Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #2461
nathalee81
DIS Veteran

My daughter is only 10 months old and we won't even watch it in front of her. We wait until she is asleep and in bed and then we will watch it...

I don't know how much she can understand or anything, but I don't even want her glimpsing at that kind of stuff now.

It is just way too graphic and violent.

I agree I have become more desensitized to violence since the start of the show. The one exception to that was the scene where Andrea kicked those zombies jaws off-I couldn't even watch that.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #2462
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Just made it through all 35 episodes in the past 2 weeks...so now I can read this thread.

While I get that nobody is safe, IRL you'd get better at staying safe. So it sort of blows the realism for me if all of the lead characters would eventually get killed off. I don't particularly like Rick, so I'd be ok with him going since I think he's at the root of most of their troubles. But Hershel? He has enough sense to stay away from danger now. And I'd probably stop watching if Daryl was offed. If a something is too far fetched to be believable, I quickly lose interest.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #2463
PixieDust32
♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

I miss The Walking Dead

Instagram: roxyy39

Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #2464
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosesix View Post
Just made it through all 35 episodes in the past 2 weeks...so now I can read this thread.

While I get that nobody is safe, IRL you'd get better at staying safe. So it sort of blows the realism for me if all of the lead characters would eventually get killed off. I don't particularly like Rick, so I'd be ok with him going since I think he's at the root of most of their troubles. But Hershel? He has enough sense to stay away from danger now. And I'd probably stop watching if Daryl was offed. If a something is too far fetched to be believable, I quickly lose interest.
Wait...the idea of people getting killed more often is the thing you find too far fetched to be believable in a show about the Zombie Apocalypse?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #2465
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

I don't like Rick either. I use too.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #2466
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

Quote:
And I'd probably stop watching if Daryl was offed.
You and just about every other female watching right now. How that man can look so good wearing a serape is beyond me.

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Old 04-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #2467
AlexWyattMommy
Okay, here I am, out of high school and still with the big hair
"You would look like a stupid pony"
I can answer - BEEF and WILLIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeKelly View Post
You and just about every other female watching right now. How that man can look so good wearing a serape is beyond me.
Clint Eastwood made one look pretty darn good too.

4 people + 1 travel trailer = tons of giggles
Old 04-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #2468
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Wait...the idea of people getting killed more often is the thing you find too far fetched to be believable in a show about the Zombie Apocalypse?
well....they are in a prison that seems relatively secure, they don't need to go outside for months, and eventually there should be less zombies. Unlike the early days of the plague where people wouldn't have known what to watch out for or how to kill them.

I'd just think by now they'd have the sense to know they should be wearing head-to-toe body armour and leaving secure places as little as possible.

People did survive the black death -- not sure I see much difference between that and a zombie apocalypse.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
Old 04-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #2469
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
That's what popped into my mind too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeKelly View Post
Not this female! I like the Daryl character, but he does nothing for me in any other way. I've seen so much gushing about him on Facebook and elsewhere and I am always thinking, "Wow. I just don't see it at all."

Quote:
well....they are in a prison that seems relatively secure, they don't need to go outside for months, and eventually there should be less zombies. Unlike the early days of the plague where people wouldn't have known what to watch out for or how to kill them.

I'd just think by now they'd have the sense to know they should be wearing head-to-toe body armour and leaving secure places as little as possible.

People did survive the black death -- not sure I see much difference between that and a zombie apocalypse.
I'm glad you were able to get caught up and join the chat!

I can see your points but I don't necessarily agree with some of them. The survivors with whom we are familiar can't stay in the prison forever. They will run out of food and other supplies, or simply lose their minds. Some of the survivors would want to eventually branch out and see who else is out there, or they would succumb to despair and probably kill themselves.

Presumably, the whole world has fallen victim to this virus, so there are inevitably hordes and hordes of zombies all over the earth. I think it will be a long, long time before there are fewer zombies, though the zombies in the immediate area of the prison will probably ebb and flow. The prison group has acclimated to a certain degree and has learned to only deal with the zombies that are immediate threats. But every so often a horde will come moseying along and will have to be dealt with, and there may be some casualties.

But, zombies aside, many people will die simply because humanity, sanity and law have flown out the window (like in the case of the Governor). People are losing their minds and snapping (understandably), and that could be the cause of a lot of deaths. It may even be that other humans are more of a threat than the actual zombies.

I live in Los Angeles. Back in 1992 we experienced the infamous, almost surreal L.A. Riots. I cannot tell you how bizarre it was to open the screen door (and I live in a good, relatively safe area of town) and see/smell embers and ashes falling from the sky due to fires that were man-made and miles away. On the news there were constant updates of roving bands of marauders who were starting fires around the city, looting and breaking into businesses and residences all over Los Angeles. At night we were afraid to go to sleep because we were terrified of the criminals who were suddenly out of control and roaming the streets, even in the decent areas of town. Suddenly there was a mandatory (early) curfew imposed on all L.A. citizens, whereas there had not been one in the past.

People basically turned into animals during the Riots and it was scary. And some folks decided not to let those horrible people get the better of them, so many "average Joes" started scrambling for ammunition to protect themselves, their families, their homes, their businesses, etc. Some of them probably killed or injured some innocent people along the way, and some took down the actual offenders.

So I guess my point is that, in a zombie apocalypse, I, personally, would expect a lot of deaths, either from zombie attacks or from humans who have gone mad and/or turned against their allies in a lawless society. It's just an unsafe, uncertain, unpredictable climate on TWD, in which people have turned into animals and it's hard to trust anyone.

Now, if TWD started killing major characters off in every single episode it might be a little far-fetched and slasher film-esque, but this series has covered a relatively short window of time in its 3 seasons and they are still in that acclimation period where the main group is trying to adjust -- but will lose some of their own along the way.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 04-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #2470
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

There would not be "less" zombies. Everyone who dies becomes one, so as the population dies, there would be MORE zombies and less humans.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #2471
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
I don't like Rick either. I use too.
I feel the same way. I didn't mind him in the first two seasons but he has become completely unbearable. During recent episodes I find myself hoping that he'll be killed off. I was the same way with Shane and eventually it happened!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #2472
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I feel the same way. I didn't mind him in the first two seasons but he has become completely unbearable. During recent episodes I find myself hoping that he'll be killed off. I was the same way with Shane and eventually it happened!
Same. In the very last episode, I started not to hate Rick so much.

But unfortunately he almost always makes the wrong decision and it's his way or the highway so inevitably people go along with him. He's not that much better than Shane -- he was ready to kill Morgan for his gun before he realized who he was. That was a little cold.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #2473
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The prison has never been secure. They've cleared out their section, but there's an entire side of the prison that's completely destroyed (where Tyrese's group came in) with no way of securing it. Even in the parts they've cleared out, they still have problems with walkers invading the tombs and they've had to go and wipe them out a few times since they've been there.

They also don't have enough food and supplies - even more so now that their group is bigger, and it's been so long since the whole thing started that food is getting harder and harder to find in large supply.

And it's not just the zombies, obviously we learned that this season with the Governor. And he can't be the only one - those who keep zombies alive for sport or for power, who would terrorize and kill the living to protect their own, who don't want the world to go back to the way it was because they like the power they have now. The prison will never safe as long as the Governor is around.

Body armor is great, but as I remember from the comics, it also limits their vision and movement, so there are drawbacks to that too.

Zombies take a long, long time to die. There's no cure, so as long as there are humans, there will be zombies. And with the human population so reduced, there aren't enough people to take down all of the zombies. So it will go on and on for decades, at least. Where there are now is definitely not far enough along to see a light at the end of that tunnel.

They've figured things out a lot from where they were in the first season, but surviving keeps getting harder instead of easier.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #2474
JenM
DIS Veteran

It looks like Season 4 is about to start. Norman Reedus tweeted these last night:

https://twitter.com/wwwbigbaldhead/s...56986179649537

Quote:
norman reedus‏@wwwbigbaldhead
ep 1 is gonna RULE pic.twitter.com/l8F0knRt00
https://twitter.com/wwwbigbaldhead/s...56387539206144

Quote:
norman reedus‏@wwwbigbaldhead
sorry Dallas love u guys. episode one is huge. I promise you’ll freakout. gonna be SO GOOD pic.twitter.com/MoJYJEXBne

Old 05-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #2475
Manateemum
Mouseketeer

It is Free Comic Book Day and I was able to snag a Walking Dead issue. :-). Yay!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: