Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #136
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I haven't been to Kennedy Space Center in a few years. It was one of my least favorite places as a child, but I figure it's a place that I should get back to!

Oh my, three drinks and no food? I sense problems around the bend....

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #137
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Kennedy Space Center sounds fun! So nice that you were taking advantage of all central Florida has to offer! We never leave the WDW bubble.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2011, 03:33 AM   #138
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Looks like you had a great day at the Kennedy Space Centre, nice pictures

Oh dear, I can see a very long boozy night ahead at Citywalk
Old 02-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #139
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Glad you guys enjoyed the space center. It's never been on our to-do list, but I guess it is something everyone should experience at least once in their lives.
Uh oh...I think I can see exactly where your story is going! 3+ drinks on an empty stomach is never the best idea!!

Although DBF is a total physics buff he did say once was enough at least for about ten years, while I enjoyed it way more than I had expected, I would agree with his ten yearly assessment!

3 drinks quickly increased whilst my food intake did not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
That's hysterical about what happened at the bus with the gator viewing I enjoyed your pictures of the space center. Oh gosh, 3 drinks?
It made me want to go back to Gatorland! I was still mediumly ok at the 3 drink stage and City walk on a Saturday night was totally buzzing and something I'd never experienced, but yeah there's a messy end to the night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I haven't been to Kennedy Space Center in a few years. It was one of my least favorite places as a child, but I figure it's a place that I should get back to!

Oh my, three drinks and no food? I sense problems around the bend....
BIG Problems, I shall try and reveal this evening! another bump in my carefully constructed and discarded itinerary!

I don't think I would have liked it as a child, a little too slow paced, so might be worrth another shot, there's a lot of focus on the bravery of the astronaughts which I really appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Kennedy Space Center sounds fun! So nice that you were taking advantage of all central Florida has to offer! We never leave the WDW bubble.

Next time I want to stay in that Disney bubble for 7 days minimum, Im thinking of it constantly, I will have a long time (3 and a half years away) to plan! Seeing all the attractions was good for a wide range of experiences but felt like our vacation didn't have much relaxing time! One of your lovely relaxing drinks and food filled worldshowcase afternoon's/evenings has became a total fixation since we screwed it up so badly this time, at least Illuminations will be a nice surprise for DBF next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Looks like you had a great day at the Kennedy Space Centre, nice pictures

Oh dear, I can see a very long boozy night ahead at Citywalk
Yup Stefy, a long boozy fun but hangover inducing night!

We thought Kennedy Space Centre was a great day out, I'm glad I let DBF talk me into it!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #140
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Hard Rock Cafe & Citywalk Contd

Upon arrival at Hard Rock Cafe, the first thing we ordered was another round of drinks, we then ordered either one or two sharing platter appetizers between us all for dinner, followed by another round of drinks...our waitress was great fun and our time in the Hard Rock that night was lively and fun...

Our waitress was very nice, she explained a little about their pay system and how reliant they are on tips and we were all a little bit shocked by her hourly rate!

Look how tiny sheis beside DBF and the other guys!

So we headed back to the cabana/ beach hut that was attached to Jimmy Buffet's Margheritaville where we had started our evening and met up with another group that my friend knows who were also on holiday, we had already met them at our Raglan Road night and so we partied and danced in the street until 1am when me and DBF staggered all the way to the taxi rank and managed to make it back to our room in one piece...

no prizes for guessing if we missed Animal Kingdom Rope Drop!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #141
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Day 9: Rainforest Cafe & Pirate's Cove

I woke up on Sunday morning after our late night at City Walk, feeling pretty delicate, and groaned to DBF 'what happened to us...?!'

I struggled to get out of bed, I don't think i've ever felt so bad after a night out and DBF flat out refused to get up! I was like 'but we're in Florida we don't have time to be hungover'...but as I made my way round the room looking for a drink I kind of had to agree, self inflicted our pain most definitely was but that didn't change the fact that Expedition Everest just wasn't going to be on the cards today!

A small consolation was that this was the day of the World Cup final so as we slowly recovered our will to live we cheered on Spain to win! we ordered in a small domino's and it made us feel a good bit better and eventually at around 4.30 we finally made it out of the room heading toward Animal Kingdom! Only 8 hours late!

We had time to wander through the Rainforest giftshop and I bought the wee girl I teach dancing to a little frog mood changing necklace and gave it to her over dinner which she loved! soon our friends (from the night before, they were stronger willed than us) made their way out of Animal Kingdom to join us...

DBF and I both got burgers and chips, mine was delicious although I couldn't fully appreciate it and DBF was ok about his but later said he was sick of burGers and french fries, I was like 'did you not see the whole other 100 items on the menu then?!' maybe he just needed comfort food!

I really love the roof in the Rainforest cafe, and the thunderstorms and all the activities but DBF's hangove must've been hurting because he said 'I'm gonna kill that gorilla/monkey if he goes off one more time'...Not a disney attitute!

Sorry for the ppor quality, the camera was steaming up...

After our meal, we arranged for our friends to pick us up back at our hotel and we would share a lift to mini golf, we went to Pirates cove, it was raining so we tried to find Putting Edge but think we must've been at the wrong side of Festival Bay which looked very desolate in the evening time, we were trying to find it when my firend's husband said 'its stopped raining lets just go back to Pirate's Cove'...

DBF out on the Green's

...I love mini Golf so much, would love to try the Fantasia course on our next trip, I've done the Congo golf down I Drive before and the Pirate's cove one several times before but it was still enjoyable, especially in a group! and my friend's family is very competitive, which me and DBF thought was so funny, the mum would yell at the daughter 'that was 5, record 5, this is a competition you know, play by the rules' and the dad would shoutback from the other end of the hole 'for God sakes she's only 8!this was all at quite high volume and me, Ray and the family behind us (strangers but also from Ireland) were finding it good entertainment!

Me and my two young friends travelled in style to TGI fridays whilst DBF, my friend and her husband followed behind...1 strawberry dacquiri later and we were ready for bed!

although oour day could not have gone any less to plan, for starting off so sick and hungover we actually had a cool day, saw the World cup match, ate at a fun restaurant and enjoyed a game of mini golf, and luckily we still had a spare Disney day to try out AK later in the week!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #142
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Even though things didn't go according to plan, it still sounds like you guys had a fun day! We've done the Pirates Cove course before and it's a lot of fun-- I love how competitive your friends were about it!
Old 02-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #143
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Gosh I can imagine how you felt the next morning, but it looks like you survived the day and had a great time
Old 02-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #144
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Even though things didn't go according to plan, it still sounds like you guys had a fun day! We've done the Pirates Cove course before and it's a lot of fun-- I love how competitive your friends were about it!
They kept us entertained for sure, I thought I was fairly competitive at mini golf, that was before our joint game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Gosh I can imagine how you felt the next morning, but it looks like you survived the day and had a great time
Yes, although we were pretty tender at the start of the day it shaped up into a memorable fun evening, although DBF would not be rushing back to Rainforest Cafe anytime soon!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #145
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

I just checked your TR to see if you had posted anything new, & realized that I've never posted from your past couple of updates. But, I had read them earlier. Sometimes, I read TR from my Ipod Touch, & tell myself that I'll post my comments later from our computer, because it takes me too long to type from the Ipod. Then, I forget about it .

That is so cool that you went to the Space Center. I love reading about the other fun stuff y'all are doing away from Disney. It's giving me some ideas for our future trips.

Your Hard Rock waitress does look like a lot of fun. She makes the boys look like they are giants in that picture!

Wow, all those drinks with not much food. I probably would not have gotten out of bed until 4:30 either! At least you still had fun watching the tournament on t.v.

At AK you were wearing another cute outfit! Love the necklace, I thought it really went the AK theming.

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
Old 02-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #146
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
I just checked your TR to see if you had posted anything new, & realized that I've never posted from your past couple of updates. But, I had read them earlier. Sometimes, I read TR from my Ipod Touch, & tell myself that I'll post my comments later from our computer, because it takes me too long to type from the Ipod. Then, I forget about it .

That is so cool that you went to the Space Center. I love reading about the other fun stuff y'all are doing away from Disney. It's giving me some ideas for our future trips.

Your Hard Rock waitress does look like a lot of fun. She makes the boys look like they are giants in that picture!

Wow, all those drinks with not much food. I probably would not have gotten out of bed until 4:30 either! At least you still had fun watching the tournament on t.v.

At AK you were wearing another cute outfit! Love the necklace, I thought it really went the AK theming.
Thanks I had to look back there to see what outfit you meant, it does look a bit tribal! the necklace was about £5 = maybe $8, gotta love the bargains, and I'll be able to use it again this year to spice up a maxi, going to Egypt so on the hunt for maxi dresses as I've heard on visiting the main cities you cannot have bare legs or you would get unwanted attention!

Glad I could maybe give you a few ideas with our outside Disney trips, I would've liked to have done Gatorland this trip too, I really enjoyed our last visit there, and we had hoped to go to the beach, but for our next trip I want it to be all Disney...transport, dining, parks and resort!

I'm really glad you left a comment, it's like a virtual butt kick...get this trip report back on the road , I think I needed a little motivation...
Old 02-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #147
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Hi there! Just read your TR and am joining in!
First off, I think your outfits for the trip are soooooo cute! I hope to dress up a little bit more for our upcoming trip than I did last time (granted, I was pregnant and uncomfortable ).
So sorry to hear about the hangover. I don't get them too often, but when I do it's like a little reminder as to why I don't drink that much
And I'm glad you guys were able to have a good day even if you didn't follow the original plans.
Can't wait to read more!!

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 02-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #148
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
Hi there! Just read your TR and am joining in!
First off, I think your outfits for the trip are soooooo cute! I hope to dress up a little bit more for our upcoming trip than I did last time (granted, I was pregnant and uncomfortable ).
So sorry to hear about the hangover. I don't get them too often, but when I do it's like a little reminder as to why I don't drink that much
And I'm glad you guys were able to have a good day even if you didn't follow the original plans.
Can't wait to read more!!

glad you liked the outfits, I loved planning what to wear for the trip! and have became really obsessed with disney clothing!

You looked really good in all your photo's, I wouldn't have guessed you were pregnant at all! and i really admire that you were able to go to the gym in Disney...DBF is insisting that we do exercise on holiday this year as its the middle of his hurling season and he doesn't want to lose any fitness whilst we're away, bad me is thinking does climbing the stairs to the slide/walking to the bar etc count as exercising?!

I repent of that hangover now, it was a bit of a wasted day, but at the same time I supposse we enjoyed it at the time and DBF was so glad to get to watch the world cup final
!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #149
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

My trip report has stalled a little, we had a terrible tragedy within our community, a man died in a plane crash aged 39, I teach his daughters (3&5) Irish dancing and his mum was our babysitter when we were little...so with all that sadness, DBF's birthday, wisdom teeth and abcesses for me, as well as a locational promotion in work (=more responsibility, no pay rise) I've been too preoccupied for dis...

I thought a good way to start things back up is share some of the purchases that I've made in the past few weeks, these are kinda for my mum's upcoming trip in May, and kinda for my next as yet unknown trip...

The above t shirts are both from Primark and were £8 each, the below one is Asda and is £6, the final t shirt was a christmas present from my aunt, who also got me the mac 'disney villains evil queen from snow white' lipgloss!

Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #150
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

I love your new shirts. The 1st two are my favorite & so cute!

I am sorry to hear about your friend. That is so sad, I feel so bad for his two daughters. My prayers tonight will be for those little girls. It's good they have you for their dance teacher to show them some extra love.

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: