Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2011, 03:50 AM   #1
Casajencol
Earning My Ears

Just Back

We got Back Tuesday 10/11 and had the most special trip.

we came over for 2 weeks from the 09/25. we had a 2 week ticket to all the parks (wdw,universal and seaworld) and had an absolute blast, my now fiance was worried about all the walking but as soon as she got to the world she completly forgot about it and i didnt hear a word out of her for the duration even though her feet were in agony!!!

Couple of dissapointments in relation to WDW mind with it being our first ever 2 week vacation together since being together and my ladys first trip to WDW, i wanted some really special photos, we took around 50 photopass pics in a variety of locations in all the parks, thinking they knew the best angles,lighting etc but the photographers didnt seem to have a clue (with the exception of a few)

All the pics either had no scenary, bad lighting, shadows covering our faces, for example we had a pic taken to the right of the castle near the rose garden and the lady photographer zoomed right in on us....and u couldnt even see the castle!? !?!? surely the point in that location is the stunning view of the castle.

Thankfully the photographers also took pics on our own camera at the same time and some of these turned out better?!?!?!?!!!!

Queue times were brilliant, with us riding the likes of tower of terror 7 times!!!! i did pull a muscle or bruse a rib on rock n roller coaster as i dont think my restraint was clicked down enough so i was a bit worried about going back on that after that happened.

It seemed to get busier and busier the closer we got to going home i imagine this was due to MNSSHP.

Food in the park was a little frustrating at times, i agree with another post in that the healthy options on offer is quite appalling really (wether this is a uk point of view an this is the norm in the usa i dont know) but everything either had chips or fries...you can offer tasty quick service food thats healthy! i think disney need to move with the times and maybe even make a statement by increasing their offerings.

Im not sure they get enough credit as well but the staff in some of the shops were superb, so friendly and dont get enough credit. Specifically the world of Disney store in downtown disney had some lovely older ladies working there who seemed genuinely interested in each and every person they spoke to

On a positive note i asked my good lady of 3 years to marry me and she said YES!!!!!!!!!! wahoooooooooo i was going to ask in MK but ended up wimping out of it because of the amount of people around, and i opted for a quiet restaurant setting outside of WDW just the 2 of us, it was really really special and something ill never forget.

As for the posts saying Disney is going down hill.....the world is going through some really really difficult times. Disney like anyone else will be trying to remain profitable with the average customer spending less. Our whole experience in what seems to be off season was fantastic! its my 3rd visit to WDW and i felt the same buzz as when i last went 6 years previously....although i love the parks i couldnt go every year, i think although kids adore it they need to see and experience the world because i know when i was younger id get bored of seeing the same things!

I hope anyone going in the next few weeks has a really great time
Old 10-14-2011, 03:58 AM   #2
acf_1991
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the review and congratualations on getting married! I hope to see pictures of your trip and wedding planning.

Disneyland veteran since '91
Newbie to Disney World 2012 Can't wait!!!!

Check out my PTR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2756566
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2011, 04:18 AM   #3
glammadiva
DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting and congratulations on your engagement! Glad you had such a great time, I am a WDW addict and go several times a year. I love it when I read good things about it from other people. Hope you healed w/o it interfering with your trip!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:56 AM   #4
averill94
DIS Veteran

Congratulations to you both !

Sounds like you had a fabulous trip
Old 10-14-2011, 05:00 AM   #5
leebee
DIS Veteran

OP, congratulations on your engagement! We, too, just returned from our vacation on 10/11, and we also had a fantastic time, although we were only there for the weekend. As we usually go to WDW in August, we found both the temperature and crowd level quite pleasing. I think perhaps you felt the crowds were larger over the last weekend because Monday 10/10 was a public holiday for much of the Northeast AND because the weekend of 10/7 to 10./11 is a traditional mid-semester break for many US colleges and Universities. ANyhow, I am glad you enjoyed your vacation, and wish you and your fiancee a wonderful wedding and best wishes for a long and happy life together
Old 10-14-2011, 06:38 AM   #6
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

I'm going to move this to our trip report board.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: