Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #2506
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

are we allowed to speculate here? Curious what everyone thinks the new threat is.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #2507
h518may
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWBarb View Post
Gosh, yes - it was crazy. We did the photo op but the line for his autograph was tremendous. It stretched across two rooms in the convention center! The lines for everyone else were pretty darn short. I walked straight up to Hershel. He's was a surprise guest - Shane cancelled last minute. Reedus has a gigantic fan base and he's so nice to them.
Me, DH and DS were there yesterday. We did the cast picture, and then my DS wanted a picture with Chandler Riggs so we went to his booth and did a picture. The line for Chandler was only a few people. I talked to several people that said they waited for Norman Reedus for over three hours. Some friends of ours couldn't even buy tickets for yesterday, they went over capacity. It was so crazy yesterday we didn't get our picture, they were hours behind on printing. At least for us it was an easy ride home since we live in town.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #2508
WDWBarb
It was, in fact, *I* who was sounding like a loose fan belt
I need to put some distance between my coffee, my mouth and my monitor

You didn't get your picture? That stinks! After waiting an hour and 20 minutes, I finally asked someone on the staff what we could do because we were an hour from home and the dogs had been alone too long. They took pity on me and printed the pic. By that point they had full cast photos done - wish I'd know, I could have picked it up for you!

What chaos. Hope there's better planning next year. It's only the second year of the event and I think they didn't expect such a turnout. I'd say 60% of it was for Reedus!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #2509
h518may
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the offer, someone took pity on us and added digital pictures for us even though we didn't pay for digital pictures. I will print them at home when they go on line.

We went last year and it was not bad. All of the convention fit in the Galt House last year. I don't think they ever expected the convention to be this big this quick, they're still just figuring this out.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #2510
ginnygi
Mouseketeer

Norman Reedus

I am going to the NYC Comic con in October. I have never been to one before. How do the meet and greets/photo ops work? I would really like to see Norman Reedus. We are going Sunday. Do I just get a ticket or something when I get there to be able to see him? Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about this process. TIA!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #2511
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Until last weekened, I had never seen The Walking Dead. My daughter, her friend, and I had a slumber party weekend and had a Season 3 Walking Dead marathon. Now, I can't wait until the season premiere. I have to watch seasons 1 and 2 first.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #2512
WDWBarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnygi View Post
I am going to the NYC Comic con in October. I have never been to one before. How do the meet and greets/photo ops work? I would really like to see Norman Reedus. We are going Sunday. Do I just get a ticket or something when I get there to be able to see him? Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about this process. TIA!
You typically have to purchase tickets for the photo ops (yet another line to stand in for Norman!) and, depending on the venue, you may have to buy a ticket for an autograph. I believe they take cash on the spot for most of the celebs, but Norman draws such a huge crowd that they have to handle him a bit differently.

For the photo op, it's jump in, pose and run! They move very fast. But Norman is very nice and speaks to everyone. If you ask, he'll let you kiss him on the cheek.

For autographs, they usually don't let you also take a picture but that also depends on the celeb and the venue. Scott Wilson (Hershel) and Michael Rooker (Merle) were happy to take pictures with an autograph (they were charging $40 each). But Reedus's people were yelling NO PICTURES!! Funny, tho, 'cause he took quite a few. And he loves kids, so he spends extra time with them.

Have fun!! Meeting Norman is a treat.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #2513
WDWBarb

And while I'm here... I'm loving this alternate intro to TWD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8z_d...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #2514
ginnygi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWBarb View Post
You typically have to purchase tickets for the photo ops (yet another line to stand in for Norman!) and, depending on the venue, you may have to buy a ticket for an autograph. I believe they take cash on the spot for most of the celebs, but Norman draws such a huge crowd that they have to handle him a bit differently.

For the photo op, it's jump in, pose and run! They move very fast. But Norman is very nice and speaks to everyone. If you ask, he'll let you kiss him on the cheek.

For autographs, they usually don't let you also take a picture but that also depends on the celeb and the venue. Scott Wilson (Hershel) and Michael Rooker (Merle) were happy to take pictures with an autograph (they were charging $40 each). But Reedus's people were yelling NO PICTURES!! Funny, tho, 'cause he took quite a few. And he loves kids, so he spends extra time with them.

Have fun!! Meeting Norman is a treat.
WHERE do I purchase the tickets for the photo op? Do they sell out, as it were. Is there a change of Sunday times selling out on Saturday for multi day guests? Hope these questions make sense. I only vaguely understand what I mean.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #2515
WDWBarb

Quote:
WHERE do I purchase the tickets for the photo op? Do they sell out, as it were. Is there a change of Sunday times selling out on Saturday for multi day guests? Hope these questions make sense. I only vaguely understand what I mean.
Well, I've never been to NYC Comic Con, but I'm guessing they'll be selling them right up front. I just checked out their website and it has practically no info - they don't even list Reedus as a guest. Wish I could help more - some cons sell the tickets on their website but it doesn't appear they have that option.

And I've not seen them "sell out" - typically Reedus signs until everyone is gone. But with his increasing popularity, I wouldn't doubt that it could happen. His lines are very long.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #2516
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They haven't announced any of the Walking Dead cast for NY Comic Con yet, but they're expected to be there, since the season premiere is that same weekend.

But, the autograph thing was very limited at NYCC last year. Only 50 tickets were given away the morning of the panel that let you get autographs from the whole cast. So unless they're also appearing separately as well, you might have a tough time getting a photo.

Here are the details from how it worked last year:

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Press...rk-Comic-Con-/

I'm hoping to get in for the panel, if they're doing it again this year.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #2517
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

I just met Chandler Riggs yesterday at monster mania in NJ near where I live. I took my nephew. Chandler is a nice kid so cute. But $40 an autograph. My nephew picked out the pic he wanted signed and he signed and also took a pic with him. Riley had a WD hat on and I asked. I said. You can say no if u have too but can u sign his hat too. Chandler looked at his dad. Like to get permission. And papa Riggs said no. He said. Every autograph is $40. He was nice about it though.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #2518
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Old 10-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #2519
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Is this going to be the go-to thread for the new TWD season, or is there a different one in the works?

I just finished bidding a fond, bittersweet farewell to Breaking Bad and now I have to rebound with TWD to fill the void and make myself feel better. I'm glad it's almost here!

By the way, has anyone been watching Low Winter Sun? I almost feel bad for that show -- when it debuted, all of the die hard Breaking Bad fans, including myself, were angry that LWS stood between Breaking Bad and Talking Bad, and that we had to sit through LWS to get 2 seconds of teasers for the next BrBa episode.

Now, all of the die hard Walking Dead fans, including myself, are eager for that show to return -- and Low Winter Sun is the thing that is preventing TWD from starting one week earlier than it should be starting!

I think that AMC should have debuted the new episode of The Walking Dead on the same night as the final episode of Breaking Bad and watched its ratings for the entire night blast all of the other networks out of the water!!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #2520
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

I never heard of the show Low Winter Sun. What is it about?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: