the phone and we discovered we'd have to pay an $8 locker fee for what was now very limited time...so we decided 'lets just leave it' and we went back to the hotal and did some laundry and so despite having 2 waterparks available on our tickets, not a flume did we course down, not a lazy river did we float!

After DBF taught me about laundry (he couldn't believe i'd never done laundry and was enjoying being the one who knew exactly what to do) we headed off to the Outback to meet our friends and another family they were friends with, this was to be their last night in Orlando!

Of course, the table had to order a couple of these...

DBF has got a lot of compliments since we came home on this lovely hollister top...

before we left The Outback we played a game where you have to stand with your hands behind your back and pick up a paper bag from the floor with your teeth, our servers even joined in and we had lovely lovely food and a great laugh too! The whole group then moved on to TGI Fri's for a few cocktails, the little girl I teach dancing to was crying when we finally left that night, we get on well normally and spending so much time together over the last week or so had made her very sad she was going home in the morning!

This has been a very picture light post so I thought I could share some of the souveneirs we brought home, the first two are for my nana and mum, and they will hopefully be wearing them on their upcoming trip

Here were the couple of Disney items DBF and I treated ourselves too, I was so glad we bought the matching holographic cups, just makes me think of all our lovely memories every night when I get my glass of milk!

And lastly, over the past few months whenever I see a nice disney top I buy it for my mum and nana for thier trip, my mum is so happy with her pressentss, but I have an ulterior motive in that I really hope she will share them with me for my next trip!

Old 03-01-2011, 10:51 PM   #156
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great update! I love outlet shopping on vacation! You guys picked up a ton. I lovee the Juicy tracksuits! So comfy!
Haha, sounds like you guys certainly had fun at Outback! I love that place-- it's our favorite chain restaurant. I actually made the Bloomin Onion dipping sauce this weekend. Wasn't exactly the same, but pretty close!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #157
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Sounds like you had a great shopping day So much fun shopping in Florida, just a shame that we won't ever see the likes of 2.0 $ to the £ again. But it's just as well, can you imagine the amount of shopping we would bring back

Cute purchases, love the Minnie kissing top
Old 03-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #158
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Great update! I love outlet shopping on vacation! You guys picked up a ton. I lovee the Juicy tracksuits! So comfy!
Haha, sounds like you guys certainly had fun at Outback! I love that place-- it's our favorite chain restaurant. I actually made the Bloomin Onion dipping sauce this weekend. Wasn't exactly the same, but pretty close!
I love my juicy tracksuit, and we got it 40% off, it's actually a cotton one, not out of velour or velvet like they normally are...DBF had to hang around outside it took me so long to decide on exactly the right one, but have wore it loads since I got home!

Did you get the receipe on line? My aunt tried the bloomin onion at home but said it was very hard to not get the petals stuck together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Sounds like you had a great shopping day So much fun shopping in Florida, just a shame that we won't ever see the likes of 2.0 $ to the £ again. But it's just as well, can you imagine the amount of shopping we would bring back

Cute purchases, love the Minnie kissing top
$2 to the £1 would be shopping heaven, but your right maybe too dangerous for hauling our cases back onto the plane, DBF got so into the shopping, and said anytime we're in America he thinks we should stock up becase the quality and value of his t shirts was very good, never thought I'd find a BF who actually doesn't mind shopping!

The stripey top is from primark and the grey minnie hearts one is Dunnes, incase you fancy a wee sneaky purchase!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #159
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Cute clothes again!! I love the Mickey purse!
Isn't Outback yummy?! Those Bloomin' Onions are the devil!! But so tasty!!!
Hope things are going ok with your friends and such!

TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 03-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #160
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
Cute clothes again!! I love the Mickey purse!
Isn't Outback yummy?! Those Bloomin' Onions are the devil!! But so tasty!!!
Hope things are going ok with your friends and such!
I nearly had a heart attack when I heard how many calories were in those bad boys! but they were sooo good, and the presentation just makes them even better, the Outback's Dacquiri's were very good too and all our steaks were great - and for a very reasonable price!

The Mickey purse is for my nana, it suits her style, she's more understated but it's still nice and classy i think!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #161
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

I was intending to do an update tonight but my little sister has been in hospital, she has an infected wound from her belly button bar which she had to get operated on today, her white blood cell count is through the roof and she's got cellulosis! our gp misdiagnosed her and the only reason she is not in even worse condition is because my mum who is a nurse basically had to ignore our doctor's prognosis and take her straight to casualty!

she is the baby in our family and its so sad seeing her all sad amd crying lying up in the horrible old smelly hospital!

she is on the left, just turned 17 last week, my other sister in middle is 18 and then I'm on right!

Old 03-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #162
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Awww! So sorry to hear about your sister! There's nothing like motherly instinct! Thank goodness she had the knowledge and intuition to not listen to the doctor. Hope she starts feeling better soon!

BTW...still no package.....
Old 03-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #163
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about your sister. Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:35 AM   #164
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry about your sister! I hope she is doing much better!

Old 03-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #165
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

I am so sorry about your sister. Hope she starts feeling better soon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: