Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #31
WDWBarb
It was, in fact, *I* who was sounding like a loose fan belt
I need to put some distance between my coffee, my mouth and my monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Don't get me wrong. Gore me up! Big Evil Dead fans here. Watched "Drag me to Hell" the other night. But DO NOT mess with animals! I HATED what happened to the dog in I AM LEGEND.
I'm 100% with you, Jennasis. Exactly how I feel.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #32
Toad_Passenger
Wild Ride Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle0101 View Post
DS15 loves anything zombie related so I watched it with him. I really liked it! We watched some of the extras on AMC On Demand today (MediaCom). Really interesting.

You can take a Survival Test at AMC.com.
http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-W.../survival-test

I ended up as a Strong Mom.
DS15 a Leader.
DS11 a Youthful Sidekick.

We'd probably do ok in a zombie apocalypse, at least for a while.
Fun quiz. I ended up as the "Father Figure." I guess that means I'd be in charge of a group of people and try to keep them together at all costs. It fits me pretty well since I certainly wouldn't want to be on my own.

My WDW visits:
Ft. Wilderness Campground - 1986
Polynesian - 1989, 1991, 1998
Off-Site - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 2002 (Honeymoon), 2011
PO Riverside - 2003, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #33
kinntj
DIS Veteran

We DVR'd this and I haven't watched it yet. I'll watch it tomorrow when the kids are in school. The previews seemed right up my alley. I'll check back in after I watch it.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #34
si-am
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Don't get me wrong. Gore me up! Big Evil Dead fans here. Watched "Drag me to Hell" the other night. But DO NOT mess with animals! I HATED what happened to the dog in I AM LEGEND.
I'm the same way. For some reason, seeing humans killed by zombies doesn't bother me, but I can't stand when something happens to animals!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #35
jen0610
DIS Veteran

We just got to watch this last night and it will be added to our already overloaded DVR lineup.

This is right up the alley for all 4 of us. During the part when Morgan is telling Rick about how his wife was gathering up pictures while he was gathering up survival suppies, DH looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. I told him, that a much as I love my pictures, that yes I know - guns, ammo, water, food, clothing, medical supplies all come first.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #36
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Took the survival test and I'm an Alpha (Fe)Male.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #37
KellyWasHere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Have you seen Fido? Excellent, lighthearted, zombie fare, with interesting social commentary.

Also, there's Flight of the Living Dead, which is absolute dreck, but highly entertaining none the less. It's got a legless zombie nun!

Land of the Dead is probably my current favorite of the Romero oeuvre. I was rooting for "Big Daddy" all the way through!
I have not seen either of those. I will have to check them out. I really enjoyed Land of the Dead, good flick.

I started reading this comic series when it first came out, so it's been a looooong time since I read the opening issues. However, they are doing stuff that seems way too "dumb" to me. Smearing zombie blood on themselves to cover their scent? I was yelling at the TV screen "The virus is in their blood!" And they even knew it because Rick said, don't get it on your skin. I really don't think they did this in the comics. They do dumb stuff for sure, but stuff that I can understand. Not consciously putting zombie blood on yourself.

It seems like it is moving sooooooooo sloooooooooow. I can't believe Rick still hasn't met up with his wife and partner. I guess because it's only 6 episodes that I want them to speed it up. I don't know. I'm not loving it, but I will keep watching for now.

33, married , with 2 daughters (5 & 3 )

May 2000 All-Star Music / October 2000 Disneyland / October 2002 All-Star Music (Disney + US/IOA) / June 2003 Swan (belated honeymoon, Disney + US/IOA) / October 2007 All-Star Music / November 2009 All-Star Sports / December 2010 Windsor Hills (Disney + US/IOA) / October 2011 All-Star Movies & Old Key West / May 2012 Bay Lake Tower & CBR / October 2012 Bonnet Creek

Old 11-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #38
Cinerbelle
Mouseketeer

Dang it, hubby love zombie movies... he would have loved this show, but this if the first I am hearing about it. I was going to buy the first 2 episodes on iTunes, but if there are only 6 episodes is it really worth it to get invested at this point?
Old 11-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #39
poutytink
WAAAA The tag fairy doesn't love me...

The series has been renewed for another season already.....go ahead and invest yourself in it! I'm not that much into zombie films usually..but The Walking Dead is great!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:24 AM   #40
2BigKIdz
Is it still winter!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarfoxinWA View Post
I watched it with DS14 and we both liked it. Although why in the world the guy would take a random horse and saddle up rather than just keep looking for another vehicle is beyond me.
Just my opinion but he said something to the horse along the lines of taking him to be with other horses as he thought there would be sanctuary in Atlanta.

I am really enjoying it so far.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #41
2BigKIdz
Is it still winter!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerbelle View Post
Dang it, hubby love zombie movies... he would have loved this show, but this if the first I am hearing about it. I was going to buy the first 2 episodes on iTunes, but if there are only 6 episodes is it really worth it to get invested at this point?
they have been replaying the episodes so he could catch up for free, just go to the amc site and look at the schedule it will tell you when they are being shown.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #42
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Last episode is TONIGHT!!!

I just watched all 5 episodes this weekend..LOL, DH And I have been backed up on our TV watching...I am absolutley in LOVE with this show..! I may look into the comic..

Old 12-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #43
bicker
DIS Veteran

Just to be clear - there will be a Season 2. 13 episodes have been ordered. (Highlight to see spoiler.)
Old 12-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #44
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker View Post
Just to be clear - there will be a Season 2. 13 episodes have been ordered. (Highlight to see spoiler.)
An I am SUPER excited by this...I guess I should say that the SEASON FINALE is tonight

Old 12-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #45
bicker
DIS Veteran

More spoilers can be found here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=127

Be warned, those spoilers aren't tagged as spoilers. (It is public information, reported in the national entertainment press.)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: